A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

-12 and the max I've seen is -14 over us

I'll rephrase that I've just seen -16

Edited by freeze for all
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

exciting times ahead then gang!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

exciting times ahead then gang!

Going to b very cold, let's just hope we get the precipitation and tons of it not just a dry easterly ???❄☃️❄☃️☃️??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
7 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

-12 and the max I've seen is -14 over us

I'll rephrase that I've just seen -16

Feels like -20 thursday minimum...here.........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Would be a bit sour if we miss the snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
14 hours ago, Jen Beachcomber said:

Ok... I'll play ... Penfoel where are you I'm in Pembroke and watching the charts closely this past week... 

I'd love some snow... But compared to those that are inland and at a higher elevations, as per usual our chances are a LOT less... 

So waiting on the weekend charts and watchings the lows as the high pressure is doing a FAB job this week :good:and I've had a glorious dry week in the garden... 

Anyone else on the Pembrokeshire coast watching with anticipation??? But don't want to get their hopes up to high??? :)

I’m in Strumble Head right beside the lighthouse ?

For the first time in years we have ice in the water troughs ! 

The fields are drying up nicely and I’ve been creosoteing the barn doors as they’ve finally dried out completely but the wind chill off the sea is incredible. 

• Like 1

Posted

Just looked at the online BBC weather forecast for where I live in the Rhymney Valley and its showing nothing more than snizzle for the next two weeks though bitterly cold- air moisture rarely gets above 25% - I find this the most unbleiveable fact of all as I seem to live in permanant rain for 90% of the time - how cruel would that be 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

Just looked at the online BBC weather forecast for where I live in the Rhymney Valley and its showing nothing more than snizzle for the next two weeks though bitterly cold- air moisture rarely gets above 25% - I find this the most unbleiveable fact of all as I seem to live in permanant rain for 90% of the time - how cruel would that be 

This was my concern...still a bit of time for anything and everything to change tho with regards to snow

Posted
33 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

shows just how bad their forecasts are then

Posted

Get the cold in first and then wait and c wot turns up, u just never know with the instability which is with this cold pool.  I saw bbc forecast for Cardiff this morning, high of 7c low of 0c tonight. Itv straight after high of 4c low of -3 

Posted
1 hour ago, Stevetynant said:

I find that the automated BBC weather forecasts (and even many of the manual ones) aren't worth taking much notice of, particularly now that the met office aren't providing the data. Instead use to the met office site but for the most accuracy stick to this site, particularly the main threads and this regional thread. Also use the assorted radar services.

Edited by Buzz

Posted
2 hours ago, freeze for all said:

Going to b very cold, let's just hope we get the precipitation and tons of it not just a dry easterly ???❄☃️❄☃️☃️??

If you want copious amounts of snow then the best chance for south Wales is a slow moving and highly active atlantic system bumping into the cold air, pushing north a little then trundling off east or south east. Snow showers and streamers are also possibilities depending on your location (also depends on the wind direction) and anyone in the firing line could get a good dollop from one of those, however they don't look that likely at present. Showers blown all the way over in the strong easterly (or north or south easterly) are also possibilities but often the snow amounts aren't that great once they reach our neck of the woods.

Posted
2 hours ago, Penfoel said:

I’m in Strumble Head right beside the lighthouse ?

For the first time in years we have ice in the water troughs ! 

The fields are drying up nicely and I’ve been creosoteing the barn doors as they’ve finally dried out completely but the wind chill off the sea is incredible. 

Nice location :D  Everything is drying up here as well in Pembroke! 

We had frost yesterday -2C but it was +2C here this morning and no frost... Although it was forecast to be colder...

Well we may get a few flakes of snow on the Pembrokeshire coast.... between midnight Mon and Tues morning according to this model...

We 'could' wake up to a little covering... It would be nice 

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 13.48.18.png

• Like 1

Posted

Love the cold and snow it my fav time of year. Am getting increasingly annoyed/concerned about the slowness in getting the message out to the vulnerable whether it be cold or cold and snow. England have their public health warnings which has gone to amber, judging by which the seriousness of the coming cold stops at the border! Public health Wales have a tweet! A blinking tweet! My mother and father are not on Twitter! 

Screenshot_20180223-142026.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day 10
18 hours ago, lindy2222 said:

Wine,cat food and milk etc.................

Don’t fancy getting snowed in round yours ??

Posted
36 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Conditions over the weekend and into the early part of next week will become increasingly cold, possibly exceptionally cold.

Here we go !

Warnings starting to increase .

I can’t recall Meto using “ exceptionally cold “ before - maybe they did but they sit on the fence and “ very cold” is rare never mind “ significantly cold “ - “EXCEPTIONALLY COLD” BOOMED THE BEAST as we cowered before it ...

Air is now already quite dry - 39% in my house across most rooms when usually 55 ish ...

Slowly we are being sucked into the beast.

Posted

Michael fish forecast says chance of milder air pushing in on Friday with a chance of heavy snow 

Posted

Right fires just getting started, bars beginning to restock. Cmon beast do your worst

8DEBCF0B-FD17-447F-9EA1-D6A79731CA50.jpeg

B338B305-6CE7-4E6D-85DA-81005E5E693B.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
59 minutes ago, dyl232 said:

Impressive totals towards next friday. Nothing far west as expected though. 

9F4A0C6D-AD9B-4360-ADD1-C15A44FC1F92.png

You really need to read Phil on page 109 (most respected of all the net weather team) Quote continual troughs  moving across East to West across Uk a disturbed freezing snowy outlook.Expect a extreme harsh week weather ahead.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

Ermmm...anybody watching the ecm rolling out?

Edited by dbaloo
Damm auto correct ?

Posted

I'm currently in the French Alps and the Beast kicked in on Wednesday. If we are getting some of this, it's going to be brutal. The locals here are used to cold but even they are not looking forwards to next week. The local bar owner was talking about -15 in the valley, worse at altitude. However, nobody's raiding bread and milk!