Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I highly doubt us in the west/south west will see wall to wall snow, easterlies are not always the best for snow for us unless it comes from a front pushing up against the cold. However i would be suprised not to see some snow at some point from this if it comes off.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
3 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

I highly doubt us in the west/south west will see wall to wall snow, easterlies are not always the best for snow for us unless it comes from a front pushing up against the cold. However i would be suprised not to see some snow at some point from this if it comes off.

If we get that serious cold pool the models are showing then yes the chances of snow will be increasing and anything falling from the sky will be of snow. Im hoping for a classic low pulling in moisture and maintaining that easterly. Thats where we get our largest snowfall totals out of. Could be something rather special ahead for many of us

• Like 2

Posted

1979 blizzard 1982  48 hrs snow 2010 pretty  good a few snow events inbetween, records are there to be broken ,WITH MINUS 10 TO MINUS 15 UPPERS this is crazy weather ,as Marcus showed with the met update Sunday night Monday Tuesday the snow chances increases each day, but March the first grabs my attention the last time we were attacked from Lp approached from Iberia in winter was 1982 when we had a stalling warm and cold front was a 48 hr snow event,with a huge Hp to the North we could have a repeat of 1982..as front struggles to get past the midlands.image.thumb.png.fba34b7014de7cec9f8930e2b7d0644e.png

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted

I'm too afraid to go to bed just in case something happens:nea: it will be like a dream to wake tomorrow and it's still happening! :yahoo:exciting times ahead! 

Posted

Extremely cold charts continue to pour out this evening. Lets just hope we actually get something special this year. Winter could go out with a bang.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Starting to get a little bit excited now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I have to say if these charts tonight came off it would be memorable for us indeed, I've even saved a few as when was the last time a chart showed -16c 850s reach South Wales?  

18_180_ukthickness850.thumb.png.6381d794d59a4f5cd206e1ca17f14e5b.png

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

I have to say if these charts tonight came off it would be memorable for us indeed, I've even saved a few as when was the last time a chart showed -16c 850s reach South Wales?  

18_180_ukthickness850.thumb.png.6381d794d59a4f5cd206e1ca17f14e5b.png

Ive never seen charts this cold.

Ive been posting here since 2005. 

I can't really remember any memorable cold before the year 2000.(I'm 26) So matching 2009/10 if colder charts.

Edited by Marcus_surfer
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Ive never seen charts this cold.

Ive been posting here since 2005. 

I can't really remember any memorable cold before the year 2000.(I'm 26) So matching 2009/10 if colder charts.

Likewise these are the coldest and note snowiest runs I have ever witnessed on this forum....even makes december 2010 look tame! Also the strength of the sun at this point will actually increase convection for us in Wales and not hamper our chances but enhance them......this is historical weather watching......mae’r gaeaf yn dod bois bach! 

On a serious note however with lambing kicking in across Wales...this could be a huge set back to farmers! 

Posted

Derek's forecast tonight - laughable - he knows what's coming next week - and he doesn't even drop a hint - only to say - it'll get a tad colder towards the weekend - and he flippin knows what's around the corner - but got his silly grin on his face - unless he's been told not to panic anyone - gotta be honest - we need a warning even this far out - it's gonna get very nasty - bitterly cold and potential for one hell of a pasting - you'd swear tonight the forecast he just did - we're in the middle of summer and there's nowt to worry about lol

Posted

Monday

gfs-2-162.png?18

gfs-2-168.png?18

Tuesday

gfs-2-180.png?18

slightly different run tonight - but horses for courses - amount of snow with this set up will be measured in feet i'm sure with drifts - simples

Posted

Cold I can see but it looks marginal for S Wales to me with regards to snow.Im hoping for something historic but looks like we are far from in pole position this time around.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

Cold I can see but it looks marginal for S Wales to me with regards to snow.Im hoping for something historic but looks like we are far from in pole position this time around.

I wouldn't worry too much about snow at the moment. We need to get this cold nailed on and delivered first. Then the fun and games can begin. Any regular on this forum knows snow in this country always comes down to nowcasting and radar watching.

Oh and i certainly wouldn't call it "marginal" looking at the upper air charts

Edited by Marcus_surfer
  • Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

I wouldn't worry too much about snow at the moment. We need to get this cold nailed on and delivered first. Then the fun and games can begin. Any regular on this forum knows snow in this country always comes down to nowcasting and radar watching.

