Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

GFS 12 z run - as from Tuesday next week - welcome back to the ICE AGE right to the end of the run - amazing - think it's stocking the cupboards up time

gfs-2-312.png?12

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

GFS 12 z run - as from Tuesday next week - welcome back to the ICE AGE right to the end of the run - amazing - think it's stocking the cupboards up time

gfs-2-312.png?12

Do we have an ETA on this ?

Posted
20 minutes ago, Missdolly said:

Do we have an ETA on this ?

starting Tuesday for at least 7 days but could be 2 weeks or more and even more severe cold in the 2nd week - but a bit far out to be sure, but is looking quite amazing right now

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
17 minutes ago, andymusic said:

if anyone hasn't seen this in the mad thread thought i'd re-post here

snow pot map.jpg

Terrible inaccurate  map! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and big wind

Hi all, my partner and I plus our 2 dogs have a week booked in a cottage in Tal-Y-Bont near Barmouth from next Saturday, do you think there is a chance of us having some snow whilst we're there, bearing in mind it's by the coast?

We don't really get much on the Wirral so would be nice to see the beautiful scenery around there enhanced by some snow. Snowy and cold outside with the log burner going in the cottage would be :yahoo:

Posted
34 minutes ago, tedmus said:

Hi all, my partner and I plus our 2 dogs have a week booked in a cottage in Tal-Y-Bont near Barmouth from next Saturday, do you think there is a chance of us having some snow whilst we're there, bearing in mind it's by the coast?

We don't really get much on the Wirral so would be nice to see the beautiful scenery around there enhanced by some snow. Snowy and cold outside with the log burner going in the cottage would be :yahoo:

if you don't get any right on the coast, you won't have to go too far inland in the Snowdonia national park to see feet of snow next week I would have thought

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Why isn't any of this on any of the BBC or met office forecasts?

Posted
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

so 10cm - 20cm - 30cm - who knows - looking good though

gfs-2-72.png?18

gfs-2-78.png?18

Now that looks more like it :D

Even our friends in the SW Thread get in on the action

Edited by A Frayed Knot
wrong reading

Posted
3 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

forget bbc - they don't like to cause panic, although they have been ramping the cold up for the last couple of days so I think they are well aware of potentially what's coming - warnings will go up from meto soon enough

Edited by andymusic

Posted
Just now, dbaloo said:

Because they are responsible for forecasting to millions of people not a few thousand weather nuts (I include myself) on a website, and so will need to be sure before they commit.

I wish we were down in the family shared house in North Pembrokeshire next week so we could watch the rain/hail hit us on the coast and then we could head inland and up to the Preselis where above about 1000ft there is the chance of some decent snow.

Posted

ok this gfs 18z we get pummeled by rain Monday - blizzarded by snow Tuesday through Wednesday - then late Wednesday into Thursday back to rain and a hurricane which blows most of us away then back to snow - crikey what a week coming up - still, the hurricane, we won't know where that'll be exactly till about Monday tuesday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

I wasn't trying to be awarkward with my BBC met office post..I understand this has been a very difficult event to forecast

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Really odd setup with very cold winds blowing all the way down from greenland. Winds look westerly for most of next week and i reckon the cold air will mix with the milder sea surface temperatures bringing a mixture of rain/hail/sleet to lower levels. There will be a lot of heavy showers it seems, wouldn't rule out thunder. Im thinking the brecon beacons and snowdonia doing well with some large snow accumulations. 

Wednesday night into thursday looking very unsettled in the south, mild air pushing in...could get very windy with winds veering southerly severe gale for a brief time? Plenty of heavy rain/gales into that strong system too before winds turn more west northwesterly again with colder conditions setting in

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
13 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Really odd setup with very cold winds blowing all the way down from greenland. Winds look westerly for most of next week and i reckon the cold air will mix with the milder sea surface temperatures bringing a mixture of rain/hail/sleet to lower levels. There will be a lot of heavy showers it seems, wouldn't rule out thunder. Im thinking the brecon beacons and snowdonia doing well with some large snow accumulations. 

Wednesday night into thursday looking very unsettled in the south, mild air pushing in...could get very windy with winds veering southerly severe gale for a brief time? Plenty of heavy rain/gales into that strong system too before winds turn more west northwesterly again with colder conditions setting in

don't forget we're approaching the coldest part of winter bar February, days still short and sea temps only 6-7c - and this source of weather isn't coming from America like normal, it's coming diagonally, and it's being called an artic air source, from Greenland - closer to us and with a small island, Iceland, so with the colder seas and shorter distance between Greenland and the uk, plus very potent, this could be a lot colder and snowier

Posted

Sounds as if everything is falling into place! Just hope it will! Everything will be crossed! :cold:

Posted

I must say, I've been a long time reader since 2005, but Andy i hate it when you get everyone's hopes up all the time!  Especially to the non educated about the weather! Why post charts after charts than never verify?! Maybe for the mountains but not for the majority of normal people  in Wales. If i'm honest your posts just give people false hope if they love snow. Anyway enough said

Posted
3 hours ago, andymusic said:

ok this gfs 18z we get pummeled by rain Monday - blizzarded by snow Tuesday through Wednesday - then late Wednesday into Thursday back to rain and a hurricane which blows most of us away then back to snow - crikey what a week coming up - still, the hurricane, we won't know where that'll be exactly till about Monday tuesday

iTS GOING TO BE 6C ON TUESDAY IN YOU AREA LOL.    SO ITS GOING TO BE RAIN.      The rest of the week its dry         http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640104

Edited by Fender..