Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers
4 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Calm down, calm down....No need to shout - we're all in the same room!  :laugh:

Can't believe Cardiff is off the warning though - this morning it was looking to get more snow than almost anywhere else.  Where's it all going???   Maybe Cardigan? :yahoo:

The weather warning for snow was always likely to be touch and go for Cardiff. Still look to be in the sweet spot for the end of the week - hope it firms up as we get closer. There's been plenty of shevents in the last few years and we are due a big one!

Edited by ourson
  • Like 1

Posted

OK - IT's SNOWING here now too - not much very light - but it's SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold: - and this'll just buid and build now to our BLIZZARD come THURSDAY NIGHT

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
9 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Calm down, calm down....No need to shout - we're all in the same room!  :laugh:

Can't believe Cardiff is off the warning though - this morning it was looking to get more snow than almost anywhere else.  Where's it all going???   Maybe Cardigan? :yahoo:

I think half of Cardiff is still covered by the warning. Just watching BBC Wales weather forecast and Derek sounds quite concerned about the end if the week. Very unlike Derek. :)

• Like 1

Posted

He did mention may turn to rain in the south Friday. All depends on the low pressure. Fax chart Wednesday evening will give a good idea as will Thursday AM ECM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

well, if this DOESN'T come off, all the cry wolf papers and tv weather forecasters need to take a hard look at themselves

when they put a  genuine warning out in future, people will just say 'yeah yeah, remember march 2018?'

Posted
7 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

He did mention may turn to rain in the south Friday. All depends on the low pressure. Fax chart Wednesday evening will give a good idea as will Thursday AM ECM

Just watched and also watched BBC Points West- Ian Ferguson (stuck with English news down by me!) His graphics showed snow all the way through. Haven't had the chance to look at things in depth, but reading between the lines things seem a bit more south now, so wouldn't be surprised with all snow all across Wales. 

In other news, I've booked Friday off work, so that means we'll probably have naff all now. Didn't think how I'd get home Thursday mind! 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Does anyone know if swansea (gorseinon) will see any snow .  Hi all . 

Lots Thursday and Friday. Very possibly a bit tomorrow but nowhere near as heavy as the end of the week.

Posted
9 minutes ago, RhysWales said:

Just watched and also watched BBC Points West- Ian Ferguson (stuck with English news down by me!) His graphics showed snow all the way through. Haven't had the chance to look at things in depth, but reading between the lines things seem a bit more south now, so wouldn't be surprised with all snow all across Wales. 

In other news, I've booked Friday off work, so that means we'll probably have naff all now. Didn't think how I'd get home Thursday mind! 

Tredegar Arms it is the Rhys ??

Posted

I have to say that that was perhaps my favourite Derek broadcast ever, my dream forecast, and something I never thought I'd see/hear: him pointing to a picture of the 1982 event and saying "... and we could be seeing scenes like this later in the week."

And all this from a man who has never been prone to ramping.

:yahoo:

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Rararamp team blizzard! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

I keep checking the forecast and going from crippling disappointment back to stupidly excited hour to hour! :cold:

Posted
8 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

Tredegar Arms it is the Rhys ??

A perfect front row seat to watch people try to make it around the mini-roundabout while sipping down a nice warm pint of Cwrw!

Posted

Anybody know about a fire over the Gower way?

Someone told me there is a big fire over there whilst I was out walking the dogs and I could smell burning in the air.

Posted
2 minutes ago, KidCarm said:

Anybody know about a fire over the Gower way?

Someone told me there is a big fire over there whilst I was out walking the dogs and I could smell burning in the air.

somebody trying to keep warm maybe lol

Posted
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

somebody trying to keep warm maybe lol

They better stick more wood and paper on before the beast blows it out, day after tomorrow style.

Posted

Dry east winds have made grass dry and so grass fires have started today, Blackening our hills and killing wildlife, i suspect that is what the fire/smoke is, hopefully a bit of snow overnight and tomorrow will stop that happening. Still looks good Thursday and Friday

Posted
33 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

I have to say that that was perhaps my favourite Derek broadcast ever, my dream forecast, and something I never thought I'd see/hear: him pointing to a picture of the 1982 event and saying "... and we could be seeing scenes like this later in the week."

And all this from a man who has never been prone to ramping.

:yahoo:

I rewound the whole forecast and recorded it. It's so rare to hear Derek mention blizzards. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, LJ1224 said:

I keep checking the forecast and going from crippling disappointment back to stupidly excited hour to hour! :cold:

Ha Ha. The roller-coaster that comes with chasing snow in our climate. 

Posted

I've got a spare loaf of bread for sale and a pint of milk if anyone wants it - reasonable deal - £90 or VERY nearest offer (I understand the shelves might be empty in the shops):rofl::wallbash::wallbash::rofl::cold:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Clair_Witch said:

I rewound the whole forecast and recorded it. It's so rare to hear Derek mention blizzards. :rofl:

might try and download that one lol

Posted

Just a clear up about yellow warning for tomorrow

That warning is just where snow may be enough to cause some minor issues, its not suggesting Cardiff for instance, will not see any snow. They currently see it as lighter in cardiff.

We have warnings when rain is heavy enough to cause issues, but that does not mean others will not get rain