IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer
24 minutes ago, Jen Beachcomber said:

Appreciated Pembroke Dangler, thanks x

That's 'Best Case Scenario' right? 

Would love this to happen... I'll 'model watch' with interest... At the moment I know it will be 'bitterly' cold across Wales next week, I've already got the 'old' salopettes  washed and ready for wearing... 

But would love this this to just be a day or 2 out as apposed to a week ! 

Yeah best case scenario for obv reasons it’s still a week away but I’m pretty confident that the models have a fair handle on this one along with the met office and metogroup (that the bbc use now) that this could be an epic snowy spell for us in Wales ???????  ?

• Like 1

Posted

sorry i ain't been about much - but been busy working on this project for March 15th for THE VOICE UK TV Program

https://www.facebook.com/events/1124480207692338/

snow from Tuesday onwards and then it looks like around st david's day complete dumpings galore - glad I was right then lol

the voice-2.png

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Metoffice extended outlook:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Posted

Those charts make for very good viewing.  This is going to cause major headaches for me in work - providing i'll be able to get out of my front door, but it's going to be amazing.   

Posted

Ok it doesn’t take much I know but which days do I need to book my hols in for next week. Friday?  Thurs and Friday?

Posted
5 hours ago, Stevetynant said:

Ok it doesn’t take much I know but which days do I need to book my hols in for next week. Friday?  Thurs and Friday?

i'd say the models keep flagging up Tuesday - Saturday as issues - but mainly Thursday through to Saturday - but I have a feeling it could be more than that and for longer

Posted

The models are being very consistent in marking the period Mar. 1st-3rd with the potential for a very significant countrywide (as in UK) snow event but, given Wales' southwesterly location and mountainous geography, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we copped the worst of it, which has happened plenty of times in the past (and don't forget that Tredegar holds the record for deepest level snow ever recorded in a British town!)

There are questions over milder air possibly encroaching from the south along with the low but that risk seems fairly low at the moment. Given that it's still a week away caution is still definitely needed, but something seems to be brewing.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
43 minutes ago, andymusic said:

i'd say the models keep flagging up Tuesday - Saturday as issues - but mainly Thursday through to Saturday - but I have a feeling it could be more than that and for longer

Thanks Andy long weekend it is then

Posted
On 11/01/2018 at 22:34, andymusic said:

map of the uk in the centre with Wales covered with snow (also Scotland, Ireland & northern England)

Greenland is the big purple blob at the top completed pasted in snow and glaciers

Iceland is the little purple blob below Greenland and above scotland

/

Posted
1 hour ago, Jackfrost said:

The models are being very consistent in marking the period Mar. 1st-3rd with the potential for a very significant countrywide (as in UK) snow event but, given Wales' southwesterly location and mountainous geography, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we copped the worst of it, which has happened plenty of times in the past (and don't forget that Tredegar holds the record for deepest level snow ever recorded in a British town!)

There are questions over milder air possibly encroaching from the south along with the low but that risk seems fairly low at the moment. Given that it's still a week away caution is still definitely needed, but something seems to be brewing.

Who knows.....maybe we'll beat that record lol! 5 foot....can't even imagine what that would be like, absolute madness.  I'm supposed to be gong to London next Friday...don't think that's going to be happening

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

at times like this its begs the question what is more important...bread or beer?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
2 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

at times like this its begs the question what is more important...bread or beer?

I gave up bread.....

Posted

Well I have to say it's like Xmas! I've been watching throughout the night with excitement, I just hope I don't fall asleep and miss it all! ? going shopping now before,the rush!! Baileys on top of my list just in case I run out of milk,can use that in coffee,tea,cereals.......!   Can't wait to come back and check the weather! ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
13 hours ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

Not necessarily. The temps will be low enough everywhere. Nothing marginal in the next 10 days or so. If it falls it will be snow. Simple as that.

We live at Strumble  Head lighthouse and farm there ... awesome storms ... but snow is very rare ... 

But am looking forward to this cold spell whatever it brings ! Thanks guys !! 

Posted

Andy you played down snow chances for Tuesday This from the mad thread .a  front develops runs across the north sea reaching Wales overnight Tuesday bringing outbreaks of snow ,Andy get your facts correct  LOL

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Andy you played down snow chances for Tuesday This from the mad thread .a  front develops runs across the north sea reaching Wales overnight Tuesday bringing outbreaks of snow ,Andy get your facts correct  LOL

you are a likle tinker - me under playing snow the king ramper of wales - never lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

I may be on my own here, but my glee at the prospect of cold and snow is slowly starting to turn to concern at actually how cold it could be. 

My wife is still ambivalent at the moment to it all, but we are staring down the barrel here.

I guess we should all keep in mind the vulnerable within our communities over the coming weeks.  

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

I may be on my own here, but my glee at the prospect of cold and snow is slowly starting to turn to concern at actually how cold it could be. 

My wife is still ambivalent at the moment to it all, but we are staring down the barrel here.

I guess we should all keep in mind the vulnerable within our communities over the coming weeks.  

this was my point when Derek actually knew this was coming but he had his Cheshire cat grin on when he was doing the forecasts - the old and infirm will really need to keep indoors out of this cold or they could come a real cropper

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, andymusic said:

this was my point when Derek actually knew this was coming but he had his Cheshire cat grin on when he was doing the forecasts - the old and infirm will really need to keep indoors out of this cold or they could come a real cropper

So glad my surgery has been cancelled for next week, I. Had visions of being stuck in hospital, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms snow sun

Morning all we are certainly looking at a potential big freeze here now remember the 80s 90s powder snow with trains not running because of the wrong snow blowing around like sand every thing was frozen solid for weeks off topic was a huw last night as my mother had a fall at home bruised ribs waiting time was 4 hours plus can see major problems next week take care and look after each other

Edited by dragon falls
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

From what my untrained eye can see in the mod thread (why i go in there i don't know) is that we seem to be under a lot of the colder uppers or am i getting this wrong?

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, dbaloo said:

From what my untrained eye can see in the mod thread (why i go in there i don't know) is that we seem to be under a lot of the colder uppers or am i getting this wrong?

stupidly cold