Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
13 minutes ago, andymusic said:

just a wobble - don't worry 

edit - it's snowing

This is what I feared May happen please don't be surprised if it misses us completely!

Edited by bartlett high

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
6 hours ago, CRACKPOT said:

Never - do they get filled daily - I didn't know that......

I don't need anything but thanks for the advice.

well, you were the one who started with the sarky comments, i just thought i'd keep it ticking along, matey boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

GFS with its best run in a while. Heavy precip for everyone tomorrow eve.

• Like 3

Posted

Agreed @bradythemole, the 12Z is a last minute upgrade and I'm interested to see a secondary low forming to our southwest come Saturday.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted

Eagerly awaiting metoffice text forecast. And also the shower due to hit Cardiff hopefully. Watch it go too far north now! Big shower for caerphilly comig

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
11 minutes ago, benytezz said:

well, you were the one who started with the sarky comments, i just thought i'd keep it ticking along, matey boy

....and where were my 'sarcastic' comments 'matey boy' !!?? Please enlighten me because if you look back my post was meant as humorous as in they were empty yesterday but you are the one who decided to be sarcastic. So please leave it at that - was your misinterpretation in the first place.

Edited by CRACKPOT

Posted

Think this shower going to miss. One going to the south of me (Barry) and one going to north. (Ystrad mynych)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

wind has just picked up a lot in the last hour on the coast in Rhoose, temp already down to -1 ..tomorrow and Friday are looking brutal in terms of windchill and snow fall ..nothing marginal here folks !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds

GUYS, STOP OVERREACTING TO ONE MODEL RUN!! ICON HAS CONSTANTLY BEING UNDERPLAYING PRECIPITATION (NOT 100% RULING OUT BUT VERY UNLIKELY!)

ARPEGE, EURO4, GFS & HIRLAM GOOD, ALONG WITH MET OFFICE GRAPHICS. 

• Like 2

Posted

Think this shower going to miss. One going to the south of me (Barry) and one going to north. (Ystrad mynych)

Posted

What the ffff hell - the precip shifts west and STILL that dry patch  persists in the same damn area .

Somebody up there in model land is absolutely adamant that Swansea will remain green .

The front moves east - then west then south then north , it moves up down sideways / diagonal ways , spins around , hops on one leg and  it even moves like the lifts in willy wonkas chocolate factory yet the dry patch doesn’t budge one bluddy bit.

It’s so dry I think maybe this year I may cultivate some fine Swansea wine — those  Tawe grapes grow in very arid climate dont you know .

I expect a disappointing 2-3 inches ( disappointing in the context of the fever pitch build up ) yet so long as I can make my daughters first snowman that will suffice .

Still time for a further shift east or west or north or south or left or right etc .

Posted
2 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

What the ffff hell - the precip shifts west and STILL that dry patch  persists in the same damn area .

Somebody up there in model land is absolutely adamant that Swansea will remain green .

The front moves east - then west then south then north , it moves up down sideways / diagonal ways , spins around , hops on one leg and  it even moves like the lifts in willy wonkas chocolate factory yet the dry patch doesn’t budge one bluddy bit.

It’s so dry I think maybe this year I may cultivate some fine Swansea wine — those  Tawe grapes grow in very arid climate dont you know .

I expect a disappointing 2-3 inches ( disappointing in the context of the fever pitch build up ) yet so long as I can make my daughters first snowman that will suffice .

Still time for a further shift east or west or north or south or left or right etc .

Lol! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Hope we get something good out of this shower coming over from Cardiff/Newport - appears to have a weak patch just in the area heading for my location though, typical haha. Currently -1.0C though so definitely bitter out there. All the matrix signs along the M4 warning of Adverse Weather, unfortunately I will have to travel to Sully/Barry to work tomorrow regardless of the weather, just hope come 8pm I will be able to get back to Bridgend! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Hope we get something good out of this shower coming over from Cardiff/Newport - appears to have a weak patch just in the area heading for my location though, typical haha. Currently -1.0C though so definitely bitter out there. All the matrix signs along the M4 warning of Adverse Weather, unfortunately I will have to travel to Sully/Barry to work tomorrow regardless of the weather, just hope come 8pm I will be able to get back to Bridgend! 

not a chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

15:00 MetO forecast still going with Amber and heavy snow tomorrow for bulk of Mid to S Wales

• Like 1