Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

And somehow managed to miss the snow, bar 10mins of the lightest snow flurry I've seen ? I had hoped for something a bit more if im honest. Oh well. Hopefully I will see one actual proper snowfall with atleast an inch of snow on the ground before the season is over! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but wind & rain

Had Snow showers on and off all afternoon to wet to stick but showers getting going again and have a covering here, hopefully the dangler gets going again tonight and drops the hammer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Pembrokeshire dangler coming back to life in past half hour

Posted

It's not like a normal Pembrokeshire dangler as it seems to be restricted to us in NW Wales . It's been snowing on and off in the area for 3 hrs mostly graupel. Roads are extremely icy with black ice everywhere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter

Snow over night woke up to another 2 inches or so this morning, very cold and light winds here in BF. filled in the thaw from yesterday lunchtime looks very good out there. :)

• Like 3

Posted

Snowing again here, moderate snowfall. Picture below is from 10am yesterday morning needless to say it is a lot deeper coverage now. Pity it is all going to thaw tonight/tomorrow.

IMG_0811 (1).JPG

Thick frost here this morning, pity we didn't have this before the snow fell yesterday as it might have stuck around longer.

10 hours ago, Jayne aka Pembsgal said:

snow!!!!!!

2D345F43-03E4-4525-8ACC-5221F3258925.jpeg

C5013B57-95FC-4AF8-91A7-ED7D39D2D18C.jpeg

Lovely photos.

Edited by J10

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

this Friday? - thought it was gonna be rain

gfs-2-42.png?12

Sunday

gfs-2-102.png?12

next week

gfs-2-186.png?12

Met very postive for snow prospects Friday with heavy snow showers,normally its heavy wintery showers , but with -8 uppers a bloody cold west wind lol expect heavy snow showers Sunday expect more weather warnings to be upgraded ,exciting weather watchingAnd now a little pray for THUNDER SNOW LOL.image.thumb.png.fb9bef129d76f10175de57fb14d560e3.pngimage.thumb.png.610b030866d9ce43a406e7ccc1d52693.png

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Not seeing much interest Friday regarding snow. Looks mainly dry bar the odd isolated snow/sleet shower on Euro4 hi res. We’ll see though. More chances Sunday and Monday/Tuesday too. Then we got the potential SSW impacts

FF13C87C-4E3E-45AE-B0BE-562B5EA96B54.gif

0192B3CC-5A53-46FB-88FE-D2E8A6C88B73.gif

• Like 2

Posted

Covering of snow in Tenby this morning (which is something like a one in 6 or 7 year event, I'd estimate) and a couple of proper snow showers this morning that were a joy to be out in (pretty hairy driving The Ridgeway early on; more like a bob-sled track in places).

Preselis looked like they had a good covering too.

Beats the rain anyway!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Back to wet, dreary, cloudy conditions this morning. Ugh.  Can't complain too much though as yesterday was a truly wintery snowy day with some sparkling sun too.  Could do with more like that but at least we did get some proper snow this year.

Posted

oooooooooh yer we go lol

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Wrexham, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Monmouthshire, Powys, Pembrokeshire, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Bridgend, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Swansea, Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan & Isle of Anglesey valid from 0005 Fri 09 Feb to 1200 Fri 09 Feb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
6 minutes ago, andymusic said:

oooooooooh yer we go lol

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Wrexham, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Monmouthshire, Powys, Pembrokeshire, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Bridgend, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Swansea, Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan & Isle of Anglesey valid from 0005 Fri 09 Feb to 1200 Fri 09 Feb

Tbh I take these with a pinch of salt lately, we've had more warnings this winter than we have in the previous 10 winters and not once has the warning been worth it. These days a bit of wind, rain, snow flurry or frost and it's warning central!! I do think sometimes has forecasting actually advanced in the last 15 years

Posted
1 minute ago, freeze for all said:

Tbh I take these with a pinch of salt lately, we've had more warnings this winter than we have in the previous 10 winters and not once has the warning been worth it. These days a bit of wind, rain, snow flurry or frost and it's warning central!! I do think sometimes has forecasting actually advanced in the last 15 years

I go along a little with what you say - but out to the general public not us crazy weather guys - a bit of ice and snow can cause havoc and lots of A&E visits due to temperatures and also road accidents and pathway slips, so the warnings aren't just for us weather geeks - they are for the general public to take notice of

Posted
15 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

The MetO guys are dammed if they do dammed if they don't . There is a chance of snow showers tomorrow morning and one or two could be heavy. So I would suggest that they are perfectly correct to warn of the possibility and remember on the web site warning there will be a probability matrix to try and qualify the threat.

Would I be right in thinking that you have been less than impressed with the results in your location for previous warnings? I hope you have better luck this time. :)