Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
13 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

The GFS and Hirlam have moved it slightly east. Reports on model thread suggest GFS is already wrong with wind direction at T3 over SE. Looks to me like there are 2 waves. Tomorrow avo and overnight then Friday afternoon onwards. Best not correct east. Want westward correction so we all get in on the proper action

If it's slightly east then perhaps we could get some of the stronger snow that is planned for Ireland. Its a win win .

• Like 1

Posted

Emma's outer bands now approaching the Channel coast of Northern France. Fascinating to watch it spilling northwards on the radar.

Really, we're incredibly lucky to be witnessing this. It's rare event. How often do the stars align completely in our favour in sending a major named storm on a collision course with an unusually cold block over the UK? I can recall many events where fronts approaching from the southwest have bumped into cold air over us but nothing with this complexity or intensity.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Incredible conditions. Can’t remember cold like this myself but only young. And I mean depth of cold combined with wind chill not longetivity. Yes 2010 was spectacular but never seen -6c at 11pm in Cardiff with 35-40mph gusts too. Absolutely bitter. Dew points so low, everything just dry and frozen. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

It feels like the night before Christmas as a child. When you still believed in Father Christmas and you were excited,  but also nervous incase you were on the naughty list and he didn't come. :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Just taken the dogs out and that windchill is something else, must b - high double digits wind chill

Edited by freeze for all
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Clair_Witch said:

It feels like the night before Christmas as a child. When you still believed in Father Christmas and you were excited,  but also nervous incase you were on the naughty list and he didn't come. :rofl:

Wait wait wait, are u saying hes not real:santa-emoji::santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

It was - 5.1 in Cardiff at 10pm, will be interesting to see how much further the temperature has dropped and how low it goes. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

BBC app saying heavy snow and the met office saying dry in Swansea tomorrow wow ? 

Posted
50 minutes ago, Loadsa2000 said:

it is just checked flood warn site and it should arrive here 12 ish

yes  - a band of showers and perhaps an hours continuous light snow between 1 and 2am

Its the band near Oxford right now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow thunder

just a dusting up in north east and Meto showing dry until w/end, however I would have thought some red warnings would have come into effect for the low temps across various areas in uk not just snow? amazes me how anyone could survive sleeping rough in these temperatures? 

Posted
42 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Emma's outer bands now approaching the Channel coast of Northern France. Fascinating to watch it spilling northwards on the radar.

Really, we're incredibly lucky to be witnessing this. It's rare event. How often do the stars align completely in our favour in sending a major named storm on a collision course with an unusually cold block over the UK? I can recall many events where fronts approaching from the southwest have bumped into cold air over us but nothing with this complexity or intensity.

and two earthquakes in the UK - Wales & Cumbria today - just waiting for the plague of locusts and the river taff going all red - WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny summers, cold & snowy winters

You don’t see that very often! Thursday looking wild...

5DA40958-D3E9-4599-A24E-436D7D8BA7CA.png

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, andymusic said:

and two earthquakes in the UK - Wales & Cumbria today - just waiting for the plague of locusts and the river taff going all red - WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

And we'll really be in a pickle when the Bwlch starts spewing lava.

Really, I think this could end up as the most severe snowstorm in Southeast Wales since 1982. I don't think level depths will be as great as that event but with a howling bitter wind whipping up drifts we really will be in for a treat.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 4

Posted

Updated Euro4 precipitation for 9pm tomorrow. Let’s hope it’s really underplaying precipitation. Great for me in Cardiff and the south east no doubt. But would be a disappointment for down west. Can’t see this happening though. 

72E94DB5-7E24-4659-9DA0-F7997290D0E3.gif

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Updated Euro4 precipitation for 9pm tomorrow. Let’s hope it’s really underplaying precipitation. Great for me in Cardiff and the south east no doubt. But would be a disappointment for down west. Can’t see this happening though. 

72E94DB5-7E24-4659-9DA0-F7997290D0E3.gif

Is that 3cm accumulated?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Is that 3cm accumulated?

No, 3mm of precipitation for the 3 hour period.

i think it accumulates approx 20mm in our area. Much more on higher ground. 

10-20cm for Cardiff I reckon (potentially more depending on Friday) with bigger drifts. 

Edited by bradythemole
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Have you seen how much snow is hitting the English Channel right now what an absolute waste of snow. I’m off to Cyprus on Wednesday roll on .....

Posted

Specks of light snow now breaking out over South Wales associated with that band of patchy precipitation moving in from the east.