A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

First snow for this little man :yahoo:Strumble Head lighthouse ... :cold:

DFD4E4AB-3877-45A8-8BA8-607AE4D0E06E.jpeg

0862BAFB-496F-4CC0-A79D-5648DE7EB97B.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!

Jay was just going to ask when the amber warnings were going to come out my guess was at some point today .......I would be surprised if they didn't upgrade to red by Wednesday afternoon ....must be waiting for the exact track of low so they include as many areas as they can from the off. I remember we had a red warning in Jan 2013 and totals were not forecast to be as bad as this storms going to bring ...this is much more potent if the track is right valleys etc will be closed until Monday 

Edited by goosey007

Posted
1 minute ago, goosey007 said:

Jay was just going to ask when the amber warnings were going to come out my guess was at some point today .......I would be surprised if they didn't upgrade to red by Wednesday afternoon ....must be waiting the the exact track of low so they include as many areas as they can come the off. I remember we had a red warning in Jan 2013 and totals were not forecast to be as bad as the storms going to bring ...this is much more potent if the track is right valleys etc will be closed until Monday 

I agree, it's less than 2 days away now surely they have a 80% confidence?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I agree, it's less than 2 days away now surely they have a 80% confidence?

Yes it's definately going to snow it's just a case of who has it most and for how long 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

Jay was just going to ask when the amber warnings were going to come out my guess was at some point today .......I would be surprised if they didn't upgrade to red by Wednesday afternoon ....must be waiting for the exact track of low so they include as many areas as they can from the off. I remember we had a red warning in Jan 2013 and totals were not forecast to be as bad as this storms going to bring ...this is much more potent if the track is right valleys etc will be closed until Monday 

I wouldn't be so sure about expecting to see red warnings issued. When we got the 40cm+ dumping of snow in March 2013 we "only" had Amber warnings.

Posted
1 minute ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

I wouldn't be so sure about expecting to see red warnings issued. When we got the 40cm+ dumping of snow in March 2013 we "only" had Amber warnings.

Yes that shows the unpredictabilty of snow fall totals even at really short range ......we had red covering us in south East wales Inc Newport but ended up with 10-15cm tops ...not really red ...sure valleys had upwards of 20cm to 25cm also covered by red warnings. Your totals more qualified for a red warning I would suggest, so overall warnings are only a guide to potential totals, especially with this storm as it could be on off for several days so who knows how high it can get !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
10 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Guarenteed Amber tomorrow for sure for thurs Fri 

I just watched the met office video and they said potential for heavy snow and drifting but still a lot of uncertainty regarding it and how heavy the precipitation will b

Posted
11 minutes ago, dyl232 said:

Is the snow event this thurs/fri likely to cover most of wales? Or which way is it going? 

It's all very uncertain right now, any affected areas may just have rain (or, worse still, freezing rain). Those on higher ground may do better. Keep watching this forum, that's the best advice - even on Thursday and Friday things could still be fairly uncertain so it will be a "nowcast" event.

Today I've managed to see a few bits of dandruff floating in the wind and the temp is now about -0.5 C

Posted

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Tu 27.02.2018 12 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Tu 27.02.2018 18 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 We 28.02.2018 00 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 We 28.02.2018 06 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 We 28.02.2018 12 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 We 28.02.2018 18 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Th 01.03.2018 00 GMT

and in this last one take a look down to the right and below Wales - THERE's STORM EMMA about to wipe out WALES with her BLIZZARD

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Th 01.03.2018 06 GMT

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Sky as blue as periwinkles now and sun glinting off the snow. Still,perishingly cold, but a dry cold, bit like the alps.  Well, The valley is known as Little Switzerland. ? 

CDC5A057-78C6-4567-9AC5-2CFECA09D555.jpeg

CEAD7F64-3F14-4121-94D7-5F5B65A59513.jpeg

Edited by snefnug
  • Like 3

Posted
47 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

no heads of valleys had a red warning in 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
2 minutes ago, wrexham1 said:

but not for N wales, where, i thought it was going to be the heaviest

You North walians can cope better with the snow than us cos we ain't used to it only heavy cold rain Lol. All jokes aside still time to change warnings so just keep an eye on it

Posted

Bingo Jay amber out .....Reds to go out tomorrow I reckon 

Posted

Amber Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Powys, Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan, Denbighshire, Wrexham, Pembrokeshire & Gwynedd valid from 1400 Thu 01 Mar to 0800 Fri 02 Mar

Yellow Warning of Wind and Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan, Denbighshire, Wrexham & Flintshire valid from 0900 Thu 01 Mar to 2355 Thu 01 Mar
Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

Can I please just go to sleep until Thursday? This is like Christmas. I'm so excited and so frustrated at the same time and I CAN'T WAIT. Torture...

• Like 1