Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

An admittedly poor 00Z with the worst of the snow going through Ireland and the Irish Sea, leaving a six hour spell of moderate snow over Wales followed by a thaw from the south.

Still, perhaps the 06Z will be an improvement.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
1 hour ago, Jackfrost said:

An admittedly poor 00Z with the worst of the snow going through Ireland and the Irish Sea, leaving a six hour spell of moderate snow over Wales followed by a thaw from the south.

Still, perhaps the 06Z will be an improvement.

Thankfully there are still big differences between the modelling of the low so hopefully come the day it will go more South and East in our favour. Meto forecast still gives me 24hrs of snow/heavy snow which would be nice to see!

• Like 1

Posted

don't think any of the models got a complete handle on this - but latest overnight beeb forecasts suggest still it's coming straight at us and with the depth of cold already modelled will mean lots and lots of snow and blizzard conditions

Edited by andymusic

Posted
19 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Thankfully there are still big differences between the modelling of the low so hopefully come the day it will go more South and East in our favour. Meto forecast still gives me 24hrs of snow/heavy snow which would be nice to see!

Agreed. The GFS is highly rated, and rightly so, but anybody placing all of their eggs in one particular basket is not going to get the best informed view of what's going on. Let's see what this morning's outputs, updates, forecasts and tweets bring. As things stand, like Andy said, all sources (except for the GFS) are still going for a major event on Thu-Fri.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Agreed. The GFS is highly rated, and rightly so, but anybody placing all of their eggs in one particular basket is not going to get the best informed view of what's going on. Let's see what this morning's outputs, updates, forecasts and tweets bring. As things stand, like Andy said, all sources (except for the GFS) are still going for a major event on Thu-Fri.

first flakes of snow will be announced in Wales very shortly today - it's coming

• Like 1

Posted

Everything crossed,good luck everyone,hope you get to use your gas fire Andy! 

It's  now -3 here let the fun begin!! ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Posted

“ epic “ cold spell .

No I don’t think so .

This is becoming a cold snap with a wet fart slush fest blizzardy slizard followed as ever as always no matter how “ charts never seen before “ etc etc in the mad thread , yes followed by rain .

A few very cold days then what should be the grand finale is turning into squibious dampus .

This ( the wet fart blizzard ) was supposed to be the one time where everyone witnessed a major event - coast huggers and those of altitude all as one for a change .

Yet again if you have 2-300 metres + you should be ok ,otherwise yes there will be snow but it will be quickly washed away before you can enjoy it the next day .

Im now hoping for some easterly scraps before the wet fart blizzard laughs at me .

Cold spell , epic , PFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Posted
9 minutes ago, whiskers said:

Everything crossed,good luck everyone,hope you get to use your gas fire Andy! 

It's  now -3 here let the fun begin!! ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

I don't wanna use it - the two gas cookers would you believe are flipping camping gas cookers - with butane gas canisters - just about good enough for a saucepan with soup or beans in lol - and the heater is a fishing heater with gas canisters 28 of them from amazon (4 hours heating from each canister) - so they better get there skates on by today early tomorrow to get that too - it's only in dire emergencies if the flipping power goes, we got lots of candles too - but i'm prepared for just about anything now and hunkered down - even cancelled the decorators for tomorrow too - we were about to give the whole bungalow a complete makeover - but that'll have to wait until mother nature has finished with trying to bury us under this snow storm - don't wanna start something and be left with a mess and the house in an unlivable condition lol

Edited by andymusic

Posted
3 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

“ epic “ cold spell .

No I don’t think so .

This is becoming a cold snap with a wet fart slush fest blizzardy slizard followed as ever as always no matter how “ charts never seen before “ etc etc in the mad thread , yes followed by rain .

A few very cold days then what should be the grand finale is turning into squibious dampus .

This ( the wet fart blizzard ) was supposed to be the one time where everyone witnessed a major event - coast huggers and those of altitude all as one for a change .

Yet again if you have 2-300 metres + you should be ok ,otherwise yes there will be snow but it will be quickly washed away before you can enjoy it the next day .

