Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
4 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Friday shows whole of south wales being pasted royally ha ha 

Possible to upload link when available?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Blimey that’s a bit of a wipeout going on outside my window, from blue sky to complete whiteout in a minute!

Posted

Strangely if you watch the metoffice forecast on their site it does not show as much snow throughout Thursday as the BBC one just did.

Posted

No no no too late now , models consistently showing a West Wales dry patch so that is what we will get.

Im not having it now as this has been consistently modelled .

As it is going to be dry and very green, I am hosting a fancy dress spring tea party .

Dress code is a mixture of St Davids day and Alice in wonderland .

The gazebo is going up later this afternoon and that is that .

Fully expecting Andy to turn up as a mad hatter although as he is East Wales then he will be under 50cm of snow so probably won’t be able to make ( Andy it’s ok - I understand ).

Obviously this party will only be for folk from the dry patch ,as no one else will be able to travel through 50 cm of snow .

I will be eating my dry bobble hat at the party as it will be completely dry in the dry patch .

There will also be no drink at the dry party , where everything will be just dry dry flipping  dry.

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Strangely if you watch the metoffice forecast on their site it does not show as much snow throughout Thursday as the BBC one just did.

It shows fairly similar , but looked later for main snow, around 5pm into Cardiff for instance.

That was also made this morning and other model runs will have been looked at since.

If we get similar between Met O and Meteogroup  (BBC) then that is good, but expects some slight differences.

Weather warnings will give best idea of upgrades or downgrades

Posted

Something else of note: the temperatures. -6Cs and -5Cs throughout tomorrow meaning that a) the snow will be fine and will blow into drifts thanks to gusts approaching 50 mph and b) March daytime maxima records could surely be broken.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Cardiff Bute park 2pm. -0.1c temperature with a -13c dewpoint!! Real cold and dry air. Wind picking up quite a bit too. Some showers incoming.

Posted

Just to add, I feel like a fairly small area will see the greatest depths between tomorrow morning and Saturday, roughly the areas within the red line. 25-30 cm widespread, but likely more.

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 14.29.28.jpg

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

Just to add, I feel like a fairly small area will see the greatest depths between tomorrow morning and Saturday, roughly the areas within the red line. 25-30 cm widespread, but very likely more.

Agree. This the sweet spot, maybe a little further east too. If there will be a red warning, it will be here. Similar to 2013 area.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
1 minute ago, bradythemole said:

Agree. This the sweet spot, maybe a little further east too. If there will be a red warning, it will be here. Similar to 2013 area.

Excellent.  I'm in the middle in Brynmawr. I hope everyone gets snow though.  

Posted

Snow showers and mini blizzard earlier drifting off grass even.

Yes its drifting as the bitter east wind has picked up.:cold: feeling extremely cold.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
9 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Cool. Im in the middle of that area. Ish. Hope everyone sees snow though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
14 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Just to add, I feel like a fairly small area will see the greatest depths between tomorrow morning and Saturday, roughly the areas within the red line. 25-30 cm widespread, but likely more.

:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
11 minutes ago, Jayne aka Pembsgal said:

I don't want it to be dry I really really REALLY want to be snowed in on Friday!!!

Sadly our snow's all been snatched by Southern Ireland.....

image.thumb.png.a17aa11e47c49d85276f40f14853ef0c.png

Unless the storm decides to relocate further east by tomorrow, we are going to be dry!   After all the build up and anticipation that will be a great big let-down.   Still good for Cardiff and Newport by the looks of it though...   Good luck to everyone in the east.....

Posted

I really am hoping for a slight eastwards correction for Emma, for all our sakes.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Sadly our snow's all been snatched by Southern Ireland.....

image.thumb.png.a17aa11e47c49d85276f40f14853ef0c.png

Unless the storm decides to relocate further east by tomorrow, we are going to be dry!   After all the build up and anticipation that will be a great big let-down.   Still good for Cardiff and Newport by the looks of it though...   Good luck to everyone in the east.....

The 12z is  worse again for everyone from the Icon. Just trickling out now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Thursdays snowfall may be shifted west a bit towards Ireland but Fridays looks to hit South Wales bang on 

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1

Posted

For those worried about snow in west, here is the Met office forecast for tomorrow and Friday, similar to the BBC but some subtle changes and maybe not quite as good for the areas in depth, plus more about freezing rain Friday

• Like 1