Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 hour ago, judowidow said:

Not looking good for me with surgery booked I’m Morriston on the 27th, I love snow but can we delay a week. I’ve been waiting 15 months now. Will be a hairy drive down the heads of the valley

if this happens nobody will be going anywhere from around 26th onwards possibly

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, judowidow said:

Not looking good for me with surgery booked I’m Morriston on the 27th, I love snow but can we delay a week. I’ve been waiting 15 months now. Will be a hairy drive down the heads of the valley

Hope everything works out ok and wish you a speedy recovery 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
2 minutes ago, Gerryhattrick said:

Hope everything works out ok and wish you a speedy recovery 

I know what you mean i cant drive now ....but hated it when it got colder.....fingers crossed for you 

• Like 1

Posted

I think you'll be ok, it will get colder the end of the week into next but not to the extremity of what the charts are showing in my opinion.  Plus we won't get heavy snow from an easterly, only when the milder air tries to get in from the atlantic and even then the snow would by transitory.

• Like 1

Posted

There' No way we will see those uppers (-15's). Too early to say about snow. Depends on flow direction

Edited by PompeyFC

Posted
8 hours ago, A Frayed Knot said:

sort of but really it's coming from SIBERIA lol - but on this morning's ecm will switch around to be from the Artic from St David's day onwards - so easterly to northerly:cold::cold:  - this morning's GFS - brutal cold from Siberia also - and snowaplenty starting next week once the dry bitter cold has moved in - deadly set up, as the ground will be frozen ready to accept the dry powdery snowy goodness lol:cold::cold:

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted

25th Feb - 6 days away

gfs-2-156.png?0

26th Feb

gfs-2-186.png?0

27th Feb

gfs-2-210.png?0

28th Feb

gfs-2-228.png?0

1st March St David's day

gfs-2-252.png?0

2nd March

gfs-2-264.png?0

gfs-2-276.png?0

3rd March

gfs-2-288.png?0

snowmageddon potential for a week or so

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Well if I ever had to do a forecast for the next few weeks this would b it, talk about sitting on the fence and giving every weather type a mention lol. That is not as good as it was a few days ago for the potential of heavy snow but let's c if we can get the cold in first and then c if any surprises turn up.

Screenshot_20180219-081641.png

Screenshot_20180219-081656.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Well if I ever had to do a forecast for the next few weeks this would b it, talk about sitting on the fence and giving every weather type a mention lol. That is not as good as it was a few days ago for the potential of heavy snow but let's c if we can get the cold in first and then c if any surprises turn up.

Screenshot_20180219-081641.png

Screenshot_20180219-081656.png

nope - they are saying exactly what the models are showing - snow for the uk next week once the cold sets in by the end of this week which could go on well into the 1st/2nd week of march before possible milder weather returns - but it may not go that quick - ie could extend even further into march due to the depth of cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

25th Feb - 6 days away

gfs-2-156.png?0

26th Feb

gfs-2-186.png?0

27th Feb

gfs-2-210.png?0

28th Feb

gfs-2-228.png?0

1st March St David's day

gfs-2-252.png?0

2nd March

gfs-2-264.png?0

gfs-2-276.png?0

3rd March

gfs-2-288.png?0

snowmageddon potential for a week or so

OMG Andy - that looks like non-stop heavy snow for much of Wales from the 1st to the 3rd March!!  That would bring some serious accumulations in places and might hang around for a bit, too, if air temperatures stay low.  If only those conditions could continue to be modelled up to the 28th..... But somehow I think by then it will have changed because there has been a growing tendency by the models to move the coldest air south into Europe.  Even so, we stand to get some record breaking weather out of these conditions one way or another - I would love to see more than just a centimetre or two of snow for a change.

• Like 2

Posted

GFS 12z St David's Day Blizzard is back - it's corker - drifting snow every where - OMG

starts next Monday night into Tuesday - but we'll already had a sprinkling of snow next sunday

gfs-2-192.png?12

gfs-2-198.png?12

gfs-2-210.png?12

st david's day blizzard with a nasty low coming up from the south - south west

starts on the 28th feb

gfs-2-222.png?12

gfs-2-228.png?12

gfs-2-234.png?12

this run it switches back to rain - but with the depth of cold modelled i'm not exactly sure it'll happen like that - freezing air the likes we are seeing will be a bugger to shift once it sets in

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

ECM 12z one of best runs it’s ever had. Would be a historic cold spell if true. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I've just been catching up in the model thread. WOW! If this comes off it is going to be epic! Don't think I've ever seen charts like this and the models in agreement too. Very very exciting times for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

It will get bitterly cold for sure if any of those models were to come off today but especially the ECM! Just have to hope for some surprises in terms of snowfall for us in the south and west of the UK. Very exciting times coming up! We have waited a long time for something like this after all.  

Posted
1 minute ago, DeepSnow said:

It will get bitterly cold for sure if any of those models were to come off today but especially the ECM! Just have to hope for some surprises in terms of snowfall for us in the south and west of the UK. Very exciting times coming up! We have waited a long time for something like this after all.  

not too long - 2010 was the epic last time - so only about 8 years - and if the sun keeps losing it's solar energy etc - there maybe more of this to come in the years ahead of us - the sun is defo responsible for changing our weather - it gets a little less active we shiver - simples

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day 10
On 18/02/2018 at 18:49, andymusic said:

if this happens nobody will be going anywhere from around 26th onwards possibly

Nobody? Are we talking down to sea level?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
28 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Siberian temps - what do you think Magic?

Although it will be bitterly cold,western parts will be mainly dry as all the good stuff will be in eastern and central parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

That met office extended 6-30 days forecast is the best I've ever seen tbh

The weekend will be mostly dry, with frost and freezing fog patches clearing to give cold days with sunny spells. Snow flurries may develop across eastern and southern areas where a brisk easterly wind will make it feel bitterly cold. It may be less cold in the far northwest with some rain possible. Into next week it is likely to turn colder with brisk easterly winds, giving a significant wind chill, especially in the south and east. This will give the risk of further snow flurries, which may become heavier and more widespread. There is also the risk of more significant snow pushing northeastwards across southern and some central areas. The north and west will be brighter, and it may be less cold across the far northwest at times.

Posted

Okay, i've really tried not to do this to myself again but can't help it with what we are seeing on the model runs.

I have fallen off the fence and getting really excited by the prospect of the cold coming in, any snow we will have to wait and see what happens but sure we will see something at some point. 

:yahoo::drunk-emoji: Cheers

giphy-downsized.gif

• Like 1