Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
4 hours ago, andymusic said:

pasted Wales

GFSOPEU12_240_25.png

Andy. Wtf am i looking at here ?. I've tried with my left eye. Right eye and Both eyes but i cant work it out. 

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted
16 minutes ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

Andy. Wtf am i looking at here ?. I've tried with my left eye. Right eye and Both eyes but i cant work it out. 

map of the uk in the centre with Wales covered with snow (also Scotland, Ireland & northern England)

Greenland is the big purple blob at the top completed pasted in snow and glaciers

Iceland is the little purple blob below Greenland and above scotland

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, andymusic said:

map of the uk in the centre with Wales covered with snow (also Scotland, Ireland & northern England)

cheers! had to turn my phone. All I was getting was Canada and a bit of Greenland

Edited by Cwmbran Eira
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

cheers! had to turn my phone. All I as getting was Canada and a bit of Greenland

it's a big map lol - but shows just how much wintriness is about

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

ONE WORD THIS MORNING 

SNOWMAGEDDON

Just got to get it into reliable now Andy

Posted
22 minutes ago, CRACKPOT said:

Just got to get it into reliable now Andy

can't really see any probs - models are screaming cold from Monday night and two weeks after/beeb forecasts are now constantly raving and ramping about it - yer we go, could be a long winter:cold::cold:

gfs-2-96.png?0

gfs-2-108.png?0

gfs-2-114.png?0

gfs-2-120.png?0

gfs-2-126.png?0

gfs-2-192.png?0

lovely battleground dumping out in FI

gfs-2-348.png?0

gfs-2-360.png?0

gfs-2-372.png?0

flippin eck we're being spoilt lol

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Missdolly said:

The stampede shall begin for milk , potatoes and bread over the weekend then ?!

Great charts only hours away too ?!

Not if we don't tell our friends and neighbours..... yet!! Lets get our supplies in first then let them all know :)

Andy - hopefully a long winter as you said - the peppering we had before Christmas I picked up a foot injury due to having to walk an hour in the snow to get my missus one morning - I now have new boots - so I want to try them out! (I sound like a 10 year old there - I'm not - I've been a member on here since 2003 - so thats 14 years and I've been on the planet 37 years before that!)

Snow events are rare - but do happen. Eyes down....

JK

• Like 1

Posted

so just looked outside - already flippin white here - major frosty night - prelude of scenes to come with deep snow via the models I think

Posted
9 minutes ago, CRACKPOT said:

Not if we don't tell our friends and neighbours..... yet!! Lets get our supplies in first then let them all know :)

Andy - hopefully a long winter as you said - the peppering we had before Christmas I picked up a foot injury due to having to walk an hour in the snow to get my missus one morning - I now have new boots - so I want to try them out! (I sound like a 10 year old there - I'm not - I've been a member on here since 2003 - so thats 14 years and I've been on the planet 37 years before that!)

Snow events are rare - but do happen. Eyes down....

JK

sorry to hear that - only downside - the snow is fab, but when it refreezes into ice - it can be treacherous - and right now 16 hours on a trolley in a&e is not where ya wanna be  - so even though this weather looks nice - be careful out there on the roads and footpaths cause it can catch the best of us un-awares, even me last year went down like a sack of potatoes, giraffe spreading it's legs then after just going out to the car to check it over, didn't see the ice and down I went onto my knees, nasty and it flippin well hurt, as you get older, you got to be more careful about these things - you don't bounce as much then lol

Edited by andymusic

Posted
4 minutes ago, andymusic said:

sorry to hear that - only downside - the snow is fab, but when it refreezes into ice - it can be treacherous - and right now 16 hours on a trolley in a&e is not where ya wanna be  - so even though this weather looks nice - be careful out there on the roads and footpaths cause it can catch the best of us in-awares, even me last year went down like a sack of potatoes, giraffe spreading it's legs then after just going out to the car to check it over, didn't see the ice and down I went onto my knees, nasty and it flippin well hurt, as you get older, you got to be more careful about these things - you don't bounce as much then lol

Ha ha - it's fine - I got a blister on my heel that didn't take kindly to me and I could only wear crocs to work for 3 weeks while the antibiotics worked on it and it healed up! More snow for me the better - l still retain my childhood enthusiasm if not more. I like the older you get the less you bounce - I concur!!

Hope you got good boots now Andy after that episode last year if not give me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction :):) 

Edited by CRACKPOT
spelling :)
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes safety is paramount and unfortunately in this day and age snow grounds everything to an hault ! 

Anyway I'm going to get the long life milk in just in case , sit back and browse the 'mad' thread ?! 

Posted

There'll be nothing left here in the valleys I can assure you , a whisper of snow and it's like a black Friday riot for milk ?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

One word for southern counties yet again ....Marginal

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Missdolly said:

There'll be nothing left here in the valleys I can assure you , a whisper of snow and it's like a black Friday riot for milk ?!

i'm alright - got cows and sheep all around me on the mountain - so if short you'll see me borrowing some lol

Posted
7 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

One word for southern counties yet again ....Marginal

I don't think so, you just see how this set up is a lot different from the norm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Elevation will b key again with this spell coming up, will probably c snow showers down to low levels but that will b as good as it gets. The usual suspects may get another good dumping like last month tho

• Like 1

Posted

Hi again all - not looked here for AGES.  I tend to pop back on when there's a bit of snow in the charts and am PRAYING we get some next week.  Based in Kilgetty so if it gets as far as Narberth we might be lucky :)