Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
2 minutes ago, Clair_Witch said:

Definitely! We'll take wheelbarrows and steal whatever snow he's accumulated!

What part of Cardiff are you from? It's weird I live in pentwyn and there's been times it's colder and snowier compared to other parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
4 minutes ago, Clair_Witch said:

Definitely! We'll take wheelbarrows and steal whatever snow he's accumulated!

Im getting scared now.....bringing back memories 2010/2013....

• Like 1

Posted

I'm really enjoying this calm before the storm so to speak , very good weather for drying out fire wood ! I've been out splitting wood the last few days for the burner , the already split wood has dried lots ! Now the haul the seasoned wood into the conservatory ready for this week  .

Posted

That’s a great point I’ve enjoyed the pre cold cold as it were just sitting in the garden with my fire reading these threads and the post match rugby reports with a coffee or the occasional glass of red. Great way to relax before it all kicks off.

EC2702FF-1176-4FB8-B044-15DFBE213B58.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

I was out lunchtime in Ruperra Woods above Machen and I was boiling in my layers.  It was just lovely.

Myself, I'm hoping everything is over by after next weekend as I need to be in Heathrow on the 8th.  I've got lots of beer ordered in this week's shopping delivery :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

What are people thinking of the prospects for the N/NE?  I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised as things may pop up nearer the time. Not going to be selfish and i hope i get all the snow though :rofl:  hope all of you down in the south get plenty of snow as well. Just to add onto the chart from Jay below this is the ARPEGE (French Model's) take on the snow accumulation by Thursday.

arpege-45-89-0_kzg2.png

Edited by Summerstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

image.thumb.png.de5c331331d82b7abbc2795ccef639bd.pngWow - look at those snow totals! Andy cops the most snow by the looks lol.

Bit gutted buy that chart looks like an area of lighter snow in a line from Swansea to the Llyn peninsula. Why would that be? It seems to be a recurring theme. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Pembroke Dangler said:

Bit gutted buy that chart looks like an area of lighter snow in a line from Swansea to the Llyn peninsula. Why would that be? It seems to be a recurring theme. 

Don't worry, You'll get more than that I'm sure. It's only to be used as a rough idea until nearer the time.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

image.thumb.png.de5c331331d82b7abbc2795ccef639bd.pngWow - look at those snow totals! Andy cops the most snow by the looks lol.

I'm not sure about that....that little dark red spot is right on top of my house lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Don't worry, You'll get more than that I'm sure. It's only to be used as a rough idea until nearer the time.

I’m hoping so Jay everything is crossed for this one. As long as it’s dry for my drive to Birmingham airport on the 7th all will be good ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Im just in the red area going by that map, shall I hope for a foot of snow by weeks end? :rofl: Now that would be the nicest of all surprises! 

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted

I'm supposed to be driving from Tredegar to Newport at 5am on Friday to catch a train to London for a meeting. Not sure I'll be making that journey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

I drive from bargoed to Bridgend every day...doesn't seem as if I will be doing it every day this week ?

Posted
49 minutes ago, Pembroke Dangler said:

Now if that were rain Swansea would be right up there .....

I suppose from the Easterly that line is very sheltered but I can’t see how it would be from the steak meal blizzard ??

Andys steak meal blizzard should take any prisoners , it will hit a large area and that will be that .

I wonder how Andy can possibly ramp that snow depth chart for his locale more than the chart itself ...

Posted

just got some camping gas stoves with loads of refill canisters - so that's one part solved - gonna need to go into Cardiff tomorrow as B & Q don't have a calour gas heater or bottles anywhere throughout all there stores - my god - what a complete cock up - so I might try wilkes or failing that see if amazon can save the day with the portable gas heater with a gas bottle unless anyone has any better ideas for me - really panicing that the power will be cut off with the amount of snow and the blizzard winds

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What part of Cardiff are you from? It's weird I live in pentwyn and there's been times it's colder and snowier compared to other parts.

Grangetown here. Literally as close to sea level as possible.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

30cm in Maesteg according to that map above, and blowing too. could be epic

Posted

I work in a Cardiff school.. I'm wondering how many snow days I might get out of this set up! Interesting times :good:

• Like 1

Posted

As I thought the front on Friday stalls and wavers according to the Gfs ,perfect if it stalls around central belt of Wales,we would be buried 

• Like 1

Posted

Should be the most watched countryfile weather forecasts in many years.

Tonight looks dry,radar showing little or nothing yet.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
14 minutes ago, lynnross said:

I work in a Cardiff school.. I'm wondering how many snow days I might get out of this set up! Interesting times :good:

Possibly Tuesday depending on when the snow starts but I'd imagine Thursday and Friday. If schools have any sense they'll send letters out advising closed due to weather.

• Like 1