Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 minute ago, KidCarm said:

Haha, i'm only in Llanelli and didn't feel anything.  Jut seen people on FB talking about it and didn't know what they were all on about.

It depends on the type of rock that you're on and also what lies between your location and the epicentre. Also, if you're drunk or unconscious you may not feel a thing. :D

Posted
3 minutes ago, Buzz said:

It depends on the type of rock that you're on and also what lies between your location and the epicentre. Also, if you're drunk or unconscious you may not feel a thing. :D

didn't feel nowt yer - but we are sitting on top of a 240m mountain - so maybe that gave us a lovely cushion of rock lol

Posted

"Beast from East causes Earth Quake shock" lol sorry could not resist with all this easterly talk. On that matter models are looking kind of biblical of late could be a good or bad event if it happens.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Buzz said:

I was a little drunk last night but think i'm ok now, haha.  At the times of the first reports - i was hoovering around that time so may be that's why i didn't feel anything or the builders fitted shock absorbers under the house when they built it. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
27 minutes ago, Buzz said:

Quake epicentre:

My husband said he felt his shed move.....

27 minutes ago, KidCarm said:

Haha, i'm only in Llanelli and didn't feel anything.  Jut seen people on FB talking about it and didn't know what they were all on about.

These latest model runs are making me a tad excited, but i must keep it in check, I refuse to believe anything like that can happen until it's nearer the time.  But it's hard not to get excited by those runs even if they are a little too extreme.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
21 minutes ago, andymusic said:

didn't feel nowt yer - but we are sitting on top of a 240m mountain - so maybe that gave us a lovely cushion of rock lol

My son said he felt it in his bedroom his chair shook

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I called my daughter as soon as I felt it, but she hadn't felt a thing. She had the dog on her bed chewing his bone, his vibrations overpowered the tremor. Lol

I felt 2 distinctive movements. I think you needed to be sat still, with no distractions, to notice it. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, Clair_Witch said:

I called my daughter as soon as I felt it, but she hadn't felt a thing. She had the dog on her bed chewing his bone, his vibrations overpowered the tremor. Lol

I felt 2 distinctive movements. I think you needed to be sat still, with no distractions, to notice it. 

That depends - for example, I both heard it and felt it (at first I was sitting, then standing as I got up to look out of the door to see if a large and very heavy lorry was driving past).

Posted
1 minute ago, Buzz said:

That depends - for example, I both heard it and felt it (at first I was sitting, then standing as I got up to look out of the door to see if a large and very heavy lorry was driving past).

Yes but the sofa swung left and right lol,and for a secound blind panic lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Re: the forecasted easterly - those in the east may be rubbing their hands in expectation and they might well be the first to see any snow, but here in Wales it looks like we will get among the lowest overnight temperatures....

image.thumb.gif.e5ddfb58ab1a95b11015757643bdf49c.gif . image.thumb.gif.acaaae5c323a6559a3e68c9a4d3d67b2.gif

image.thumb.gif.1f9fa1f7aabb2eacd2decae15dd710d7.gif   image.thumb.gif.9ad23c7b2eea0164a4145ece1cbcbc33.gif

if these temperatures continue to drop, and hang around long enough, then we can expect some epic snowfall when any Atlantic fronts try to move in from the west later....

• Like 1

Posted

todays gfs 12z - having a laugh - always thinks it can bulldoze flippin freezing cold air out the way - no chance - mild outlier around 240 plus - naughty gfs lol

Posted

ECM 12z - steady as she goes and as cold as ice - so we have earthquakes, we got an easterly with a SIBERIAN edge coming at us with BLIZZARDS - just waiting for the plague of locusts, rivers running with blood etc etc - then it's all over lol lol:cold::cold:

• Like 1

Posted

18z - gfs - ditto - brill - sorted - bitter - Siberian - snowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - all altitudes - don't know what else to say lol:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

Posted
18 minutes ago, andymusic said:

18z - gfs - ditto - brill - sorted - bitter - Siberian - snowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - all altitudes - don't know what else to say lol:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

Downgrades soon i say '  it will not happen ' been down that path so many times ' watch this space .:wallbash:

Posted
1 minute ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Downgrades soon i say '  it will not happen ' been down that path so many times ' watch this space .:wallbash:

nope - on course for a bitter snowy time

Posted
14 minutes ago, andymusic said:

nope - on course for a bitter snowy time

Well i hope you are right this time mate ' Mad Thread are hopeful and some great charts kicking out ' But still a week away , when do you think we shall start seeing a turn to the weather and some of that white stuff ?

Posted
3 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Well i hope you are right this time mate ' Mad Thread are hopeful and some great charts kicking out ' But still a week away , when do you think we shall start seeing a turn to the weather and some of that white stuff ?

around the 26th Feb is very possible

Posted
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

around the 26th Feb is very possible

See ' 8 days away ' anything can happen from now to then . i ain't having any of it ' be all toys throwing out of the pram soon ' i bet you a £1 on it and not 50p .

Posted

I felt the earthquake, I was having lunch in a pub in Aberdare. My husbands chair moved and the bottles behind the bar moved. ( the bottles swinging and moving was so weird)  I felt a shake and thought a car had gone in to the pub. 

• Like 1

Posted

gfs 00z - all on course - steady as she goes captain lol

This morning's ECM is a STUNNER - WOWZERS

1st signs of some light snow precip a week today now in the cold bitter easterly winds - getting closer

gfs-2-168.png?0

here's comes the atlantic from the south west - dumping all it's snowy goodness out in low res

gfs-2-216.png?0

gfs-2-222.png?0

gfs-2-228.png?0

gfs-2-234.png?0

Edited by andymusic

Posted
19 minutes ago, andymusic said:

latest

gfs-2-192.png?12

st david's day blizzard

gfs-2-264.png?12

gfs-2-276.png?12

gfs-2-300.png?12

Not looking good for me with surgery booked I’m Morriston on the 27th, I love snow but can we delay a week. I’ve been waiting 15 months now. Will be a hairy drive down the heads of the valley