Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Judging by these charts Derek likes to tweet, I can see his forecast looking drastically different tomorrow for the west of wales and also the metoffice amber warning shifted to the east of Wales.  As long as we get a good covering here in the West i'll be happy,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
2 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

Derek just tweeted this .....thing of beauty

DXE1rIEXkAMszY-.jpeg

Looks very nice (especially for me!) but probably unlikely as 18z shows system moving further west so precipitation less intense but only time will tell!

Posted
5 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

Derek just tweeted this .....thing of beauty

DXE1rIEXkAMszY-.jpeg

Beat me to it. It's quite annoying how Newport is always under a 'blank' graphic on that though- we're a snow shield! All signals point to even lower land in the east doing great, fingers crossed. Get the feeling further west the less cold interlude will hopefully not present too much of a problem!

Posted
2 minutes ago, bartlett high said:

Looks very nice (especially for me!) but probably unlikely as 18z shows system moving further west so precipitation less intense but only time will tell!

Arpege is a much higher resolution short range model, and should be valued a lot more at this range than the GFS imo. Maybe that's a bit of IMBY yard syndrome though.

• Like 1

Posted

Kinda dreading the morning now GFS set on ruining my plans. Met office still showing heavy snow in the Valleys Thursday through Friday but going to great lengths to explain things can change.We’ll see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
16 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Yes the 18z. Moves the low further west so less precip. Arpege and Hirlam still look fab though 

Fair enough. Personally thought it was better than the last run for precip on Thursday night. Friday afternoon it has less precip but more initially. Thursday night looks main event. 

Let’s see what the 00z brings. Hirlam and arpege still great and higher res.

Posted

Here it comes from the Euro4! Look at precip to the south moving north. Looking forward for that to come into range. 

2D44D750-7EB3-4B1E-A5C8-61CF8F6977E1.gif

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

That's brilliant, at least we can rely on that model..... Or can we?

No model can be trusted ?? just got to wait for tomorrow and hope the good output continues. Massive day tomorrow! We will have good idea this time tomorrow about Thursday and Friday. Hopefully will also see some more showers during day tomorrow too as the sun gets going.

Edited by bradythemole
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, RhysWales said:

Beat me to it. It's quite annoying how Newport is always under a 'blank' graphic on that though- we're a snow shield! All signals point to even lower land in the east doing great, fingers crossed. Get the feeling further west the less cold interlude will hopefully not present too much of a problem!

Don't worry its just the way the image is pixalated those snow depths will reach the coast. Just a poor resolution image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Looking at the charts I must say there seems to be a very dry area around Swansea and could end up being a very easterly event with just a few flurries here let’s hope it’s wrong !

Posted

A lovely picture on good morning Britain of the beast arriving in London, those clouds ,wow!    Think we should call it dangerous David as it's coming tomorrow! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, whiskers said:

A lovely picture on good morning Britain of the beast arriving in London, those clouds ,wow!    Think we should call it dangerous David as it's coming tomorrow! 

Snowing here too now, bitterly cold.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm hoping as I work in a school,that today the council may make the decision to close schools on Friday,fingers crossed,what time does the met office update their warnings? 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, whiskers said:

I'm hoping as I work in a school,that today the council may make the decision to close schools on Friday,fingers crossed,what time does the met office update their warnings? 

I agree, they should just close now. They're quite unpredictable as they can update anytime but I'd guess late morning.

Latest charts look amazing for us all!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I agree, they should just close now. They're quite unpredictable as they can update anytime but I'd guess late morning.

Latest charts look amazing for us all!

I reckon Thurs/Friday is looking great for you guys in South Wales and for many of us over this side of the bridge too. A potentially very severe 48 hours of weather that may be talked about for many years to come. Fingers crossed. Enjoy!

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, John88B said:

I reckon Thurs/Friday is looking great for you guys in South Wales and for many of us over this side of the bridge too. A potentially very severe 48 hours of weather that may be talked about for many years to come. Fingers crossed. Enjoy!

Could have a red warning for the valleys tomorrow I think.

• Like 2