Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Well I'm in a quandary here. Everything's settled in Bassaleg and the side roads don't look fun already. Main boss has said stay at home, while another says 'that's nothing' and he'll check the roads on his way in and let me know. 

Do I go in for an hour or so? 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

Well fair play to the MO at least in my part of the world light snow from the morning though in previous years this would be heavy I think, fingers crossed they’ve got the rest of the day nailed, did get lighter here 10 minutes ago but here we go again

I think the Met has been very good of late especially since they left the BBC, i think they want to show them they were well wrong and cheap to ditch them.

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, RhysWales said:

Well I'm in a quandary here. Everything's settled in Bassaleg and the side roads don't look fun already. Main boss has said stay at home, while another says 'that's nothing' and he'll check the roads on his way in and let me know. 

Do I go in for an hour or so? 

If u can get home easily then go have some fun . Nothing better than having to walk home in a snow blizzard, might not see something like this in years. 

Posted
Just now, snowy36 said:

If u can get home easily then go have some fun . Nothing better than having to walk home in a snow blizzard, might not see something like this in years. 

It's a 4 mile walk or so, but that doesn't bother me too much I guess. Just don't want to be stuck on blocked roads. I think going in and playing it by ear may be a good shout! Take my walking boots with me! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Steady blowing snow since 6.00 about a mile from the airport. We’re on farmland and the fields are covering up in white nicely. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Managed to get many see sense and on way home Cardiff getting rough so please train just get me home !

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, RhysWales said:

It's a 4 mile walk or so, but that doesn't bother me too much I guess. Just don't want to be stuck on blocked roads. I think going in and playing it by ear may be a good shout! Take my walking boots with me! 

I walked home about that distance a few times in the great snow of 2010, it was really fun. 

• Like 2

Posted

Dry patch nightmares starting to come true.

Its one of those occasions where you can look on in awe to the line of thick cloud in the distance and know that area is getting a pasting whilst nothing where you stand .

Suppose Swansea is still paying back for that NNW event that dumped a good 4 inches in a very specific snow streamer locale - 2009 was it?

We must have had that with an extortionate interest rate if still paying for it now .

Ah well early days atm ....???

Posted
1 minute ago, keithlucky said:

I new it upgrade to red warning for s wales

I've only remember two reds warnings for snow and one was fantastic and the other was very average.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Cars struggling up the hill now and wheel skidding! Why on earth are people still travelling - FOOLS

Unfortunately Jay, too many people - my mother included - are threatened with disciplinary action if they fail to show up at work when their workplace is open. It's outrageous, especially on a day like this. Blame the bosses.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Seasonal weather required said:

Its one of those occasions where you can look on in awe to the line of thick cloud in the distance and know that area is getting a pasting whilst nothing where you stand .

Suppose Swansea is still paying back for that NNW event that dumped a good 4 inches in a very specific snow streamer locale - 2009 was it?

We must have had that with an extortionate interest rate if still paying for it now .

I' m only hoping we were kept in the amber for a reason

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Drove to Bridgend,was starting to stick on parts of the m4..nothing heavy but enough to persuade me to turn round in the car park and come home. Caerphilly to ystrad mynach bypass was starting to turn white about an hour ago.this is going to be a good day

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Seasonal weather required said:

U under a orange warning , people need to just relax and it will happen . We have another 24+ hours to go . That sounds fantastic:yahoo::yahoo:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Cars struggling up the hill now and wheel skidding! Why on earth are people still travelling - FOOLS

I don’t believe they are travelling .

They are most likely actors that you will never see again .

There for your entertainment.

Think Truman show .

• Like 1

Posted

Can someone explain to my why met office warning sometimes mention a county but when you look at the weather for actual towns it doesn't show the warning. Today for instance Blaenau Gwent is under the red warning but when I look at the weather for Tredegar, ebbw vale, Brynmawr, abertillery etc (basically every town in Blaenau Gwent) it still shows Amber. I've noticed this previously with warnings.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Unfortunately Jay, too many people - my mother included - are threatened with disciplinary action if they fail to show up at work when their workplace is open. It's outrageous, especially on a day like this. Blame the bosses.

That's true it's the bosses.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

My young friend has not long got to work in Bristol and after me nagging her to get home (to Pontypridd), she says her boss said "nah, you'll be fine".  I told her to show him the red alert and walk out.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

This is AMAZING!

Andy - Have you got your huskies? 

yes Gracie is here at the ready:help::cold: - mind you it seemed even too cold for my Siberian husky/malamute - as she rushed out to the garden to take a leak (not the St David's Veg Type lol) - and usually likes to play me up and won't come back in - she hurtled straight back into the warm lol

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

That's true it's the bosses.

pig headed idiots some of them and always focused on THE MONEY - not their employees welfare

Posted
1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

U under a orange warning , people need to just relax and it will happen . We have another 24+ hours to go . That sounds fantastic:yahoo::yahoo:

The orange warning has been largely cut back .

Its most likely still just over swansea region to cover the fact the front will / could move marginally away from the forecast path.

If on the edge of it then you need some luck .

Much higher chance of very little on the periphery without that luck.

Though still early days ...

Posted
1 minute ago, joo said:

My young friend has not long got to work in Bristol and after me nagging her to get home (to Pontypridd), she says her boss said "nah, you'll be fine".  I told her to show him the red alert and walk out.

I'm lucky in that i work for a Uni and  they just wont take the risk of anything happening on their property. Where there's a blame there's a claim