Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Guys remember what I said last night. Do not worry about apps. They are as useful as a choc fireguard at best. 

Look out of your window and use the radar. EVERYTHING will be snow there's nothing marginal about the parameters today tonight or tomorrow 

in fact I'm going for a March temp to be broken today in Wales. 

Brecon or Sennybridge. 

Enjoy the snow, it will be epic!!! 

• Like 3

Posted

I'm looking at the radar - surely that ppn that's currently just to the south of us at around Bristol at the moment isn't the big event? It looks as though it will have broken down by the time reaches us and will be all over by mid morning? 

Posted
Just now, jessmum said:

I'm looking at the radar - surely that ppn that's currently just to the south of us at around Bristol at the moment isn't the big event? It looks as though it will have broken down by the time reaches us and will be all over by mid morning? 

There's plenty of snow to come throughout today and tomorrow, this isn't even the main event.

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

There's plenty of snow to come throughout today and tomorrow, this isn't even the main event.

Thanks, fingers crossed than!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, jessmum said:

Thanks, fingers crossed than!

Can't believe people still going to work this morning, ignoring all weather warnings! I really think we'll get over 6 inches of snow here today in Cardiff and with massive drifts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The updated fax show quite well by 1800 the front covering a wider area spreading east towards I strongly think this is gonna be an historic event with many places including parts of London seeing 20cm + time will tell but I expect the forecasts to change as day goes on.

Screenshot_20180301-062711.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

What' the latest for it to start and disrupt trains in Cardiff guys? I was thinking from 4-5pm on they might start suffering?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Can't believe people still going to work this morning, ignoring all weather warnings! I really think we'll get over 6 inches of snow here today in Cardiff and with massive drifts.

I'm expected to travel and so is my husband who is working 3pm till midnight. Will just have to keep an eye on things.

Posted
2 minutes ago, CRACKPOT said:

What' the latest for it to start and disrupt trains in Cardiff guys? I was thinking from 4-5pm on they might start suffering?

Well, already a dusting here mate so won't take long to cause problems....

Posted
Just now, jessmum said:

I'm expected to travel and so is my husband who is working 3pm till midnight. Will just have to keep an eye on things.

Same here. Been telling people but loads of derision after yesterday being a reasonable day people don't believe the warnings.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Well, already a dusting here mate so won't take long to cause problems....

That's where I'm heading.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
2 minutes ago, CRACKPOT said:

Some arriva trains have been taken out of operation ......but might only be the long distance travel......

Posted
Just now, lindy2222 said:

Some arriva trains have been taken out of operation ......but might only be the long distance travel......

Hopefully.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Light snow in morning and early afternoon will give a covering but only slight, shouldn’t be many problems on the roads anyway. But heavy and blowing snow from 4pm onwards. Slightly later for those further west.

Posted
1 minute ago, bradythemole said:

Light snow in morning and early afternoon will give a covering but only slight, shouldn’t be many problems on the roads anyway. But heavy and blowing snow from 4pm onwards. Slightly later for those further west.

What's your thoughts on snow totals for us mate? I'm going for 6 inches+ obviously anymore is a bonus. Accuweather going for over a foot of snow for Cardiff and blizzards.

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I'd say by 3/4pm it'll be really heavy by then and trains will stop.

Planes ,Trains and Automobiles will eventually grind to a halt........................

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

What's your thoughts on snow totals for us mate? I'm going for 6 inches+ obviously anymore is a bonus. Accuweather going for over a foot of snow for Cardiff and blizzards.

Im expecting up to letterbox again..........