Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
8 minutes ago, Buzz said:

Speaking purely from an IMBY point of view, in terms of snow this looks like being a relative non-event for Carmarthenshire, Swansea, etc. I base this on having looked at a hell of a lot of charts and projections today. I just don't feel that's it's going to be anything dramatic or exciting on the snow side. Very worryingly freezing rain looks like being a potential problem on Friday and, let's be honest, what sane person wants to see freezing rain? I've experienced it - it makes all roads and pavements extremely dangerous and readily brings down power and phone lines.

My son when he was little played ice hockey (and did until he retired last year both professionally and semi) he had a great time skating on the pavements, it was quite funny as there was a row of parked cars obscuring the view of people walking the other side of the road. They could hardly walk and there was him up and down the street like a lunatic with a hockey stick and a pr of gloves. It was even funnier when it started to thaw and he hit a patch of concrete. I know bad father laughing but didn't after I had to have his skates reground 

Posted
35 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

That beefy snow shower looks like it has swansea right in its path. Fun rush hour!

Heavy snow in north east Swansea now.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

I think need to relax a little out west. Looks better so far this evening than before. Not the 30cm in other places but still a decent covering. Pembs May actually be worst hit out west. See if Euro4 improves for the folk out west!

Look at the fax charts for all the ones over in the west of the country , it looks like u will get some of them . I cant believe u will totally miss out, perhaps not the massive amount but i think u will get some plus they wouldn't put u under a orange warning without u seeing any thing . 

Edited by snowy36

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What time is the snow starting tomorrow mate?

For us in the east, light snow looks likely quite early in the day but main heavy snow from around 4pm I reckon. Then as we go into evening everyone looks to join in on the snow. Potential for freezing rain early hours of Friday before cold air comes south again. 

Precipitation really looks heavy in east and 45 mph winds. Could be severe

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very heavy snow here

Posted

Got about 2 cm in under 10 min

• Like 3

Posted

Well, after a maximum of -1.0 C today the temp in my neck of the woods is already down to -2.5 C

The cold certainly came to pass here, shame about the lack of snow (and lack of potential too bearing in mind my earlier post).

Posted
On 27/02/2018 at 10:58, Jayfromcardiff said:

Could do. I would say amber warnings to be issued today for the snow end of the week. Surely it's near enough certain?

Posted

Still going, everything  covered 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
5 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Got about 2 cm in under 10 min

What a shower!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

For us in the east, light snow looks likely quite early in the day but main heavy snow from around 4pm I reckon. Then as we go into evening everyone looks to join in on the snow. Potential for freezing rain early hours of Friday before cold air comes south again. 

Precipitation really looks heavy in east and 45 mph winds. Could be severe

I do not think freezing rain will be an issue in the South East 

Posted
Just now, snowy36 said:

How much is everyone expecting !!!! I'm in the valleys and if i get 10cm i'd be happy.

I'm expecting at least double that, just up the road from you.

Posted

Yay snowing in Llanelli, don't think i've ever seen this powdery type snow before sticking straight away.  Roads and other surfaced all turning white now.. I better make the most of this snow, prob be the most i see.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Still going, everything  covered 

Can you save some for us snow-starved Carmarthenshire folks please? Some of us are in the firing line after you've had your fill. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I think here in Tondu and Bridgend area we should get up to 10cm tomorrow/Friday, so further north and east I would expect you to get somewhat more than that, or am I being too hopeful? 

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted
34 minutes ago, swales said:

I've been trying to stay positive but all the high res models show it. Met Office graphics show it (though their automated forecast does show snow now)...

BBC website graphics even show it! I find it quite hilarious but I'm going to be disappointed at the same time

Snow shielda.PNG

That is hideous .

I hope I never have to see such a ridiculous chart ever again .

But imagine how the Llandoverians are feeling ?

If I was a llandoverian I would be absolutely furious .

That dry curve all around them .

Do we have any furious Llanoverrians in here ?

Edited by Seasonal weather required
Foolishly said Llandrindod instead of Llandovery
  • Like 2

Posted

Exceptional blizzards here this late afternoon,nearly caught red handed in one in the field,well I did gales east severe blizzards/drifting blinded.:shok: snow blowing off the fields into a mass of ice clouds.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

I think here in Tondu and Bridgend area we should get up to 10cm tomorrow/Friday, so further north and east I would expect you to get somewhat more than that, or am I being too hopeful? 

I've a good feeling about this one. I'll go 20, 25-30 for north of Cardiff.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

I'm a groundsman in a uni and i've been doing it for 20 years and today must have been the coldest day in that time. 

I work outside and it was the coldest day I have in30yrs with the wind chill effect about-10.

• Like 2

Posted

Metoffice now have my location with no snow from 3am Friday morning to 15:00pm Friday afternoon, was snow all the way through 

BBC have snow all the way through - who to believe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
2 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Metoffice now have my location with no snow from 3am Friday morning to 15:00pm Friday afternoon, was snow all the way through 

BBC have snow all the way through - who to believe

Weird they have snow from 8am tomorrow for me through to Friday night! Just had some more snow from the edge of a passing shower!