Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Lovely crisp winters morning here; clear blue skies tinged with a few pink contrails; no wind, hard frost.  Sun has just risen.  No sign of snow here but I can see the snow clouds on the far eastern horizon - send some my way for later please!!   Hope everyone gets a decent covering by tomorrow night but Cardiff / Newport and the valleys looks like the sweet spot ATM.

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

just got stuck - couldn't get cars out for 3 weeks - and had to sledge the xmas dinner in from the main road - with my dad - who god bless his soul died last year in September from motor neurone disease and I said my last goodbyes to him at his funeral in October - a great bluebirds fan and he loved his football too - I love you dad RIP

RIP Andy’s dad .

I’m sure he would be happy that Cardiff should wupp Swansea’s bottom in the snow depth game .

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, andymusic said:

just got stuck - couldn't get cars out for 3 weeks - and had to sledge the xmas dinner in from the main road - with my dad - who god bless his soul died last year in September from motor neurone disease and I said my last goodbyes to him at his funeral in October - a great bluebirds fan and he loved his football too - I love you dad RIP

Hope Cardiff get promoted for him mate.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Same here even moderate at times mate.

Bristol channel lake effect snow machine for the day? :D

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, RhysWales said:

Little confused. Light snow that's settling ever so gently, but radar looks clear

nope rada is full of light snow

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted

Snowing in Tredegar, coming down heavier than I would expect from looking at the radar. Currently -6c (might be a tad colder but my thermometer isn't in the best place). Nice drive this morning....Treforest first, then on to Newport, gonna be fun in this weather.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Hope Cardiff get promoted for him mate.

too right - my brother is a big part of the stadium down there too, he works there and has lots of responsibility for tickets etc Christopher martin - he just put a plaque on the memory wall for dad - which I've gotta go and see - dad would watch one match or three in one day on the tv then listen on radio wales or another radio station at the same time to more footy and then be reading about it in a newspaper - he loved his footy, I bet they'll be letting him watch as much footy as he wants now up in heaven - I hope so anyway - he's always in my thoughts now - he was a rock and steady man - 40 years a bricklayer - and then a taxi driver cause the winters got too bad for him before he finally earned his retirement - but this bloody disease just took all his dignity - luckily god took him away from us before he ended up in a wheel chair with no movement at all sucking all his meals up through a straw

Edit - snowing really heavily now

sorry to be so depressive about my dad - but I loved him - and my mam is taking it bad too - only man she loved for 52 years - the song "Dance with my father again" Luther Vandross is very appropriate - just sends me over the edge - sorry folks i'll try not to mention it again - and get back to the weather - which is what we are here for

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Lake effect streamer of the Bristol Channel it’s coming a bit heavier here now in loughor Swansea 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Weather warning for yesterday and saw 1 shower, no weather warning today and been snowing longer than yesterday already lol. The weather makes fools of these forecasters at times lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
4 minutes ago, andymusic said:

too right - my brother is a big part of the stadium down there too, he works there and has lots of responsibility for tickets etc Christopher martin - he just put a plaque on the memory wall for dad - which I've gotta go and see - dad would watch one match or three in one day on the tv then listen on radio wales or another radio station at the same time to more footy and then be reading about it in a newspaper - he loved his footy, I bet they'll be letting him watch as much footy as he wants now up in heaven - I hope so anyway - he's always in my thoughts now - he was a rock and steady man - 40 years a bricklayer - and then a taxi driver cause the winters got too bad for him before he finally earned his retirement - but this bloody disease just took all his dignity - luckily god took him away from us before he ended up in a wheel chair with no movement at all sucking all his meals up through a straw

Edit - snowing really heavily now

sorry to be so depressive about my dad - but I loved him - and my mam is taking it bad too - only man she loved for 52 years - the song "Dance with my father again" Luther Vandross is very appropriate - just sends me over the edge - sorry folks i'll try not to mention it again - and get back to the weather - which is what we are here for

It is so difficult to lose a parent, Andy. So please don't apologise for being upset or talking about him. I don't believe it's something we ever really get over. We just learn to cope better with each day that passes by.

My dad died in 2012 and last February we lost my Mum suddently too.

I like to think they're up there watching down on us and never far away.

PS That Luther song kills me too and also Supermarket Flowers, Ed Sheeran.

Right, 1 more sleep until Snowmageddon. :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Well this is unexpected. Nice light but steady snow since 7am. More expected this afternoon. Then tomorrow...

• Like 1

Posted

weirdly snow we are getting ain't on euro4

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 We 28.02.2018 06 GMT

midday today

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 We 28.02.2018 12 GMT

6pm tonight

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 We 28.02.2018 18 GMT

midnight tonight

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Th 01.03.2018 00 GMT

6am tomorrow morning

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Th 01.03.2018 06 GMT

midday tomorrow and snowy storm emma arrives - I het it when i'm proved right

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Th 01.03.2018 12 GMT

6pm tomorrow and st david's day snow storm 2018 snow storm emma just tears through wales and dumps all her snowy goodness on us

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Th 01.03.2018 18 GMT

MIDNIGHT TOMORROW - OMG OMG OMG - :help::help::help::cold::cold::cold::help:

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Fr 02.03.2018 00 GMT

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted

this chart is ridiculous - euro4 under does the possibilities - so if that's under doing what we are gonna get - OMG OMG - we are gonne be digging out for days/a week

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

think we could be looking at red warnings later today going on those charts that @andymusic just posted.

And dont apologise for speaking so highly about your dad butty, we all need to release now and again

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

this chart is ridiculous - euro4 under does the possibilities - so if that's under doing what we are gonna get - OMG OMG - we are gonne be digging out for days/a week

Is it likely to miss us all down the western side then?? ?

Posted

Snowing in merthyr too , kids are supposed to be going to st fagons with the school today ?!

This wasn't forecast for today was it ?