Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

CRIKEY!  Next week we might get a 48 hour spell with NO RAIN!   That's got to be worth waiting for!  Maybe an early sign of Spring???  It would be great to be able to step outside with no puddles!  Whether or not the cold gets here, what I want right now is DRY!  (Followed by frost.  Then snow.   Obviously).

Edited by Sky Full
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Avoid the MAD thread going nuts in there at the moment, plenty of one liners and booms, toys out of pram tomorrow morning me thinks!

• Like 1

Posted
Posted
Posted

And me lol there has been something brewing all winter roar on GLOBAL Warming!!lets have some pretty pictures image.thumb.png.e8b5645ae6eae522313434fdbf45065f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

And me lol there has been something brewing all winter roar on GLOBAL Warming!!lets have some pretty pictures image.thumb.png.e8b5645ae6eae522313434fdbf45065f.png

where's my shovel lol

Posted

woo hoo just seen the weather on bbc news channel and the presenter said after sunday things turning colder again as winds swing around from an easterly direction.this is what we have been waiting for all winter,all we need now is some decent snow to go with the easterly and it will be a proper winter at last.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, butters said:

woo hoo just seen the weather on bbc news channel and the presenter said after sunday things turning colder again as winds swing around from an easterly direction.this is what we have been waiting for all winter,all we need now is some decent snow to go with the easterly and it will be a proper winter at last.

told ya - don't worry an atlantic front from the west or south west will dump the snow or a front from the east - it's coming and all altitudes will be in the firing line

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
5 minutes ago, andymusic said:

told ya - don't worry an atlantic front from the west or south west will dump the snow or a front from the east - it's coming and all altitudes will be in the firing line

Oh no need to get the supplies in........

Posted
15 minutes ago, lindy2222 said:

Oh no need to get the supplies in........

not gonna happen just yet - this will be a slow burner - as the high sets up middle of next week and easterlies kick off - it'll be dry to begin with but cold and will get colder as time goes on - think as we go into the following week is when supplies should be looked at as then potential dumpings could show up, and as the air will be bitter - it could stay on the ground for some time - details sketchy right now - but the way both the ecm and gfs are looking right now - this is gonna be epic - 2010 style I think - so yes getting prepared will be important but the dumpings of snow most likely will not occur until we are into the 2nd week/end of feb around st david's day

on this mornings run - and as I said details will change - the 27th feb is when the snowy problems could begin - and the bitter cold will have settled in by then

gfs-2-252.png?0

pretty much keeps snowing out to the end of the run

gfs-2-360.png?0

but that's the general idea - and most of that snow is coming in from the east - potentially we could have a breakdown or a number of breakdowns where the atlantic trys to get in but fails and then dumps even more on us - the potential in this set up is ENORMOUS - and should not be underestimated - feet of snow and hanging around could very well be possible - some forecasters going with a "WILD MARCH"

Edited by andymusic

Posted

We need to block 99 percent of model thread down grade upgrade downgrade bla bla bla ,Wintry weather kicks in next weekend ,and should last at least 10 days with severe night frost ,We may well see cold records  start to fall ,when we get  the snow cover.image.thumb.png.878952bf79973d0dd0d612b3fb5539c9.png

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
1 hour ago, keithlucky said:

We need to block 99 percent of model thread down grade upgrade downgrade bla bla bla ,Wintry weather kicks in next weekend ,and should last at least 10 days with severe night frost ,We may well see cold records  start to fall ,when we get  the snow cover.image.thumb.png.878952bf79973d0dd0d612b3fb5539c9.png

Keith pretty much stopped going into the mad thread - it's just a noise at times, quite clear where we're going and the prospects are amazing - don't have time for them right now - what with the winter Olympics on and my busy business

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

No rain forecast for here today and the driest of the weekend, well I can tell u it hasn't stopped raining all morning

Posted

GFS 6z - WELCOME TO THE NEW FLIPPIN ICE AGE - this is concerning - that run is stupid and INSANE - we'll be digging ourselves out up here into the summer at this rate - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Was a stunner for 850s. Not getting excited until middle of next week. But certainly looks interesting. There will be more ups and downs I reckon 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Same here in Cardiff. House shook for couple of seconds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I just felt it here in Cardiff and lots of people talking about it on Facebook too. 

Posted

Haha, i'm only in Llanelli and didn't feel anything.  Jut seen people on FB talking about it and didn't know what they were all on about.

These latest model runs are making me a tad excited, but i must keep it in check, I refuse to believe anything like that can happen until it's nearer the time.  But it's hard not to get excited by those runs even if they are a little too extreme.