Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
2 hours ago, Ukwoody said:

Had to smile today. Out at St Ishmaels and "walking" down the path were Mr and Mrs Blackbird.  Even as a bird watcher I have never seen two birds SO puffed up in all my life. Like little fluffy balloons blown up against the wind, Lol.

Bless them trying to stay warm in the cold wind... Within less than a minute this morning 6 of them 'marched' out of the undergrowth and proceeded to feast ! If they spent as much time eating as they do protecting 'their' food ! I love watching them and all the birds from the lounge window. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Had some reasonably heavy snowfall and now there is a covering of snow here. 

• Like 2

Posted

NO snow here on the Pembroke Coast, we did have a heavy hail shower just after 6pm this evening in less than an hour it was all gone. 

Temps today including the dew point have gone up and down like a yoyo... The promised wintery showers flowing across from Ireland has seen the Irish Sea devour most ! 

I do have to say the Met Office in regard to what they forecast were accurate for us and the Meteo radar has also been accurate in what we 'might' have received... 

Love living on this little island that is SO HARD sometimes to predict accurate weather for :D

Lets see what the next few days might bring?! 

Nothing like this pic from the 1982 Blizzard when we lived in Manorbier I'm sure... lol... :D

Manorbier 82 (10).jpg

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Ireland is hogging all the heaviest snow showers.

And best of luck to them Snowyowl9 I say...

At least some folk are having some fun out of this...

Not that I'm miffed at all :wink: sob sob ... lol... 

Our time will come I'm sure ! 

Just not sure what Year or Century!!! :D

Posted

Nice snow shower here has left a sprinkling

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, bluenose1000 said:

need something substantial now! 

think you might just get it with tomorrows low - dowlais has a covering tonight

Camera Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
23 minutes ago, bluenose1000 said:

all white over now nothing major. nice normal winter weather. 

Should be some more on the way in a little while looks like a band of snow is on it's way.

Posted

blustery winds and snow here now and another large shower incoming for South East Wales and piles of showers powering through north wales too

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted

So not going to happen with that front on the weekend , just watched the weather for the week ahead , going MILD onwards soon ' lots of lows and then another upon another with Jet stream on guard .Fpck it i give up ' roll on fucloking spring .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Can anyone tell me when this so called most potent North westerly we've had in years with snowmageddon is turning up?? Or has it just been and gone hahaha shocking

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
15 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Can anyone tell me when this so called most potent North westerly we've had in years with snowmageddon is turning up?? Or has it just been and gone hahaha shocking

It's gonna be March before we know and hoping next winter delivers- or promises and fails. Rinse repeat....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
48 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Wasn't even a North Westerly was it? More of a Westerly which gave us mostly rain and sleet. Yeah a little bit of snow last night but whoopdy do. Big deal.

I had a hunch this spell was going to fail to live up to all the hype. I fear we had the best of what winter has to offer in December.

• Like 1

Posted

not quite as bad as forecasted, and I know it wasn't us in the end - but places in Scotland and Ireland have had a right pasting - so this westerly/north westerly has delivered, but not quite to Wales, Ireland seemed to suck all the life out of the showers before they hit, well - you win some, you lose some, this time - winter is far from over yet though, end of Feb and then we still get ops right through to Easter, so no chucking the towel in yet - hurricane winds tonight with some more snow for north wales, more wintry showers after that

Posted
17 minutes ago, andymusic said:

not quite as bad as forecasted, and I know it wasn't us in the end - but places in Scotland and Ireland have had a right pasting - so this westerly/north westerly has delivered, but not quite to Wales, Ireland seemed to suck all the life out of the showers before they hit, well - you win some, you lose some, this time - winter is far from over yet though, end of Feb and then we still get ops right through to Easter, so no chucking the towel in yet - hurricane winds tonight with some more snow for north wales, more wintry showers after that

hurricane?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

hurricane?

70mph - we never call them hurricanes in this country but that's hurricane strength

maybe we'd all be happier moving here lol

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/thermometer-in-world’s-coldest-village-breaks-as-temperatures-plunge-to-62c/ar-AAuM9Hu?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

Edited by andymusic

Posted
8 minutes ago, andymusic said:

70mph - we never call them hurricanes in this country but that's hurricane strength

maybe we'd all be happier moving here lol

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/thermometer-in-world’s-coldest-village-breaks-as-temperatures-plunge-to-62c/ar-AAuM9Hu?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

In 2016, adventurer and photographer, Amos Chapple, spent five winter weeks working in the Yakutia region and described its living environment as “exhausting”.Oymyakon is served by just the one shop and its solitary school only shuts if temperatures dip below -52C.

Look I like cold as much as the next person, but not that much.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Look I like cold as much as the next person, but not that much.

agreed - a little snow and snowy scenery/fine - can deal with it and it's enjoyable - loads and -50c temps ridiculous/dangerous and downright hardwork just to exist in climates like that lol

Posted

mid wales still getting snowy showers right now which appear to be building up - this spell isn't over yet and the models won't have tied down what's gonna happen at the weekend just yet until tonight's low moves through