Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 minute ago, LJ1224 said:

Showers must have missed us in Port Talbot and gone straight to Swansea. Can't even see any on the hills on the way up to Cwmafan. 

light dusting we had it here too

Posted

BBC Wales showing drizzle and sleet Saturday and Sunday but they were very slow to get on board with whats coming around the corner so I'll await another upgrade

Andy the alarms set for 2pm on Thursday I'll be very upset if we haven't had anything by 14.10   :0)

PS my daughters friend sent a photo of her local Tesco in Cardiff completely devoid of bread and milk yesterday lol - hope everyones got their supplies- don't forget to have a full tank of petrol =if your unfortunate enough to be out on Thursday / Fri aswel

Posted

It's snowing here at the moment.....very very fine stuff though, had to stare long and hard at my wheelie bin (something dark) to spot it lol

Posted

I'd look at the metoffice forecast rather than bbc as it incorporates MOGreps which is a very good Hi Res model. Wouldnt trust bbc as far as I could throw it

Posted

Am I missing something but I can’t see what time the warnings have been published on the met office site. They used to show it and it’s obviously useful to see if you are looking at an updated warning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

Met office have updated again and now it's showing no snow at all (in Port Talbot):sorry:I've got to stop looking!

Posted

Not that I wish downgrades for anyone but having spent so much time on the mod threads lately the only region not mentioned at all in the build up ie Wales and the West now, to me at least,looks like being in the sweet spot for the up-coming weekends events - how ironic - not for the first time this year either when the last snow we had was a Midlands and North event before the Southern drift took it right over the Valleys.  British by birth Welsh by the grace of God lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, Styx said:

Constitution Hill, Swansea? 

No, that looks like its in Manselton, Swansea at the junction between Manor Road and Walter St.

WelshSnowFan

• Like 1

Posted

'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad

I DO NOT LIKE THE METO  FORECAST

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

A continuing risk of snow and gales Thursday and Friday, especially in the northeast. Southwest will see the risk of freezing rain Friday, however Saturday will be drier for most.

Updated: 01:49 on Tue 27 Feb 2018 GMT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

ITS OFFICIAL - snow now falling here.  It's was very light but getting heavier as I write.  Perhaps we will get a covering out of this.  :yahoo:

Is this the supporting act before the main event on Thursday?  Wales to be pasted White by Saturday?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

ITS OFFICIAL - snow now falling here.  It's was very light but getting heavier as I write.  Perhaps we will get a covering out of this.  :yahoo:

Is this the supporting act before the main event on Thursday?  Wales to be pasted White by Saturday?

yep

Posted
3 minutes ago, pyrotech said:

'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad

I DO NOT LIKE THE METO  FORECAST

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

A continuing risk of snow and gales Thursday and Friday, especially in the northeast. Southwest will see the risk of freezing rain Friday, however Saturday will be drier for most.

Updated: 01:49 on Tue 27 Feb 2018 GMT

That's not what the graphics suggest?

image.thumb.png.36ab475e1dd053f54aaec5a385143143.png

Meanwhile back at home

image.thumb.png.32003b21314f27643790038118f1edd2.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

it's prudent to prep for the worst, cos if the worst does happen, you'll be stranded, maybe for days, or a week even, with no food or other essentials, like beer. :D

trudging through shoulder deep snow with 2  slabs in your arms is no joke, let me tell you

seriously though, have you ever seen such an up and down event as this? one minute, snowmageddon, next drizzletown

Posted
21 hours ago, Summerstorm said:

Already got some flakes here :D Lots of showers around already more than what was forecast maybe?

quite heavy here in Wrexham atm. pavements and side roads few cm's.  starting to stick on main routes too now

Posted
9 hours ago, andymusic said:

where you getting winds from the north from? - easterlies all the way till the weekend snowyowl9 - all our uppers weather coming from Siberia - ECM tonight - cold fairly constant without any let up up to 8th March - GFS - gonna be an interesting weekend - snow could be constant from Thursday through to sunday - mind blowing

Very light Nly now just as this system comes in,expect the easterly back later.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Powdery snow currently and pretty calm at -2.6c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
2 minutes ago, georgiedre said:

IMG_20180227_080250.jpg

IMG_20180227_080246.jpg

and that's just for starters

• Like 2

Posted

It's looking serious indeed up here in the central Valleys, with snow falling uninterrupted between early Thursday morning and Sunday lunchtime*, much of it heavy and coupled with sub-zero temperatures and winds gusting close to 50 mph.

* Not set in stone of course as the output is mostly computer generated, but the signal has been there for days for heavy, prolonged and drifting snow.

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 08.49.43.jpg

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
24 minutes ago, benytezz said:

it's prudent to prep for the worst, cos if the worst does happen, you'll be stranded, maybe for days, or a week even, with no food or other essentials, like beer. :D

trudging through shoulder deep snow with 2  slabs in your arms is no joke, let me tell you

seriously though, have you ever seen such an up and down event as this? one minute, snowmageddon, next drizzletown

Because they dont know........Snow hard to predict.......DEREK SAYS....