Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
19 hours ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I know. I'll just stay out of the model thread from now on. At least we have a laugh in here.

Looking at what weather station to buy - any ideas? Only a basic one.

http://www.weatherspares.co.uk/ventus-w830-weather-station-with-wifi-internet-connection-542-p.asp

this is mine, it is great. You can access it from your mobile to keep track . Very impressed with it, as with the customer service from Weather

Spares

• Thanks 1

Posted

Very interesting 6/30 day outlook from the Met Office .:cold:

UK Outlook for Saturday 10 Feb 2018 to Monday 19 Feb 2018:

Saturday is expected to start cold, dry and largely fine, although a little hill snow is possible at first in the southeast. A band of rain, sleet and snow is expected in the northwest later, moving southeast through Sunday with colder, showery conditions then following. Thereafter, much of this period will remain colder than normal, with the risk of snow as further frontal systems bump into the cold air and stall across the UK. In-between, there will be a mixture of sunny spells and wintry showers with the strongest winds in the north and west. Where winds fall light, there will be widespread overnight frost. Towards the end of this period, it may turn more settled bringing increasingly prolonged drier weather, with frost and fog becoming more widespread.:friends:

UK Outlook for Tuesday 20 Feb 2018 to Tuesday 6 Mar 2018:

Through the rest of February it will remain cold but the weather may be more settled with widespread frost overnight. :cold:This looks set to last for a while with a greater chance of easterly winds:yahoo:, potentially bringing some very cold weather. However, into the beginning of March, it may turn more changeable at times, although any milder and wetter spells may be fairly short-lived with temperatures generally staying colder than normal.:drinks:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but wind & rain
13 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Tu 06.02.2018 12 GMT

Seems a bit more intense on the euro 4 12Z possibly picking up moisture off the Irish sea as it crosses? Looks like the showers are going to pile after the weather front so 2 bites at the cherry tomorrow that doesn't happen often.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Pembrokeshire looks to be in decent location for tomorrow. Precip arrives as all snow early morning and heaviest here. Then it gets less cold temporarily before more snow showers in evening off northerly wind. 

Shame im in Cardiff. Here it looks like we will definitely see falling snow tomorrow, but the front looks to decay quite quickly over SE Wales. Light and patchy by the time it reaches here. Most in Wales look to see some snow tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

Will this  just be a rain event near coasts of north west wales again? Anyone??

Edited by dyl232

Posted
On 04/02/2018 at 20:12, Jayfromcardiff said:

Thanks Steve. Any idea on price?

Cheers

Sorry Jay I've tried posting links to Amazon for you but I'm on the iPad and I'm useless with it I'm afraid, just go into amazon and type in Netatmo and you'll find all the different modules.i really enjoy it but it's not the cheapest one about for sure

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Why does it only ever snow when I'm in work? If only the snow would come a few hours earlier so I could try and pull a fast one and say it was too far to travel to Cardiff in the snow :D It will be nice to see some falling snow again. If it happens.  

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Why does it only ever snow when I'm in work? If only the snow would come a few hours earlier so I could try and pull a fast one and say it was too far to travel to Cardiff in the snow :D It will be nice to see some falling snow again. If it happens.  

Hopefully the front keeps intensity and all forecasts are wrong about it breaking up lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

The front looks very weak, any chance the irish sea will intensify it or are we looking at light snow at best?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Light snow at best that's if it even makes it this far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
16 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

The front looks very weak, any chance the irish sea will intensify it or are we looking at light snow at best?

Some of the high res models do intensify it a bit as it approaches the west coast, though I just have a nagging feeling I will wake up early to see a very fragmented front. Here's hoping for some luck for once!! 

Posted

Looks to me as if the band has intensified a bit in the last 30 minutes (especially to the southeast of ireland), picking up moisture oversea?

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
12 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Tu 06.02.2018 12 GMT

Big upgrade for Pembs! Looks the place to be tomorrow!

Posted
11 hours ago, bradythemole said:

Pembrokeshire looks to be in decent location for tomorrow. Precip arrives as all snow early morning and heaviest here. Then it gets less cold temporarily before more snow showers in evening off northerly wind. 

Shame im in Cardiff. Here it looks like we will definitely see falling snow tomorrow, but the front looks to decay quite quickly over SE Wales. Light and patchy by the time it reaches here. Most in Wales look to see some snow tomorrow.

Front is  picking up moisture from the irish sea west Wales look good for a covering ,we need to watch shower activity after midnight,as showers increase   in the Noth west flow.

Posted

Llyn Ogwen webcam in Snowdonia shows a covering. 

Yesterday was unbroken sunshine with snow capped mountain... yet down the road in Capel-Curig according to met office was cloudy all day, an inversion?

IMG_3600.thumb.jpg.18de851c1a101283fb4d5e21ccd4de74.jpg

Posted
3 minutes ago, Peter A said:

Now snowing lightly in Tenby, not a very common occurrance!

Good to hear will take another 4 hours to get here looking at the radar!