Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

This could divide the country in more ways than one .

West and East Wales .

The people’s democratic republic of west wales .( PDRWW)

The United States of East Wales.(USEW).

Lets build that wall !

We will get the Irish in to do it - especially Irish rugby fans .

Bridgend though would be an eerie no mans land .

You can keep Carwyn and the assembly - strict border controls when you come down here in the summer .

Damn we’ve only got Swansea airport though and that shed in Haverfordwest ...

Lots to sort out .

And all because the East stole snow from the West .

We really should just live in peace .

Andy I am coming over as a peace enjoy from the West but I will be demanding you give us our snow back .

This is non negotiable .

• Like 1

Posted

It stalled in Cardiff you lucky boy. Heaviest not made it 10 miles west where I am but still snowing alot lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow

Around 3 inches in back garden. Front is bare on road and bone dry. Snow just blowing to sides. 

20180301_091758.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Got about 3 inches here now,plenty of overnight drifting.

Drifts are upto 6 feet deep just from a covering of yesterday`s snow crazy.

-5.6c

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Snow dying out here now as it becomes lighter. Main snow not until this afternoon remember. This wasn’t expected quite Iike this, this early.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Snow dying out here now as it becomes lighter. Main snow not until this afternoon remember. This wasn’t expected quite Iike this, this early.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Snow has become moderate here and blowing like mad in the wind but not sticking anywhere despite how much it snows because of the wind and how powdery it is. Temp still -2.8C

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted

In times of austerity, I see that Swansea council can still afford to operate their snow shield!!! 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, g1blet said:

In times of austerity, I see that Swansea council can still afford to operate their snow shield!!! 

You can guarantee that the robowarden will be on full patrol today and tomorrow and you will get snapped if you get stuck in the snow on a yellow line .

• Like 1

Posted

The met app forcast for me has been spot on so far, still downgraded so much since yesterday, but hoping they may just change it back better later.  Really pretty here though. Went to walk the dog, in his new boots, he looked like a bucking donkey lol, he was not impressed and it was too cold so we only went around the block. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Just checked the forecast on met office app and snow forecast on Sunday as well now instead of rain

Posted
43 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

This could divide the country in more ways than one .

West and East Wales .

The people’s democratic republic of west wales .( PDRWW)

The United States of East Wales.(USEW).

Lets build that wall !

We will get the Irish in to do it - especially Irish rugby fans .

Bridgend though would be an eerie no mans land .

You can keep Carwyn and the assembly - strict border controls when you come down here in the summer .

Damn we’ve only got Swansea airport though and that shed in Haverfordwest ...

Lots to sort out .

And all because the East stole snow from the West .

We really should just live in peace .

Andy I am coming over as a peace enjoy from the West but I will be demanding you give us our snow back .

This is non negotiable .

lol

Posted
14 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

You can guarantee that the robowarden will be on full patrol today and tomorrow and you will get snapped if you get stuck in the snow on a yellow line .

lol - you get anymore lols - you'll be able to make a lol sandwhich lol

Posted
2 hours ago, alijoe said:

Ive been downgraded with met as well, will go check bbc one and IF I am upgraded on that    LET'S go with that one lol

Think thats a definite upgrade ?Hold on everyone its gonna be a hell a ride snowmageddon is here❄❄❄❄❄

Seriously though be safe all, much love

Posted

Nearly stopped here now thank goodness.  Very windy blowing lying powdery snow around.  I work in a care home so have NO choice about getting to and from work.  I don't care about record breaking blizzards or anything else.  The fact that there is currently a red warning in place for my area is very concerning because public transport will grind to a halt later on and roads will become impassible.  I hate snow because of the disruption it causes especially for those of us who HAVE to get to work regardless of the weather.

Posted

Right the driftometer has been set up for the next two days don’t let me down Met Office

2DF3CBFB-4025-457E-83FA-945BA1D326D6.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, fendermaestro said:

Nearly stopped here now thank goodness.  Very windy blowing lying powdery snow around.  I work in a care home so have NO choice about getting to and from work.  I don't care about record breaking blizzards or anything else.  The fact that there is currently a red warning in place for my area is very concerning because public transport will grind to a halt later on and roads will become impassible.  I hate snow because of the disruption it causes especially for those of us who HAVE to get to work regardless of the weather.

Welcome to the weather enthusiasts regional forum.

We all have our quirks and kinks though most I think prefer heavy and deep snow .

What is your weather preference ?

Andy ,give this guy my steak ? as he deserves it more than I .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Looking at the charts I would say from Bridgend east still looks very good for later for the heaviest precip and outside of that some good accumulations I would imagine still! Getting lighter here now, will be fun come thisafternoon/evening (depending on your version of fun of course!) 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, fendermaestro said:

We’re just weather enthusiasts on here fendermaestro but it’s an excellent point there’s a bigger picture here than some of us watching the snow fall and drinking coffee. My daughter has gone to work in the Velindre in Cardiff today she obviously can’t leave and me and the wife will be on tenterhooks until she’s back.keep safe those of you who have to be out in it.

• Like 1

Posted

Really cold in Pembroke Dock now and I mean bitter, can't ever remember being THAT cold starting the car and driving in.  Bit disappointed that we appear to be downgraded but yet all of the schools here will close at 1pm today and will remain closed tomorrow.