Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
21 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

Mod thread very very slowly starting to wind me up.do we as a country even exist?someone just mentioned snowfall totals in Dublin...not bitter about the result yesterday but parts of wales could have similar totals and not a mention of us!!anyway rant over 

No we don't exist in there ?, I give up I just hoover now , I find it highly amusing to be honest hence 'the mad thread' ! 

And they wonder why us Welsh folk find them arrogant and cocky across the bridge ?!

• Like 2

Posted
38 minutes ago, JamesL said:

This is rarely seen. 

Here we have a yellow early warning with high impact. I truly believe here in S. Wales we could see this upgraded first to orange and then to a very worrying RED alert. A once in a lifetime event. 

IMG_3486.PNG

IMG_3487.PNG

IMG_3488.PNGf

Well this is looking very promising they. Never put a warning out this early they must be concerned Ecm shows south and west UK event and then another attack from the south again on Saturday this easterly is a beasterly  beating up the mild LOl..20to 30cms possible across Wales Thursday to Friday with more again Saturday.WOW.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
31 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

Mod thread very very slowly starting to wind me up.do we as a country even exist?someone just mentioned snowfall totals in Dublin...not bitter about the result yesterday but parts of wales could have similar totals and not a mention of us!!anyway rant over 

I've just come from there now. A chart was posted showing literally the same snow levels in Wales as Ireland and no mention of us at all. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Anybody else find the countryfileforecast sketchy considering what could be coming?

• Like 2

Posted

Wow. The Countryfile forecast has us in for a bit! @Jayfromcardiff

Some for all of Wales through Tuesday followed by showers for many Wednesday- 2-10cm for Wales by Wednesday evening. Then a plastering from Thursday 3pm through Friday, although some of it turning to rain for us down south for a time (typical!) Although guessing this could change!

Derek's going for some rain for me! :diablo:

https://twitter.com/DerekTheWeather/status/967841768548044800

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

Anybody else find the countryfileforecast sketchy considering what could be coming?

Yeah, lots of snow for most, but hedging bets certainly with regards to totals. What's sure though is we will all see snow at some point!

• Like 1

Posted

Country File update Heavy snow teachings S Wales 3pm Thursday moving North, only turning to rain down the south coast of the UK GAME ON.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

Yes snow anywhere until Thursdays SNOW BOMB lol.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

countryfile forecast was majorly doomy. couldn't believe my eyes. lol

Posted
4 minutes ago, RhysWales said:

Wow. The Countryfile forecast has us in for a bit! @Jayfromcardiff

Some for all of Wales through Tuesday followed by showers for many Wednesday- 2-10cm for Wales by Wednesday evening. Then a plastering from Thursday 3pm through Friday, although some of it turning to rain for us down south for a time (typical!) Although guessing this could change!

Derek's going for some rain for me! :diablo:

https://twitter.com/DerekTheWeather/status/967841768548044800

Don't worry I'm sure it won't turn to rain.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, butters said:

snow then rain and winds coming from the south west bye bye cold snap :(

Sorry only showed mild sector over the tip of Cornwall

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

How can some say rain and some say snow from watching the same forecast on tv???? The mind boggles

Posted
1 minute ago, freeze for all said:

How can some say rain and some say snow from watching the same forecast on tv???? The mind boggles

Thought the same. Certainly nothing mild. There looks like a little mild air MAY get in through Friday morning, but this quickly dissipates again.

• See Thursday 3pm, and Friday 2am snapshots.  

Thursday 8.PNG

Friday 2.PNG

Posted
6 minutes ago, butters said:

snow then rain and winds coming from the south west bye bye cold snap :(

It only turns to rain briefly, if at all. Friday day we're back in the freezer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I wouldn't be surprised if some places were to have a foot or so by weeks end if we managed to keep this as an all snow event. Tuesday we have a few hours of persistent snow crossing the country followed by snow showers throughout Wednesday and then potentially this LP bringing heavy snow/blizzard on top of the existing snow from previous days. It will be interesting to see where could end up with potential large snowfall accumulations!  

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry for a newbie question. Just trying to get my head round the movement of the low and the resulting mild air pushing north. From a coldie perspective do we want the low to move further south and east into France or as is modelled and move north and east?

thanks in advance 

Edited by Snow Dragon
Typo

Posted

Hi all just popped in to see  what's happening and can't believe the excitement in here . If what's coming is anything like what I've seen in the past many of us won't be going anywhere, I drive hgv for a living and know only too well how dangerous roads can be but have to say with all the cuts that councils have made winter maintenance  vehicles have been hit hard . 

It's OK to send a gritter out on a frosty night but dealing with deep snow on every road is a totally different ball game.I've seen motorways grind to a halt in minutes from just moderate snow never mind heavy persistent snow .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms
4 minutes ago, Snow Dragon said:

Sorry for a newbie question. Just trying to get my head round the movement of the low and the resulting mild air pushing north. From a coldie perspective do we want the low to move further south and east into France or as is modelled and move north and east?

thanks in advance 

The ideal track for us here in Wales would be more southerly but only by 100miles or so sliding along the South Coast and into Northern parts of France and into the Benelux countries 

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snow Dragon said:

thanks in advance 

a slight move south drags in more frigid air, and means a much more snowy result. further north pulls in the milder air, but will still result in interesting weather as it mixes with the beast. whichever way it goes, SOMEONE is getting dumped on end of the week. my personal bet is on it being slightly further south

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

This is quite good for precip indications

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=48.5;-3.8;4&l=rain-3h&t=20180302/12

hmm, not so sure about Ventusky's take on things. snow cover for 12 pm Friday...

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=51.16;-3.75;7&l=snow&t=20180302/12

really?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Where can I view the country file forecast anyone?