Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Boys this snow is not coming over

What snow do you mean? Emma or the light stuff to our east?

If Emma, then yes it is.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

What snow do you mean? Emma or the light stuff to our east?

The stuff from the east, i dont know what they were looking at but the met site is the best . We are all going to get it tomorrow, bring it on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Euro sat is bonkers, emma is moving her high cloud West to easy over the English Channel and the beast is moving east to west over roughly the same place it’s bizarre il post a link to the satellite site I use now in a minute.

Posted

Woke up as too excited, but checked my metoffice app and huge downgrades for me in Magor, only light snow throughout and only 50%, yesterday I was under heavy snow and mainly 90%. Devastated :-(. 

Posted

Yellow Warning of Wind and Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Wrexham valid from 0800 Thu 01 Mar to 2355 Thu 01 Mar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Morning guys, time for a coffee and a check on the radar.

Morning baltic here with heating on ..............and jackets....

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Morning guys, time for a coffee and a check on the radar.

it's nearly here - meto say 8am - radar says oooooooooooooh maybe about then or just before lol

mines milk two sugars please lol

although that snow storm emma is extremely slow moving to almost stalling - this is gonna be epic - she's having to fight here way into the uk - like after getting off the plane - she's having to go through customs and get strip searched - and she's gonna dump all her snowy goodness on us very very shortly - she'll stall right over us in Wales - THIS IS GONNA BE ABSOLUTELY AMAZEBALLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

Checked Met Office Heavy Snow from 1ish today ...till 6 tomorrow morn then light snow till Monday lunchtime.........

• Like 2

Posted

Nice but bitterly cold day light snow starting  around midday , Heavier snow approaching S Wales around 6pm slowly pushing north ,blizzard conditions through the night and Friday still snow continues until 3pm Friday slowly pestering out .Further snow pushing up from the south Saturday slightly warmer Saturday ENJOY!!!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Nice but bitterly cold day light snow starting  around midday , Heavier snow approaching S Wales around 6pm slowly pushing north ,blizzard conditions through the night and Friday still snow continues until 3pm Friday slowly pestering out .Further snow pushing up from the south Saturday slightly warmer Saturday ENJOY!!!

cold is gonna continue though into next week - this is just gonna go on and on

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

SE thread are saying it's not going to plan? Wtf are they on about.

ignore the idiots - we are fine here - there plans are devious - and rumble around the tears for fears song - everybody wants to rule the world - crazy bunch of nut jobs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!
1 minute ago, keithlucky said:

That's what i believe Keith - nothing major going to happen until around 6pm. As was said yesterday, when we get fronts coming up from the south they really can go wrong with a change of wind direction - and there is still plenty of time for this to happen. Especially as it's not going too far north - it won;t take a lot to deflect major stuff away.

Hopefully it will go as planned and mega snow fall ensues - got to go and gear my self up for a 25 minute walk to the train station - early start as I am not staying past 1pm today - just in case :)

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

SE thread are saying it's not going to plan? Wtf are they on about.

The SE lot will be picking up the dregs that will be on the easterly periphery of our storm - yes, 'our' storm - ;)

For Wales and our long suffering 'south west' friends it is currently 'going to our plan' !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

ignore the idiots - we are fine here - there plans are devious - and rumble around the tears for fears song - everybody wants to rule the world - crazy bunch of nut jobs

Lol Andy that's brutal some of the most knoledgeble posters are on there. All they mean and I agree is the front has behaved differently over France to the forecasts with things been further east meaning as well as the west the more central and some eastern areas will get in the action don't worry nobody wants to steal your snow the front is that long all can get in on it 

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Lol Andy that's brutal some of the most knoledgeble posters are on there. All they mean and I agree is the front has behaved differently over France to the forecasts with things been further east meaning as well as the west the more central and some eastern areas will get in the action don't worry nobody wants to steal your snow the front is that long all can get in on it 

Agree - some very knowledgeable posters on there - quite a few who are not! If we could all get in on it then fab.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Morning. Temp holding at -6C with a biting easterly wind and a few flurries

Posted
7 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

I haven't been in the MAD thread for weeks as I do my own analysis - I know Steve Murr & John Holmes and some of the other knowlegdable guys aren't nut jobs - they use intelligent reasoning etc - but it gets so heated in there and everyone's got an extreme opinion etc - mind you it can get a bit confusing here too - cause it's like Chinese whispers - one says oh no things aren't going right and then everyone else joins in - you gotta understand what the charts are showing and read between the lines on them - understand the history of how the weather plays out in different scenarios etc - and I do have every respect for every one elses opinion etc - but sometimes I despair with the "sheep" or trolls who just either follow aimlessly cause they don't know what they are talking about or the trolls are there just to wind people up

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

All good this morning, especiallly for east and south east too. If anything , slight upgrades in precipitation again. 

Only slight difference perhaps is the heavier stuff delayed until perhaps later in the evening than was modelled last night. Not much difference though.

Posted

I kept waking all night wanting to look out the window.  I resisted.

The wind was very strong and blustery and that's before Emma's arrival. 

I can see blustery flakes on my hedgehog camera (I don't want to get up yet)