Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

I was never expecting much from tomorrow's warning and tbh I was thinking it was a waste of time for putting a warning up for the South. But Thurs to Fri could b the main course for us and please please please don't let it b another damp squib 

Posted
Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales      -  NO CHANGE - WHO SAYS THERE's ANY CHANGE?????????

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan, Wrexham & Isle of Anglesey valid from 0005 Tue 27 Feb to 2355 Tue 27 Feb
Edited by andymusic

Posted

Amber warning been put out for Ne Scotland for Thursday but no upgrade from yellow for us so maybe not as much of an issue for disruption as they were expecting ???

Posted
3 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

What Derek has posted is what I alluded to earlier today,.models show mid wales taking the hit with the south missing out on the main front.  May get some showers

Funny that main man at the met said heavy snow from Dorset northwards another another attack and blizzard Sunday we could see then very cold being replaced with cold air so possibility of sleet on back edge.but that far away.Expect warning to be upgraded Wednesday to red with blizzard conditions as winds increase to 30mph.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

First 12z model run - Icon, low further south. Milder air never makes it to Wales so stays cold but also this means the bulk of precipitation also doesn’t make it as far north. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

I am rapidly going off this weather watching lark.  The best easterly sourced frigid air for perhaps 20 years or more and every time I look at the forecasts now it's turning more and more to rain here.  I can't believe it.    Who's stolen all my snow?   If we don't get a good few inches of snow by the weekend I am writing a letter of complaint to the MetOffice - I want a good reason why they can't spare me a few hours of snow which lies around for a few days, not just a few hours.  I pay my taxes and I want more than just rain, thank you very much. :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Sky Full said:

I am rapidly going off this weather watching lark.  The best easterly sourced frigid air for perhaps 20 years or more and every time I look at the forecasts now it's turning more and more to rain here.  I can't believe it.    Who's stolen all my snow?   If we don't get a good few inches of snow by the weekend I am writing a letter of complaint to the MetOffice - I want a good reason why they can't spare me a few hours of snow which lies around for a few days, not just a few hours.  I pay my taxes and I want more than just rain, thank you very much. :nonono:

met office = messengers - write a complaint to GOD or MOTHER NATURE - better still email it

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Funny that main man at the met said heavy snow from Dorset northwards another another attack and blizzard Sunday we could see then very cold being replaced with cold air so possibility of sleet on back edge.but that far away.Expect warning to be upgraded Wednesday to red with blizzard conditions as winds increase to 30mph.

Was talking about tomorrow - not Thursday / Friday main action dude which is where I can see as big dumping

Posted

Not gonna be a problem anyway - we will have a blizzard starting late Thursday going into Friday and then Saturday - before that - tonight/tomorrow we will get the start of this event - so why everyone's moaning and complaining I've no idea - it hasn't started yet - I told you all this was a slow burner - building up to something immense - so let it do it's work - and you will get what you are looking for if you'll JUST BE PATIENT

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 4

Posted

This just in from UKMO model ???

DCE0E8FB-AA5B-4EBB-82D6-ED2CCFA5B61F.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

good news for some of us this..could lead to lower levels seeing snowfall

Posted

When looking at this blizzard, we obviously do not want the mild air to make it as far north as wales. But at same time we don’t want the low to far to our south because although we would then stay cold, we would lose most of the precipitation. 

Posted

Best synoptic s for years since 1991 and some people are still moaning  .Concerning  tomorrow still looking at a spell of snow between 10 am and 12am.

Posted
2 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

When looking at this blizzard, we obviously do not want the mild air to make it as far north as wales. But at same time we don’t want the low to far to our south because although we would then stay cold, we would lose most of the precipitation. 

Listening to the met they seem pretty worried and confident of this blizzard taking before it moves away westwards.

Posted

I am certainly not moaning and not sure others are, I am just commenting on what the models and/or weather forecasts are currently showing, these situations are always fluid hence why I do not ramp excessively or say we won't get anything - it will be somewhere in the middle - I am 100% sure that all will see snow over the next 5 days, how much just cannot be predicted. 

Posted

If this came off, nation would literally be at a standstill end of the week. I know it’s the GEM but crazy chart. Ukmo good too, GFS better than last few runs. 

Lets see what ECM does

B9407938-DAE7-449B-9BB7-1BE4C05007BB.png

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, PompeyFC said:

I am certainly not moaning and not sure others are, I am just commenting on what the models and/or weather forecasts are currently showing, these situations are always fluid hence why I do not ramp excessively or say we won't get anything - it will be somewhere in the middle - I am 100% sure that all will see snow over the next 5 days, how much just cannot be predicted. 

I'm predicting shed loads - and that's NOT A RAMP - and I'm prepared to put my money where my mouth is and raise my bet toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - £1 lol:rofl::rofl::cold::cold:

Posted
1 minute ago, bradythemole said:

If this came off, nation would literally be at a standstill end of the week. I know it’s the GEM but crazy chart. Ukmo good too, GFS better than last few runs. 

Lets see what ECM does

B9407938-DAE7-449B-9BB7-1BE4C05007BB.png

Yes 1982 lol.

Posted

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Wrexham valid from 0005 Fri 02 Mar to 1800 Fri 02 Mar

a conservative warning that one - but way ahead of the day too - I'm willing to bet that'll be extended way into Saturday as well
Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted

ICON and GFS have corrected slightly south by the looks of things, do not want it too far south but a slight southerly correction would be better to keep the milder air if you can call it that out of the mix

I quite like the UKMO aswell - one of my fave models.  The fax charts I always think are the best model as it also takes in some human input which adds in some experience based on how previous similar weather synoptics behave, something you cannot necessarily program into a supercomputer..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Some models trending the cold back southwards again? 

Posted
7 minutes ago, andymusic said:

I'm predicting shed loads - and that's NOT A RAMP - and I'm prepared to put my money where my mouth is and raise my bet toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - £1 lol:rofl::rofl::cold::cold:

I'm still waiting for my 50p I've got a list on wot I'm going to spend it on, it is now the 26th a day after ur snowmageddon chart and still no snow ???

Edited by freeze for all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
1 minute ago, freeze for all said:

I'm still waiting for my 50p I've got a list on wot I'm going to spend it on, it is now the 26th a day after ur snowmageddon chart and still no snow ???

Londons got snow ....bless them........