Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Hopefully sunday will bring in more organised showers for a time as we've had bad luck so far with these showers with most areas having a dusting at best.

Posted

Looks like a cold dry day for us on the south west coast on Sunday which isn't a bad thing after all the rain coming in tomorrow but looks like the snow showers will come in from the mid Wales coast up moving to the southeast bypassing the south west quarter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Another day and a weekend day with low single figure digits and rain, bring on the spring I've had enough of this winter now The cold rain is getting to me 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, freeze for all said:

Another day and a weekend day with low single figure digits and rain, bring on the spring I've had enough of this winter now The cold rain is getting to me 

don't think this cold is gonna let up until way into March - so if you want spring warmth - fly south - and besides cold rain - there'll be more snow incoming shortly I've no doubt

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Many parts of Wales in the firing line for possible snow on the following days in the coming week:

Sunday:                                                           Tuesday

sunday.thumb.png.1de1695427a62affea3f3b2b47d41970.png       tuesday.thumb.png.e6522251f9a2649c30bb5186991530cf.png

Wednesday                                                    Thursday

wednesday.thumb.png.926afc77a8b61f7e08e6de6d2a391a64.png        thursday.thumb.png.ef3909bef0cecd5dd386dae54238530b.png

This does not include random wintry showers almost anywhere.  The charts show just a probability at this stage - not definite yet by any means - but the winter of 2017/18 hasn't been uneventful for Wales and continues to deliver some interest this week.  Of course there is the longer term prospect of even more severe conditions later in the month but this still has to be verified and I will wait until we are within 24/48 hours of the events before getting too excited.  Right now we are back to moderate to heavy driving rain in quite strong westerly winds - again - and I will be happy when this eases up!

• Like 2

Posted

euro4 a little underwhelming for tomorrow - but beeb/meteogroup forecasts going for frequent wintry/snowy showers - lets see who's right tomorrow shall we

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Su 11.02.2018 06 GMT

met office latest - ICY

Yellow Warning of Ice for Wales : Bridgend, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Neath Port Talbot, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Vale of Glamorgan, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Monmouthshire, Newport & Torfaen valid from 0300 Sun 11 Feb to 1000 Sun 11 Feb
Edited by andymusic

Posted
2 hours ago, freeze for all said:

sorry I didn't have better news for you

UK Outlook for Saturday 24 Feb 2018 to Saturday 10 Mar 2018:

Through the remainder of February it will stay cold but the weather may be drier and more settled with widespread frost overnight. This could last for a while, with a greater chance of easterly winds which will bring some very cold weather at times. Into early March, the cold weather is likely to continue, although we may see some short-lived changeable spells bringing the risk of snow in places. With the cold weather persisting, temperatures are likely to remain below normal throughout.

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Powys & Wrexham valid from 0005 Sun 11 Feb to 2355 Sun 11 Feb
Edited by andymusic

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

don't think this cold is gonna let up until way into March - so if you want spring warmth - fly south - and besides cold rain - there'll be more snow incoming shortly I've no doubt

Cold and snow is what I want but dry cold would b just as Good or even dry for that matter. This rubbish we've been having lately is really starting to grip my sh## cos every weekend its raining 

• Like 2

Posted

Yeh, i'm not so sure of this epic cold that's incoming following this SSW.  I only take notice of a few posters in the MOD thread and there seems to be more and more caution as each day passes from them that's it's not going to go the way they initially thought it would.  Hope i'm wrong and we get a load of snow, but i'm not getting my hopes up just yet.  This week looks good for snow showers falling, more frequent and prolonged the further north you go.  It'll be messy week though with max temps of 7 or 8 degrees any snow that has stuck will soon disappear in between showers. 

All we can do is wait and see but if we are not going to get this winter wonderland, i'd rather have a blast of early spring warmth and dry the garden out.

Edited by KidCarm
typos

Posted

tomorrow morning - set your alarm clocks (MOBILES) lol

gfs-2-18.png?12

cold and snowy day tomorrow me-thinks

gfs-2-30.png?12

could be a dumping Tuesday morning now

gfs-2-66.png?12

• Like 1

Posted

gfs 12z by next weekend we get locked into a perishingly cold easterly which could deliver all kinds of snowy wintry nirvana

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, valejack said:

Is there much chance of Swansea area having any snow tomorrow been a bit of a let down for last few years tbh.

wintry weather will be on and off this week but once we get to next weekend I think we'll be locked into very cold air, which could deliver all over Wales even down on the coast

Posted
27 minutes ago, andymusic said:

wintry weather will be on and off this week but once we get to next weekend I think we'll be locked into very cold air, which could deliver all over Wales even down on the coast

Hope you are right Andy.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

could be looking at the snowiest and coldest scenes since 2010

gfs-2-252.png?12

gfs-2-276.png?12

gfs-2-288.png?12

gfs-2-300.png?12

gfs-2-312.png?12

gfs-2-324.png?12

gfs-2-336.png?12

I'm sure this was said about the cold spell the beginning of last week and we know how that turned out

• Like 2

Posted

who wants some snow from this easterly right down to the beaches of Wales lol

gfs-2-216.png?18

in by the bucket load of the dry powdery snow - not the slushy stuff lol

gfs-2-228.png?18

gfs-2-234.png?18

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Sorry but i cant stand these PPN charts they are inaccurate, especially 216hrs out !

• Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Sorry but i cant stand these PPN charts they are inaccurate, especially 216hrs out !

I do understand where you are coming from for the winter we've had so far but this has been building up to this with some very strong background signals, I see no reason for this not to come off, just watch it take shape this week and then get under way at the weekend into next week

• Like 2

Posted

I see a reason for it not to come off - in 10 years of being on here I've seen Strat warmings and MJO combining plus professionals on here saying it WILL happen to potentially give superb charts this far out right down to 144 hours only to see it disappear at 96 hours.  Remember THAT ECM a few years ago, nothing came of it.  If its still there at T96 I'll believe it and not until.  Easterlies are notorious for disappearing in the short to mid range.  That said I am optimistic but I am not getting my hopes up as I have my fingers burnt many times

Posted
8 hours ago, andymusic said:

tomorrow morning - set your alarm clocks (MOBILES) lol

gfs-2-18.png?12

cold and snowy day tomorrow me-thinks

gfs-2-30.png?12

could be a dumping Tuesday morning now

gfs-2-66.png?12

The Euro 4 certainly does not agree :(