Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

That's not Wales and still a day after the 25th but still not snowmageddon ??

Posted
41 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

That's not Wales and still a day after the 25th but still not snowmageddon ??

but I told you the reversal of the weather would happen on the 20th which it did - and then the slow burn has happened to get us here - the snow is literally a stones throw away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Nice to see more showers heading towards us, hopefully we can get some penetrate far enough to get some flurries. Also nice to see the models still in disarray and showing things potentially going back in our favour, may it continue over the next 24-48hours and become something seen across the board! 

Had a balmy high of 3.6C today, madness! back down to 1.6C now and dropping. Had my big fur lined coat on today in the wind. 

Posted
50 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Some models trending the cold back southwards again? 

The General consensus seems that we swing between very cold to cold until at least March 12 th at least ,the omega block is a stubborn beast.

Posted
3 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

The General consensus seems that we swing between very cold to cold until at least March 12 th at least ,the omega block is a stubborn beast.

i'd say at least the middle of march this could take to clear and maybe longer - possibly 2010esq

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Those showers just don't seem to have the legs to reach Cardiff at the moment. They seem to break up over the Bristol Channel, the clouds are definitely thickening up though, so hopefully they may pep up a little later.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

I've been checking in on this forum religiously since last week as well as checking the weather about 1000 times a day. Thought I'd come and say hello rather than lurking. I'm 28 and have always lived on the coast (Milford Haven) and now I live in Port Talbot so I've never seen much snow. This is driving me mad now! I want it to happen so much, I want real snow! Not sure how we'll fair in Port Talbot with snow but I'm keeping everything possible crossed. 

Oh, and hello everyone :) 

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, LJ1224 said:

I've been checking in on this forum religiously since last week as well as checking the weather about 1000 times a day. Thought I'd come and say hello rather than lurking. I'm 28 and have always lived on the coast (Milford Haven) and now I live in Port Talbot so I've never seen much snow. This is driving me mad now! I want it to happen so much, I want real snow! Not sure how we'll fair in Port Talbot with snow but I'm keeping everything possible crossed. 

Hello there and welcome to the forum. :) I think we're all desperate for some snow. Cardiff here and not seen a decent snowfall since 2010.

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, andymusic said:

but I told you the reversal of the weather would happen on the 20th which it did - and then the slow burn has happened to get us here - the snow is literally a stones throw away

U said blizzards on the 25th and that didn' happen, we all knew the weather was changing due to the ssw

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, LJ1224 said:

Hello and welcome ! Yes that's what we all want to , so fingers crossed for the next few days ! It's looking good .

• Like 1

Posted

Cardiff has been removed from tomorrow's Met Office weather warning. Warnings still in place for Thursday and Friday though.

Posted
2 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

U said blizzards on the 25th and that didn' happen, we all knew the weather was changing due to the ssw

I said the weather would reverse on the 20th and change to an easterly which it did - there was then some added info which jo from America kicked in - the sun mysteriously woke up and hit off a few spots - before and after that it's been dead - and we are likely now over the coming decades to see more harsh freezing cold winters because if the sun ain't active we are gonna get colder - and he tweeted that because the sun had fired off one or two spots of life then it had pushed back by a couple of days the severe weather that was about to hit us - BUT - AS I CLEARLY SAID AND WHAT THE 50p WAS ALL ABOUT - THE EASTERLY DIRECTION OF WINDS STARTED ON THE 20TH OF FEBRUARY

Posted

AMAZING amount of snow showers now on the radar and if they have the legs and I think they do for tonight - we shall get them shortly

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Clair_Witch said:

Cardiff has been removed from tomorrow's Met Office weather warning. Warnings still in place for Thursday and Friday though.

Cardiff is on the very edge of the warning area so not out of the picture yet.

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

I said the weather would reverse on the 20th and change to an easterly which it did - there was then some added info which jo from America kicked in - the sun mysteriously woke up and hit off a few spots - before and after that it's been dead - and we are likely now over the coming decades to see more harsh freezing cold winters because if the sun ain't active we are gonna get colder - and he tweeted that because the sun had fired off one or two spots of life then it had pushed back by a couple of days the severe weather that was about to hit us - BUT - AS I CLEARLY SAID AND WHAT THE 50p WAS ALL ABOUT - THE EASTERLY DIRECTION OF WINDS STARTED ON THE 20TH OF FEBRUARY

There u go, I said that chart will never verify for the 25th and u said let's have 50p on it. Nothing about the pattern cos we all knew it was changing. Send it down first class stamp m8 I want it b4 the Thurs and fri blizzards ???

Screenshot_20180226-173122.png

Posted
22 hours ago, keithlucky said:

Country File update Heavy snow teachings S Wales 3pm Thursday moving North, only turning to rain down the south coast of the UK GAME ON.

Go on storm emma (Portuguese met named it)look like a stalling front thursday Friday with warm air forced over the top  heavy precipitation.is  certain.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
13 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

why don't you just go find the post lol that will resolve it

Posted
2 minutes ago, djwayne said:

Cardiff is on the very edge of the warning area so not out of the picture yet.

I'm just out of it. 

Screenshot_20180226-173507.png

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

It's weird I'm in pentwyn but the warning covers me lol.

Further inland than me.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Clair_Witch said:

I'm just out of it. 

Screenshot_20180226-173507.png

stupid warning - they should have included it - that won't be the case come the day - no way

Posted

The warnings aren't gospel and I wasn't really expecting much during the week. It's towards the end of the week i think we really could strike it lucky. :)