Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter

-2.4 max temp today light snow all morning, then some very hefty showers this afternoon adding to cover 8cm yesterday 2cm overnight and now another 5cm. Temp now (17:48) -6 degrees. We shall see what happens tomorrow and Friday but if I have a choice which I don't I would prefer the major snow to stay south with the mild warm air. But we will get what we will get here in Blaenau Ffestiniog. :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter
Just now, Missdolly said:

Everything covered here now in Merthyr , showers getting heavier ! I'm not sure what dept it will be yet we shall see ?

I think you mean depth! :cc_confused:

Posted
41 minutes ago, swales said:

I've been trying to stay positive but all the high res models show it. Met Office graphics show it (though their automated forecast does show snow now)...

BBC website graphics even show it! I find it quite hilarious but I'm going to be disappointed at the same time

Snow shielda.PNG

Can someone please find out where Carmarthenshire Council keep this switch to turn off the Snow shield for tomorrow,

20A-on-off-switch.thumb.jpg.aacff70dff03d81edc47d19674f9e8f5.jpg

Posted
7 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

I work outside and it was the coldest day I have in30yrs with the wind chill effect about-10.

I've heard it called a "lazy" wind - it's so named because instead of blowing around you it blows right through.

Posted
47 minutes ago, swales said:

I've been trying to stay positive but all the high res models show it. Met Office graphics show it (though their automated forecast does show snow now)...

BBC website graphics even show it! I find it quite hilarious but I'm going to be disappointed at the same time

Snow shielda.PNG

Just to "confirm" the above:

6.thumb.gif.02e11e3ecb3b03d6517a12d39175

Posted
10 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Metoffice now have my location with no snow from 3am Friday morning to 15:00pm Friday afternoon, was snow all the way through 

BBC have snow all the way through - who to believe

Met Office all day every day and even on a sunday.  Since they got booted out of the bbc they seem to have gone on the offensive with given out the weather forecast and that.

Posted
14 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

I work outside and it was the coldest day I have in30yrs with the wind chill effect about-10.

My poor feet in my wellies were frozen :cold:

Posted

Llantrisant 3 miles down the road east, snow all the way through. Doubt I'll have 12 hours of no snow just 3 miles further west lol. Pencoed where met office uses 2 miles west of me so should be fine ha ha

Posted
5 minutes ago, Buzz said:

Just to "confirm" the above:

6.thumb.gif.02e11e3ecb3b03d6517a12d39175

The problem with those charts is that u dont know whats happening between those 6 hours.  They are the best charts though.

Posted
3 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Llantrisant 3 miles down the road east, snow all the way through. Doubt I'll have 12 hours of no snow just 3 miles further west lol. Pencoed where met office uses 2 miles west of me so should be fine ha ha

Look at the Euro charts , they agree with the Met Office.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

Just looked outside and theres a blizzard :yahoo:

Same here -4 and two snow days from work! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

When I try to access weather map and warnings on Meto, it says that they have pulled the map pages because of high usage.   Am just trying to find where, on a proper map, the amorphous amber blob covers, as they no longer bother to put counties on, just ‘big’ places.  Can anyone help?  I am Glyn Ceiriog, which Meto persist in thinking is in Llangollen (4miles  away. over a girt steep,set of hills).  

Posted

My hairdresser wanted to change my appointment to tomorrow at 4pm as I was his only client for the day.  Haha, no chance, I said and so he had to cycle down to Whitchurch from Ponty and back again just for me.  He was muttering and mumbling about how this country can't cope with a bit of snow and it's not going to come to anything.  I tried to tell him it could be serious but he wouldn't listen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Just said on itv news wouldn't b surprised if it's upgraded to red in the morning for central and east wales

Posted
2 minutes ago, snefnug said:

When I try to access weather map and warnings on Meto, it says that they have pulled the map pages because of high usage.   Am just trying to find where, on a proper map, the amorphous amber blob covers, as they no longer bother to put counties on, just ‘big’ places.  Can anyone help?  I am Glyn Ceiriog, which Meto persist in thinking is in Llangollen (4miles  away. over a girt steep,set of hills).  

I have the same problem , they have messed around with the site.

Posted
9 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

The problem with those charts is that u dont know whats happening between those 6 hours.  They are the best charts though.

If you step through the sequence you can unfortunately see that it stays like that:

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=6&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=

Edited by Buzz

Posted

Yay! Just heard the Cardiff school I work in is closed tomorrow! :yahoo: 

A huge relief, I must admit.. the thought of trying to get in in the morning from here was giving me serious anxiety!

I got home at about 4.30, a thin powdery coat of snow already down on pavements and roofs.. took the dogs for their walk up onto the mountain, and oh my it was bitingly cold :shok: can't even begin to imagine what the wind chill factor was up there.. needless to say, our walk wasn't as long as usual, as the dogs were looking miserable and practically asking to go home!  

I've opened the wine in celebration of the snowday and am preparing to watch events unfold with barely contained excitement.. it feels like Christmas!! :drunk-emoji:

Posted
1 minute ago, Buzz said:

Have a look at the latest fax charts when the front goes north on friday , not even a snow shield will stop it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

I must admit, this isn’t a ramp (yet) but for the Cardiff area, it’s one of the best Euro4 runs I’ve seen. Non stop snow from tomorrow morning. Heavy tomorrow evening. This would be so cruel if it went sour from here.

i think Euro4 perhaps underestimating snow out west still. Either way don’t forget, anything that falls will stick and accumulate fast. 

• Like 1