Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
8 minutes ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

Of course Jen. It's beer. All beer. One of my favourites too. 660ml bottles of Menabrea. Italian. Bootiful. 

But i will be popping out soon to get some back ups. Boxes of 20 stella bottles for a tenner at Asda. Thinking 3 should see me through the worst. Might pick up a UHT while I'm there.

Loving the chainsaw!. Fair dooz. I usually buy it in these days. Chopping was hard work. Got a delivery Saturday. Lovely! nothing like it

Awww Shucks... So if we really do get snow then It would take 'stained glass windowin' ages to get to your party... :wink:

See me being a woman... My freezer is filled with Chilli, Old fashioned Pea and Ham Soup, and today I made Bacon Bolognese ... 

At least we won't starve.. lol... 

I've already bought the UHT :p did it the last 'time' we were forecast snow... lol... 

Love chopping wood, free exercise ! (I used to be a landscape gardener) ... For us wood fanatics there is nothing like a well stacked pile :wink:  

Currently 23.8C in our lounge...  Socks off!!! :yahoo:... lol...

Posted

I'm supposed to be travelling from Maerdy (top of the Rhondda) to heathrow on saturday the 4th wat do you think my chances are of getting up there.?Getting a bit worried now. Supposed to be going

to Capetown .

Posted
5 minutes ago, wastedlife said:

I'm supposed to be travelling from Maerdy (top of the Rhondda) to heathrow on saturday the 4th wat do you think my chances are of getting up there.?Getting a bit worried now. Supposed to be going

to Capetown .

The 4th wastedlife is a long way off yet, chances are you'll be fine :)  lets see what happens closer to your date? x

Posted

I do feel there's an air of ' The day after tomorrow' about all this!

we had a little shakey Quake:yahoo: and now this weather, will make sure I've got plenty of books to burn in case I'm cut off!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Im finding it harder not to get more excited now with these charts and snow possibilities for us in Wales next week. Can't wait for Sunday now and it to all really begin! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Just seen the news 24 forecast extended version and Wales will be buried next Friday caboom :yahoo:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, whiskers said:

I do feel there's an air of ' The day after tomorrow' about all this!

we had a little shakey Quake:yahoo: and now this weather, will make sure I've got plenty of books to burn in case I'm cut off!!

Gutted I didn't even feel or hear the quake in Pembroke... Although we were chainsawing at the time... lol... 

Make sure you separate the pages of the books well ! Otherwise they are a 'biatch' to burn :wink:, they need 'stirring'... lol...

Posted

I want to believe this is coming our way but all the charts I’ve seen show this being a south and east snowfest

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

I want to believe this is coming our way but all the charts I’ve seen show this being a south and east snowfest

ye. we really need a big old battle ground situation. Later next week holds big hope. It could be epic. Anything bumping into this will be awesome. 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Pembroke Dangler said:

Just seen the news 24 forecast extended version and Wales will be buried next Friday caboom :yahoo:

Love to be as excited as you Pembroke Dangler , but what makes you so sure? 

Honest question by the way.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Icequeen said:

Hello all, decided to actually sign in and join the fun rather than lurk as I have been doing the past few years. I'm hopeful that things are going to get a tadge nippy :cold:

I'm almost sure we are all going to be a 'tadge nippy' Icequeen, I'm sure by the end of next week we will all be cursing the 'windchill' trying to take our 'noses' off! lol... 

Posted
11 hours ago, andymusic said:

don't know why you bother with the mad thread - it's cosy and warm in this thread and we are all nice to each other lol - they don't wanna talk about how the weather will effect our part of the world - and we're happy with that lol cause we'll keep an eye on our own mountains and land and individual weather set ups

Yes I avoid at all costs Andy but I did like to have a gander but I give up now ?! Absolutely craziness !

Yes lovely in here with the fellow welshies ! Looking exciting for next week , best get the log burner fired up then ?.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

The garden bar looking forward to another chill down

4E375E89-2738-4B6F-A2CC-2FD8586B84D2.jpeg

Love this :air_kiss: can you make mine a 'lager and black' pretty please :smile:  I haven't had one of those in about 20yrs... lol... about as long ago it was since we last had any decent snow... lol... 

Ooooo the memories it will bring back... lol.. 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Jen Beachcomber said:

Love to be as excited as you Pembroke Dangler , but what makes you so sure? 

Honest question by the way.

The low pressure moving under the block to our south will try and encroach wrapped in warm air and moisture which will be the uk equivalent of a snow bomb like they get in the north east coast of the states. It’s still a long way to be guaranteed but trust me this set up has 1982 written all over it and this will follow snow showers that will get this far west from the North Sea die to the strength of the wind. So in the words of Andy it’s going to tonk it down just watch.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

tempresult_azd9.gif

Two Words:

Absolutely Superb 

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, Jen Beachcomber said:

Love this :air_kiss: can you make mine a 'lager and black' pretty please :smile:  I haven't had one of those in about 20yrs... lol... about as long ago it was since we last had any decent snow... lol... 

Ooooo the memories it will bring back... lol.. 

I’m seriously thinking about bringing the beer indoors there’s chilled and there’s chilled lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

The models are on drugs tonight, crazy, haven't seen anything like this.

• Like 1

Posted

Ooooh direct hit  from the cold next week.

I'm sure we will get snow next week and all over Wales North South East West,  Everyone will see snow at some point.  Going to need training clearing snow as we are not used to this.  Chaos will ensue next from next week. :yahoo:

giphy-downsized (1).gif

giphy-downsized (2).gif

Posted

OMG if the gfs 18z comes off we will be in some deep trouble of the snow kind right the way through to summer lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

These charts!!! I have never seen anything like them. If this comes off it will be one historic weather event. 

Bring it on! :yahoo:

Posted
36 minutes ago, Pembroke Dangler said:

The low pressure moving under the block to our south will try and encroach wrapped in warm air and moisture which will be the uk equivalent of a snow bomb like they get in the north east coast of the states. It’s still a long way to be guaranteed but trust me this set up has 1982 written all over it and this will follow snow showers that will get this far west from the North Sea die to the strength of the wind. So in the words of Andy it’s going to tonk it down just watch.....

Appreciated Pembroke Dangler, thanks x

That's 'Best Case Scenario' right? 

Would love this to happen... I'll 'model watch' with interest... At the moment I know it will be 'bitterly' cold across Wales next week, I've already got the 'old' salopettes  washed and ready for wearing... 

But would love this this to just be a day or 2 out as apposed to a week ! 

Posted
30 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

The models are on drugs tonight, crazy, haven't seen anything like this.

Intended with fun... 

Can I have the mix pretty please :smile: So I can see this as well :p