Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
5 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What's your thoughts on snow totals for us mate? I'm going for 6 inches+ obviously anymore is a bonus. Accuweather going for over a foot of snow for Cardiff and blizzards.

Tricky. Will settle instantly and probably at higher rate than normal. Cardiff being urban makes it less likely to see 20cm+ but possible.

if it goes to plan like the forecast, 10-20cm. 20cm for north Cardiff probably. More like 10 down in the city itself.

wind increasing to 50mph gusts later, incredible.

light snow starting to fall here now.

Edited by bradythemole

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

blowing snow in Rhoose, light at the moment in temp of -4c

Posted
1 minute ago, bradythemole said:

Tricky. Will settle instantly and probably at higher rate than normal. Cardiff being urban makes it less likely to see 20cm+ but possible.

if it goes to plan like the forecast, 10-20cm. 20cm for north Cardiff probably. More like 10 down in the city itself.

wind increasing to 50mph gusts later, incredible.

light snow starting to fall here now.

I'm in north Cardiff and we always get more than the city centre and other areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny summers, cold & snowy winters

Up north in Trefriw, I have two different forecasts - MetO gives me a snowflake or three this afternoon, Beeb has me buried by midnight. Battle of the higher res models?

Believe Hirlam & Arpege are good for widespread snow, Arome more south west focussed & channel run. MOGREPS?

Window it is then...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
1 minute ago, Selliso said:

Up north in Trefriw, I have two different forecasts - MetO gives me a snowflake or three this afternoon, Beeb has me buried by midnight. Battle of the higher res models?

Believe Hirlam & Arpege are good for widespread snow, Arome more south west focussed & channel run. MOGREPS?

Window it is then...

Though if you look at the Met Office video forecast it has more snow pushing west into the evening than yesterday so basically stop viewing forecasts and look at radar. 

Posted

When you really think about it this is a pretty crazy spell of weather. 

How many times have we been on here with snow coming, but perhaps it’s only marginal or just for higher ground. Or may see some snow at Lower levels.

But here we are today and this week, -4/-5c are the max temperatures across the country right now, gusts of up to 45mph and snow just starting to fall and it’s the 1st March.

i believe if the cold did extend into next week it would be a historic spell. But let’s see.

• Like 2

Posted

Odd met office data reads 90 %chance of snow from mid morning but the presenter talked of freezing rain and to me it looked further West than anything.wind is blowing outside mind you and the temp is minus 6 out of the wind so pretty Baltic ....is there any chance this will be a let down? Lots of services,flights and schools already closed for 2 days would be a a Michael Fish event all over if it didn’t I guess

Posted
31 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Can't believe people still going to work this morning, ignoring all weather warnings! I really think we'll get over 6 inches of snow here today in Cardiff and with massive drifts.

I know, my boss is insistent on us starting a job today.....changing peoples windows:wallbash::wallbash::cold:

Posted

banging it down here already and snow storm emma only just getting in - omg god - I live in a bungalow - this could go up to the windows and beyond

snow drying clothes.jpg

two feet of snow.jpg

Posted
7 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

Odd met office data reads 90 %chance of snow from mid morning but the presenter talked of freezing rain and to me it looked further West than anything.wind is blowing outside mind you and the temp is minus 6 out of the wind so pretty Baltic ....is there any chance this will be a let down? Lots of services,flights and schools already closed for 2 days would be a a Michael Fish event all over if it didn’t I guess

Nope. All looks good. Snow stops Round 5am tomorrow morning but then fires up again in the afternoon when another front pushes north

Posted

Snow blowing about like no tomorrow. So dry.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

This is only the start of it lol and its light, if this is light what's the heavy stuff going to be like. I need to grab my sledge soon in the shed wish me luck.

It will be treacherous if it goes as forecast. Hazardous conditions with visibility severely reduced. Blizzard conditions and snow blowing into drifts. Sounds like an over exaggeration but it’s really not here, in south east wales at least.

• Like 1

Posted

yes looking at the radar emma just officially started clobbering me - and it's just gonna keep going from now onwards for two three 4 days - OMG:cold::help::help::help::help::help::cold:    Basically as she hits the mountains it increases precip too - we are gonna get absolutely clobbered - the worst we've had since 1982 - this is it folks - the real thing - just what we been talking about for days and weeks - she's here - hunker down - look after your neighbours the old etc - this is gonna be bad - RED ALERT from the met office should only be a few hours away

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

yes looking at the radar emma just officially started clobbering me - and it's just gonna keep going from now onwards for two three 4 days - OMG:cold::help::help::help::help::help::cold:    Basically as she hits the mountains it increases precip too - we are gonna get absolutely clobbered - the worst we've had since 1982 - this is it folks - the real thing - just what we been talking about for days and weeks - she's here - hunker down - look after your neighbours the old etc - this is gonna be bad - RED ALERT from the met office should only be a few hours away

I'm going to walk around and see my grandparents and make sure they're alright, luckily they only live around the corner.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

When do you think we'll see snow in Port Talbot? Too scared to look at forecast in case of disappointment. Can someone post s good radar link? Enjoy the snow all :)

Posted

My school is still open today at Swansea when some others are closed. When is the snow coming for Swansea. Also, any idea of when the heavy snow is hitting Swansea because I don't fancy being stuck in school :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny summers, cold & snowy winters

Surely there will be a red warning issued this morning??

prob similar location to 2013?

42A5973A-4855-4099-B04E-5743D1CF1A40.png

03BBD1BF-63E5-4974-BD10-705AD9E7905C.png

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, LJ1224 said:

When do you think we'll see snow in Port Talbot? Too scared to look at forecast in case of disappointment. Can someone post s good radar link? Enjoy the snow all :)

www.raintoday.co.uk :)

Edited by Frozone
  • Thanks 1

Posted

WON'T BE LONG TILL I'M BURIED:cold::help::cold::help::cold::help::help::cold:

Let's see how long the power lasts - if I disappear you know my power has gone off - I'll try and get back to you as soon as I can folks but it could be a while:rofl::cold::help:

• Like 4