Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
12 minutes ago, WINTRY WALES said:

Ironically i am due to travel to France Saturday from Luton.....skiing!! How ironic if I can’t becaise of the snow ? anyone know how I stand if flights cannot take off etc??? What’s the latest charts like for Saturday from South Wales over to Luton way guys??

not good

Posted

Met office warning has been extended into Saturday. Think I can knock my trip to London on Friday on the head! Woke up to a covering of snow this morning ☺️❄️

Posted

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Wrexham valid from 0005 Fri 02 Mar to 1200 Sat 03 Mar

Yellow Warning of Wind and Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan, Conwy & Gwynedd valid from 1400 Thu 01 Mar to 2355 Thu 01 Mar

OMG OMG OMG BLIZZARDS - :cold::cold::help::help::help::cold::cold:
Edited by andymusic
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Great to hear from all you guys with snow already - that's seems earlier than originally forecast?  Nothing here yet but according to the charts we'll get ours later.... :).   Had to keep the heating on all last night - outside temperature this morning at 6.00am was -3.2c - I can't remember seeing that before.  I hope the car will start - it's a bit reluctant when the temperature is 0c so I might have to plead with it today!   It's very cloudy today so maybe some white stuff will arrive here later on.  The apps I use all disagree with each other about the next few days - according to which one you look at we can expect:. a) no snow;   b) light snow;.  c) moderate snow;.  d). heavy snow (this is the right one, yes?);. ice and rain (what's that?);. And finally, just rain.  I can only hope that we get a proper dumping on at least one day this week so I can take some photos.  A blizzard would be very nice, thanks Derek!  

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Bafan said:

Met office warning has been extended into Saturday. Think I can knock my trip to London on Friday on the head! Woke up to a covering of snow this morning ☺️❄️

OMG - not the M4 to London and in a blizzard!  Probably best if you set out tomorrow and stay a few extra days - don't use that road in heavy snow.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Wrexham valid from 0005 Fri 02 Mar to 1200 Sat 03 Mar

Yellow Warning of Wind and Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan, Conwy & Gwynedd valid from 1400 Thu 01 Mar to 2355 Thu 01 Mar

Would this be that 3 piece steak meal thing you mentioned by any chance ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny summers, cold & snowy winters

I know the major excitement is for Thursday and Friday - but there's a nice covering in Trefriw this morning - round 1" with temperature of -3. Lovely powdery stuff it is too.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Sky Full said:

OMG - not the M4 to London and in a blizzard!  Probably best if you set out tomorrow and stay a few extra days - don't use that road in heavy snow.

It's a meeting for work. Was intending on catching the train but means me driving from Tredegar at 5am on Friday to get to Newport station.  I won't be chancing it if it's to nasty out there. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

Would this be that 3 piece steak meal thing you mentioned by any chance ?

I should co co lol

Posted
13 minutes ago, andymusic said:

I hope you realise how much we all rely on you to get the most grounded and sensible forecasts, Andy?  Nobody does it better!  Keep up he good work and you will be rewarded with a blizzard but snow will only get up to the window sills - you will still be able to see out!  I managed to get snow shovel from Wickes yesterday and a couple of battery operated lanterns - well, you can't take any chances, right?  

Just looked out the window and the sky is on fire suddenly - must go and take a picture!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Look at the moisture that snow is picking up over the Irish Sea. Some eastern parts of Ireland could get a few hours of heavy snow

Posted
2 minutes ago, WINTRY WALES said:

Nothing here in south east wales....seems the showers are missing us today

I'm south east Wales and I've got a covering, nothing particularly substantial but very pretty (admittedly got a lot more altitude then you but I'm not that far away)

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, WINTRY WALES said:

Nothing here in south east wales....seems the showers are missing us today

We've had some snow here,some powdery lying snow,nothing that's going to do anything but still snow! It's -4.5 here now 

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, andymusic said:

RIGHT NOW - red sky in the MORNING - SHEPHERD's WARNING

The shepherds around here are all properly panicking, I can tell you! 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, whiskers said:

So guys lets have a run down of what's happening today....plz ....Andy?

more general snow showers will continue through the rest of today into tonight and then tomoz - BIG EVENT STARTS at 14.00 HOURS THURSDAY to SUNDAY - BLIZZARD CITY for Wales

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, andymusic said:

more general snow showers will continue through the rest of today into tonight and then tomoz - BIG EVENT STARTS at 14.00 HOURS THURSDAY to SUNDAY - BLIZZARD CITY for Wales

Thanks Andy..... Wise words from the band Europe.....it's the final countdown!!!!'nm

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Expect Thursday/fridays snow to get upgraded soon to an amber warning 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.
12 minutes ago, Styx said:

Constitution Hill, Swansea? 

Showers must have missed us in Port Talbot and gone straight to Swansea. Can't even see any on the hills on the way up to Cwmafan. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

I'm not buying into Thursday to Saturday mega blizzards event until We're upgraded to Amber warning. Scotland were given an Amber yesterday for Thursday for 5-15cm so y r we still on yellow if it' 20-40cm