Im now hoping for some easterly scraps before the wet fart blizzard laughs at me .

Cold spell , epic , PFFFFFFFFFFFFT

you are losing faith oh patwa - just listen to the jedi master on the hill you are gonna get your feet of snow believe me

Posted

All the best blizzards and snow storms are the knife edge ones - ie the depth of cold comes in just like now with the Siberian uppers so we dive down to -10 to -15 temps - and then to get a mega snow storm - it's like the low just smashes into those uppers but so finely balanced that instead of the lows mild uppers mixing out the cold it feeds off the cold Siberian uppers instead and then just drops it's load on us - so less mild air - more cold mixed in - because generally speaking snow doesn't fall readily that much at stupidly low temps would you believe - it drops out of the lows and fronts better when it's on the borders of mild and cold mix - try observing that in future winters and winters gone by - so unfortunately we need to take "risks" to get the snowmaggedon scenarios - ONLY WAY - but we got this one in the bag because of the lead up to it - the bone dry cold - the ground is now solid and freezing - and we are gonna get a prawn cocktail of snow to lay the base down - then the blizzard hits coming into the freezing uppers and also the snow already on the ground - IT CAN't WIN WITH IT's MILD UPPERS - it will lose and freezing temps will win - MARK MY WORDS:cold::cold::cold:

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, andymusic said:

you are losing faith oh patwa - just listen to the jedi master on the hill you are gonna get your feet of snow believe me

No one wishes they are wrong more so than myself .

I hope to be covered in egg on Friday .

I hear you Jedi master , yet I can see a meeting Friday morning with an angry mob looking for a pound of flesh ...

You’d better hope that snow is so deep the mob can’t break through - I can see a one eyed worzel gummidge type character dressed in something medieval of course rallying the mob into a frenzy demanding “ orf with his head , orf with his head “and the mob just saying “ Aye , aye , aye “.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

No one wishes they are wrong more so than myself .

I hope to be covered in egg on Friday .

I hear you Jedi master , yet I can see a meeting Friday morning with an angry mob looking for a pound of flesh ...

You’d better hope that snow is so deep the mob can’t break through - I can see a one eyed worzel gummidge type character dressed in something medieval of course rallying the mob into a frenzy demanding “ orf with his head , orf with his head “and the mob just saying “ Aye , aye , aye “.

LOL LOL LOL LOL - I got a big husky called Gracie she'll help me with the mob and pull me away by sled - mush mush mush across the snow fields lol and if that fails I have my 4x4 Volvo XC70 with heated seats lol:cold::cold::rofl::rofl::cold::cold:

On ANOTHER NOTE - noticed these red skys - morning/night - could be a sign - red sky in the morning shepherd's WARNING - or someones house is on FIRE lol

Edited by andymusic

Posted

-3 when I got in the car this morning but not a sign of frost - bone dry atmosphere at the moment

Posted

Snow graphics on BBC for tomorrow are certainly not showing any significant snow. Have to check hi res models and radar from tonight. BBC usually poor anyway

Posted
2 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Snow graphics on BBC for tomorrow are certainly not showing any significant snow. Have to check hi res models and radar from tonight. BBC usually poor anyway

Just watch the radar I suppose, something could pop up.

Posted

It looks central wales and sw wales to me which has also whats been on the models for a few days. Front doesnt get far enough south to affect us massively. May see flurries tomorrow

Posted

Well the Met office is at odds with the BBC for Friday in my part of the world - I'm backing (ie hoping they are correct)  the Met Office

image.thumb.png.a1ecc8dad50fa9f8724c9f14ade3443c.png

Posted
15 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

Well the Met office is at odds with the BBC for Friday in my part of the world - I'm backing (ie hoping they are correct)  the Met Office

image.thumb.png.a1ecc8dad50fa9f8724c9f14ade3443c.png

Stick with the Met Office, not because it's showing what we want to see but because the computer-generated output on the BBC's website beyond the next day or two has been woeful since they switched data providers. They've also, I believe, done away completely with the heavy snow symbol. Just teething trouble, hopefully.

Edited by Jackfrost