Oh and i certainly wouldn't call it "marginal" looking at the upper air charts

The cold isn’t marginal Marcus at all. I know I won’t get much sleep over the next few nights if the models continue to churn out the numbers they are at the moment.Weve all seen it snatched away from us at short notice in the past but they are talking historic weather patterns in the Mod thread at the moment

Posted
9 hours ago, keithlucky said:

1979 blizzard 1982  48 hrs snow 2010 pretty  good a few snow events inbetween, records are there to be broken ,WITH MINUS 10 TO MINUS 15 UPPERS this is crazy weather ,as Marcus showed with the met update Sunday night Monday Tuesday the snow chances increases each day, but March the first grabs my attention the last time we were attacked from Lp approached from Iberia in winter was 1982 when we had a stalling warm and cold front was a 48 hr snow event,with a huge Hp to the North we could have a repeat of 1982..as front struggles to get past the midlands.image.thumb.png.fba34b7014de7cec9f8930e2b7d0644e.png

Again ONCE in a lifetime model outputs ,around the 1st of March you can see the isobars getting squeezed as the front approachesblizzard conditions across the south UK 

Edited by keithlucky
DELETE
  • Like 1

Posted

ECM - AMAZING - GFS out to 8th MARCH - Cold locked in ALL THE WAY - OMG ICE AGE CONDITIONS lol:cold::cold:

Solar minimum - welsh earthquake - volcanoes kicking off

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/another-volcano-just-erupted-in-the-“ring-of-fire”/ar-BBJlVTI?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

WE'RE DOOOOOOOMED lol lol

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

26th Feb - getting closer now - can ya taste it lol

gfs-2-156.png?0

gfs-2-162.png?0

if we don't get a STUPID AMOUNT OF SNOW with these Siberian temps - I'm getting a one way ticket to the moon lol - the darkside - I understand it's freezing up there lol

gfs-2-348.png?0

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

No need to worry about South Wales according to these temperature predictions for Carmarthen:

Atmosphere:    image.thumb.gif.4a1bb32bc4413abc2c67f273bd8ad039.gif

Ground:           image.thumb.png.852c2a9e970d92b4c65fa90277e02f8b.png

Potential for snow every day between 28th Feb and 3rd March?

i am beginning to get worried for the sheep and dairy farmers around here - they could be in for some challenging conditions in the next two weeks.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

No need to worry about South Wales according to these temperature predictions for Carmarthen:

Atmosphere:    image.thumb.gif.4a1bb32bc4413abc2c67f273bd8ad039.gif

Ground:           image.thumb.png.852c2a9e970d92b4c65fa90277e02f8b.png

Potential for snow every day between 28th Feb and 3rd March?

i am beginning to get worried for the sheep and dairy farmers around here - they could be in for some challenging conditions in the next two weeks.

yep could be quite out of this world conditions - scenery will look fab - we will enjoy playing in it - BUT - life will get harder - and lots will end up in A & E with broken this and that after falls on the snow and ice, as if they aren't already overrun enough already - challenging conditions indeed - and if protracted - could cause lots of problems

Posted
3 minutes ago, georgiedre said:

We won't get a lot of snow in Wales due to no feed from the sea altough we may get low pressures pushing in from the SW that might be potent

if that little low that the gfs keeps showing for st david's day keeps showing up and attacks us in the right way giving us a blizzard - you'll be digging yourself out for days lol:cold::cold:

Edited by andymusic

Posted
9 hours ago, andymusic said:

Derek's forecast tonight - laughable - he knows what's coming next week - and he doesn't even drop a hint - only to say - it'll get a tad colder towards the weekend - and he flippin knows what's around the corner - but got his silly grin on his face - unless he's been told not to panic anyone - gotta be honest - we need a warning even this far out - it's gonna get very nasty - bitterly cold and potential for one hell of a pasting - you'd swear tonight the forecast he just did - we're in the middle of summer and there's nowt to worry about lol

As a public service broadcaster they aren't going to cause unnecessary panic. If this continues into the end of the week we will be seeing stronger forecasts.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

As a public service broadcaster they aren't going to cause unnecessary panic. If this continues into the end of the week we will be seeing stronger forecasts.

flippin hope so - we know what's coming - the general public are blissfully unaware and getting ready to fire up their bbqs as spring is around the corner lol

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

These are the best charts I`ve ever seen in the computer age this is going to be massive.

MASSIVE - GINORMOUS - BITTERLY SIBERIAN COLD - and flippin snowy as hell - well hell on a cold day lol:cold::cold: - could see this coming a mile off - that 50p bet's looking good now lol

• Like 1