Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Red Warning of Wind and Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Newport, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen & Vale of Glamorgan valid from 1500 Thu 01 Mar to 0200 Fri 02 Mar

Amber Warning of Wind and Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen & Vale of Glamorgan valid from 1400 Thu 01 Mar to 0800 Fri 02 Mar
  • Like 1

Posted

And yet a few hours ago it had a Westward trajectory, now casting throughout this unusual spell for us I think. It hasn’t really stopped here since about 7am, watching the wind whip it up from the ground into small tornadoes is amazing but what’s more exciting is the forecast doesn’t see the heavy stuff start until after dinner then it just doesn’t stop.If it goes to forecast it’s going to be a once in a generation storm ?❄️❄️❄️☃️⛄️☃️

• Like 1

Posted

My block driveway is empty of snow apart from in the joints.  All the snow is being swept up into little whirlwinds and blowing down the drive to pile up across the other side of the road.  The drift there is over the kerb.  

My husband's office is shutting at 10 and I can't believe how many of my friends have gone to work.  

Posted

Not a bad start to the day before the first coffee gets finished ,going to take the dog out for a walk before the blizzard gets going in the afternoon I think.

75FB006F-1A48-4D63-9B17-BC327880B451.jpeg

C94548F2-B742-49F4-9132-34071D5DF92F.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just got sent home from work in sully as the snow is coming down really heavy there, not much here in Tondu though, hope we don't stay in this lighter precip and it gets heavier later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

And so it begins. Dobby is impressed and so am I. :)

IMG_20180301_083231.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Can't deny I'm disappointed that we are not going to a blizzard here on the Pembs/Carms border after all but I am excited for all you lucky people in the south east - it does look like Andy's apocalyptic warnings were justified, and it has to be said, several days ahead of the Met Office!  Well done Andy!   Let us know when you've dug yourself out!!  It is quite amazing - and a little annoying - how the geography round here prevents snow reaching us from the east, but guarantees we get soaked with rain when the weather comes from any other direction!!!  

Think I might move to Cardiff. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
2 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Can't deny I'm disappointed that we are not going to a blizzard here on the Pembs/Carms border after all but I am excited for all you lucky people in the south east - it does look like Andy's apocalyptic warnings were justified, and it has to be said, several days ahead of the Met Office!  Well done Andy!   Let us know when you've dug yourself out!!  It is quite amazing - and a little annoying - how the geography round here prevents snow reaching us from the east, but guarantees we get soaked with rain when the weather comes from any other direction!!!  

Yeah it looks like we will miss out here too now, drying up and cloud breaking

Posted
1 minute ago, Sky Full said:

I wouldn’t write it off just yet.

Still think the west will get several hours of heavy snowfall later today! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Crickhowell just outside the Red but we could still get the same effects i reckon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Sliding eastwards is better, it gives more opportunities. But as always expect last minute changes 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

So is this the band of snow that's suppose to last all day/tonight? It looks sort of narrow for that, or is there another band of snow due to come in later?

Posted
9 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Huge flakes here, WHITEOUT!!! I need to chill out as this is in for over a day.

And stay away from the stupid south-east thread.  The great thing about this snow is there has been no change in 3 days , no wobbles or anything. Its been on the same course and now its time to enjoy it.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, DeepSnow said:

So is this the band of snow that's suppose to last all day/tonight? It looks sort of narrow for that, or is there another band of snow due to come in later?

just gonna keep going stalling - re-invigorating etc etc

• Like 1

Posted

Relax , the main band is still a long way behind this.  Look at will it rain and u will see it

Posted

The ‘proper’ fronts are due later.

Posted

well I am 5 miles from the red warning, hoping that my heavy snow percentages I had yesterday will go back up again.. ;-) so excited for everyone, hope everyone gets some.

Posted
1 minute ago, dyl232 said:

Looks like all of  north wales is missing out now ?

If u get any it will be later on friday into saturday when the fronts try to push north.

Posted

Well fair play to the MO at least in my part of the world light snow from the morning though in previous years this would be heavy I think, fingers crossed they’ve got the rest of the day nailed, did get lighter here 10 minutes ago but here we go again

Posted

It’s the area to the south of France that is interesting me

19F7813A-B929-4B00-8884-0CDF5E62E2F7.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

Still very light here but I'm checking out the window every few minutes ha. Send some down to Port Talbot and Swansea, guys!

The Met office forecast for here hasn't updated since 3am.

Edited by LJ1224
Added info