Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Moderate/heavy snow here again, just keeps coming!

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Have a look at the latest fax charts when the front goes north on friday , not even a snow shield will stop it.

We can but hope. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Yep another brief heavy shower but it looks like it might be it

Posted

Baby steps but we are not a million miles away from retaining the cold / colder conditions Saturday - Sunday .

Is the cold fighting back .......

Another shower in Swansea ,looks magical.

First proper snow viewed under the modern LED street lighting .

Its clearer but not as good as the traditional orange glow .

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

Latest news24 forecast looked a little underwhelming. Looked too far west giving Ireland a pasting

But met office forecast has updated and looks awesome. Got to go with the met over BBC surely

Posted
Just now, Seasonal weather required said:

Baby steps but we are not a million miles away from retaining the cold / colder conditions Saturday - Sunday .

Is the cold fighting back .......

Another shower in Swansea ,looks magical.

First proper snow viewed under the modern LED street lighting .

Its clearer but not as good as the traditional orange glow .

I think so, i said to my girl who lives in crewe last night that the cold is putting up a fight and might still be around after the weekend but she said she seen the bbc forecast and it said 7c before the weekend is out , so we got a bet on it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Went for a run (stupid) muscles cramped (idiot). Cawl ready to eat. Off to book club then. Brisk walk. Beer. Then hunker down for tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

BBC national weather...unbelievable.we could have the same accumulations in parts in Scotland but they skipped Thursday almost and went to Friday ??

Posted

Expect a lot more snow across Wales than forecasted,Never go on Precipitation charts ,Warm air meeting cold air is perfect for loads of snow ,Also remember Powdery snow accumulates a lot faster than wet snow.I expect at least 6inches in Swansea with big drifts in a gusty wind

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
Just now, KidCarm said:

BBC are still plastering the whole of Wales with snow, i'm confuzzled.  Whatever will be will be.

They said on itv no one in wales will miss out on the snow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Ecm is honestly incredible can’t believe it. -10c 850’s coming back. Never warms up!!! What a turnaround if it happens

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

BBC national looked like snow starts around 15:00pm. Through the night. Break early Friday morning but then peps up again 

And notice the ecm Cold Air GoingNowere More snow on its way.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

For those getting hung up on BBC weather charts and forecasts, don't bother with them. Apps are rubbish too. 

Keep up to date on the Met Office page and app to give you alerts when warnings are updated and changed.

lastly don't forget to watch Carol in the morning, firstly because she is awesome and secondly she's live so if there are any changes you'll know about them. 

Remember too, the BEST tool is the radar. EVERYTHING that falls will be snow! 

Enjoy. Stay safe, it's going to be epic. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
27 minutes ago, snefnug said:

When I try to access weather map and warnings on Meto, it says that they have pulled the map pages because of high usage.   Am just trying to find where, on a proper map, the amorphous amber blob covers, as they no longer bother to put counties on, just ‘big’ places.  Can anyone help?  I am Glyn Ceiriog, which Meto persist in thinking is in Llangollen (4miles  away. over a girt steep,set of hills).  

Keep refreshing. It shows you eventually. ?

23 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

I must admit, this isn’t a ramp (yet) but for the Cardiff area, it’s one of the best Euro4 runs I’ve seen. Non stop snow from tomorrow morning. Heavy tomorrow evening. This would be so cruel if it went sour from here.

i think Euro4 perhaps underestimating snow out west still. Either way don’t forget, anything that falls will stick and accumulate fast. 

I was just looking at the net weather forecast for us. The precipitation is up a lot. Torrential snow for Cardiff between 9pm and midnight tomorrow. Let's hope it stays like that. 

Posted

Has anyone seen the new ECW charts, there could be another twist in the will it stay cold or get milder . They look very good at keeping us cold. Have a look.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

Has anyone seen the new ECW charts, there could be another twist in the will it stay cold or get milder . They look very good at keeping us cold. Have a look.

Sensational run, however, likely to be a major outlier within the EPS but definitely something to watch.  

Posted
1 minute ago, MattTarrant said:

Sensational run, however, likely to be a major outlier within the EPS but definitely something to watch.  

Its amazing because its only 3 days away and it keeps changing , im not sure the EPS matters that much that close . This Lovely Emma could be about to give us coldies another present.:D

Posted

Omg that was a scarey journey home! Heavy blowing snow and roads that don't appear to be gritted!  Just managed to catch Derek Brockway saying heads of the valleys area could have over a foot! Don't think I'll be travelling far tomorrow. Currently -7c here ❄️❄️❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
Just now, PompeyFC said:

Deteks forecast looked like there is to be more snow Friday rather than Thursday evening. Not what met office says

Snow either way!