Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Errrm. So this is really happening?! I’m still trying to let go of nagging doubts as it seems too good to be true. 

It could be utter madness next week. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

Ermmm...anybody watching the ecm rolling out?

We be sick of snow this time next week NOT, do not go out end of next week ,you won't find the front door when you get back!

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
30 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

We be sick of snow this time next week NOT, do not go out end of next week ,you won't find the front door when you get back!

Im already sick of it weve had some in december......

Posted
5 minutes ago, alijoe said:

Good luck to us all who want the snow. Fingers crossed we all get some. 

guaranteed at all levels in copious amounts

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day 10
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

guaranteed at all levels in copious amounts

Really? Even down here in Penarth? We did well in 2010 (very well) and 2013 had enough for a snow day and not doing a great deal. 

Can we get sustained cover down to sea level this year ?  The possible channel low attacking from the south given all other parameters looks like it could turn into a 48 hr blizzard.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

More crazy charts. Dew points don't get above freezing for the next week and a half, and models suggest moisture coming up from the south.

Edited by Marcus_surfer
  • Like 2

Posted

90hrs away now

gfs-2-90.png?18

gfs-2-96.png?18

gfs-2-120.png?18

gfs-2-144.png?18

blizzard

gfs-2-150.png?18

gfs-2-156.png?18

gfs-2-162.png?18

gfs-2-168.png?18

gfs-2-192.png?18

gfs-2-234.png?18

snow potential still out to the 11th march - just goes on and on - we are looking down the barrel of a gun

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously

If the current Meto forecast works out for the week ahead the winds for Ponty are NE or ENE so I would think there would be little snow left for areas in the lee of the Beacons.  But fair enough the 5th March is miles away so who knows what will be happening by then?

Posted

I think some in the mad thread are getting seriously carried away and blinkered to the possibility that this low next week could very well be rain for the south and south east.

After the intensity of build up ,that would be a monumental disappointment .

What annoys me is that mentality to say “ bin the run “.

If one of the big hitters casts doubt on the run ,then you quickly see numerous posters latching on as if they are weather pros saying that “ IN MY OPINION this evolution is incorrect “ or “ this run has gone on a bender , had ten pints ,a kebab , blah blah blah “ .

Yes there may be good reason to cast doubt on the evolution ,but the pros know you cannot discount it fully .

There is usually a moderated version of a what looks wrong ....

Hopefully though ,for us here in Wales this low will give us feet of snow !!

A few cold days ,a mega dumping , a few days of digging out and enjoying it then washed away and spring warmth please.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

I think some in the mad thread are getting seriously carried away and blinkered to the possibility that this low next week could very well be rain for the south and south east.

After the intensity of build up ,that would be a monumental disappointment .

What annoys me is that mentality to say “ bin the run “.

If one of the big hitters casts doubt on the run ,then you quickly see numerous posters latching on as if they are weather pros saying that “ IN MY OPINION this evolution is incorrect “ or “ this run has gone on a bender , had ten pints ,a kebab , blah blah blah “ .

Yes there may be good reason to cast doubt on the evolution ,but the pros know you cannot discount it fully .

There is usually a moderated version of a what looks wrong ....

Hopefully though ,for us here in Wales this low will give us feet of snow !!

A few cold days ,a mega dumping , a few days of digging out and enjoying it then washed away and spring warmth please.

think the spring warmth will be well delayed right to easter my friend - and yes the mad thread - there's some right nut jobs in there - some guys who do know what they are talking about but yes some sheep who just follow and some nut jobs - but I ain't been in there for weeks now - analyse stuff for myself and been too busy with my current projects but love coming on the regional as it's a friendly place to come and we always keep a welcome in the snowy hillside round here eh lol:cold::cold:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Finally the weekend, been looking forward to this all week to see how this would unfold. Even though its a week away its nice to see the meto forecast have snow for all day friday here (hopefully it will go right for us) and temps not getting above 0c from wednesday onwards! Im definately excited now!

• Like 1

Posted

In my experience the lows are often progged to far north by GFS and end up more northern France. The amount of times I've been disappointed from a channel low being progged and northern France getting the snow is unreal lol.

Posted
34 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Finally the weekend, been looking forward to this all week to see how this would unfold. Even though its a week away its nice to see the meto forecast have snow for all day friday here (hopefully it will go right for us) and temps not getting above 0c from wednesday onwards! Im definately excited now!

Yes we spend a lot of time playing spot the snow showers, many chances week starting overnight Monday .The met are ramping up the week ahead with troughs moving east to west across the UK with a unstable easterly air flow.We waited a long time for a spell like this having 5 days of falling snow ENJOY!!!!

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
30 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

In my experience the lows are often progged to far north by GFS and end up more northern France. The amount of times I've been disappointed from a channel low being progged and northern France getting the snow is unreal lol.

Yes we missed out lots of times as Lps slip to the south but we have had 2 big hits 1979 20 foot snow drifts and 1982 so we need to watch towards next weekend.

Posted

LATEST WEATHER UPDATE - WARNING - snow will start to fall beginning of next week, small amounts at 1st, but getting more and more till around early thursday - we are LIKELY to get a THREE DAY BLIZZARD - temps already low will fall during next week to -15 to maybe lower in places - this weather WILL be brutal - look after your elderly neighbours and hunker down is my advice till the storm blows over possibly late next weekend but the cold is likely to hold on well into the spring and through March definitely - haven't seen weather model charts this extreme before so believe me when I say - IT's COMING - that's all - my update from my facebook timeline lol

• Like 2

Posted

Well Tesco looked liked it had been raided last night in the tin aisle ? everyone's on the ball !

Yes definitely looking good for snow next week , watch this space the home barometer is showing this too . 

Posted
7 minutes ago, andymusic said:

LATEST WEATHER UPDATE - WARNING - snow will start to fall beginning of next week, small amounts at 1st, but getting more and more till around early thursday - we are LIKELY to get a THREE DAY BLIZZARD - temps already low will fall during next week to -15 to maybe lower in places - this weather WILL be brutal - look after your elderly neighbours and hunker down is my advice till the storm blows over possibly late next weekend but the cold is likely to hold on well into the spring and through March definitely - haven't seen weather model charts this extreme before so believe me when I say - IT's COMING - that's all - my update from my facebook timeline lol

Keep us posted Andy please on the ETA etc !

Posted

Fair play Andy in all the years Ive followed you on here we are getting into historical levels of ramping

ps booked Friday off just in case ??

• Like 2