Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Fingers crossed that it all don't dissipate ' going to watch the beeb forecast now and then see what countryfile forecast has on offer ' looking quite a cold week with snow for most parts of the UK .

:hi:

1 minute ago, andymusic said:

I'll be honest the latest bbc forecasts going for a more underwhelming outcome for Tuesday, so we shall see who is right very shortly - euro 4 looks good/gfs looks good, yes the front does dissipate but hopefully not before it dumps a few cms/an inch or two on Wales please lol

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I'm back from my 24 hour ban. Safe to say I won't be posting much anymore as I can't even have my own opinion in the model thread.

I noticed that your post was deleted almost straight away. A 24 hour ban is a bit heavy just for that!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I'm back from my 24 hour ban. Safe to say I won't be posting much anymore as I can't even have my own opinion in the model thread.

sorry to hear that Jay - it can be brutal around here - don't stay away mate - you've been around too long on this thread - we'll all miss ya

Posted
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

sorry to hear that Jay - it can be brutal around here - don't stay away mate - you've been around too long on this thread - we'll all miss ya

I know. I'll just stay out of the model thread from now on. At least we have a laugh in here.

Looking at what weather station to buy - any ideas? Only a basic one.

Posted

I know. I'll just stay out of the model thread from now on. At least we have a laugh in here.

I think Maplins used to sell a few - check online for them

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Tuesday's event is going to have minimal effect guys - just a few flurries at best. Don;t get any hopes up.

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
59 minutes ago, andymusic said:

I'll be honest the latest bbc forecasts going for a more underwhelming outcome for Tuesday, so we shall see who is right very shortly - euro 4 looks good/gfs looks good, yes the front does dissipate but hopefully not before it dumps a few cms/an inch or two on Wales please lol

Its not only the Euro4 that keeps the intensification up a little more, there is a trend within a few of the other high resolution models (HIRLAM & WRF NMM 0.05). Must stress however, that even with these 'improvements' no major accumulations are expected. Pembrokeshire may suffer from the precipitation turning to sleet and even rain on the back edge due to somewhat marginal dew points & 850pha temperature combined with light precipitation. Southern coasts may also suffer from the precipitation turning more sleety but shouldn't be too much of an issue. Overall prediction is for 0.5 - 3cm widely with more slushy accumulation along the pembrokeshire coastline.  

Posted
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

The Netatmo is great Jay  not professional quality stuff obviously but you can view your local data on your phone or I pad from anywhere and add modules when you want I ve had great fun with mine

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

The Netatmo is great Jay  not professional quality stuff obviously but you can view your local data on your phone or I pad from anywhere and add modules when you want I ve had great fun with mine

Thanks Steve. Any idea on price?

Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds

Thanks Steve. Any idea on price?

Cheers

Its expensive, more of a high end budget product. Doubtful you will find it under £100 (Which is basic model). It is very good though, does have good number of parameters it measures. You can also view the temperatures that other models are reading across the country which is very helpful in marginal snow situations for example.

Posted
18020612_0412.gif

a Interesting streamer behind the front worth keeping an eye on lets see how the fax chartl later  shows it.

Edited by keithlucky
http://expert-images.images-weatheronline.com/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2018/02/04/basis12/ukuk/prty/18020612_0412.gif

Posted
6 hours ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Is this front slow moving and will it be light or heavy or in between @andymusic also what time will it arrive here and how long will it stay for .

About 3am Tuesday a few weather warnings after that as snow showers move in ,and its back the to radar watching Tuesday night Wednesday, Following a band of rain, sleet and snow, clearing southeastwards, rain, sleet and snow showers are likely to increasingly affect western parts of the UK. Snow showers are likely to be frequent in western Scotland and northern Northern Ireland, where hail and thunder are also possible. These will gradually fade overnight Tuesday into Wednesday, with icy stretches developing as skies clear, particularly where early snow has melted and then refrozen overnight. 0.5-3, locally 5 cm of snow is likely at low levels, with some places above 200 m seeing 7-10 cm. As is usually the case with showers, not everywhere within the warning area will see them, and along immediate coastal fringes exposed to the northwest, they may fall predominantly as rain.

Posted

snowing very lightly here now - beautiful sunrise - red sky in the morning - shepherd's WARNING (or someone's house is on fire?) - oooooooooooooooh

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Mo 05.02.2018 06 GMT

for tomorrow

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Tu 06.02.2018 12 GMT

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Snowing here too, teeny tiny flakes and teeny tiny flurries

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter

Snowing lightly here in Blaenau Ffestiniog nothing to write home about but never the less is is snowing. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

meto latest

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Bridgend, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Neath Port Talbot, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Swansea & Wrexham valid from 0500 Tue 06 Feb to 1000 Wed 07 Feb
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
7 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Cardiff down for heavy snow 9am tomorrow, believe it when I see it.

Question answered for you Jay.

it will snow in Cardiff ;)