Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 hour ago, Missdolly said:

Just glancing in the mod thread at the recent outputs . Yes definitely colder this weekend but they are banging on about next week and further on think some have completely written off winter ! 

we have our own "local" weather in Wales which to be fair to them, we get a little more cold action than they do because of the mountains, so they end up scrapping over the left over cold lol - so any easterlies and they go mad for it, knowing there's a chance of some snow showers off the north sea or maybe even a front/low coming in off the continent - we can sit back and enjoy the fact we've already had two reasonable hits of cold/snow and easterlies also deliver here with battleground atlantic lows, so we in Wales are a bit privileged to have this sort of "local" weather which often gets missed in the "mad" thread lol, or they don't always want to acknowledge we get what we get

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, andymusic said:

we have our own "local" weather in Wales which to be fair to them, we get a little more cold action than they do because of the mountains, so they end up scrapping over the left over cold lol - so any easterlies and they go mad for it, knowing there's a chance of some snow showers off the north sea or maybe even a front/low coming in off the continent - we can sit back and enjoy the fact we've already had two reasonable hits of cold/snow and easterlies also deliver here with battleground atlantic lows, so we in Wales are a bit privileged to have this sort of "local" weather which often gets missed in the "mad" thread lol, or they don't always want to acknowledge we get what we get

They definitely don't acknowledge what we get Andy ! 

• Like 1

Posted

Well after reading most of the dross in the Mad Head Thread ' Some people in there are so dumb and so dumber ' they just clogg it up with such dross .

By all means i am not going on about the great people in there ' there are some great peeps who go well out of there way to get right down to the nail .

@Steve Murr @TEITS@Tamara @nick sussex @Bring Back1962-63 and the general Frosty ...

also i never see @OldMetMan post anymore ?? why .

Any how ' it's blowing a gale outside as i am typing and my Wreck on things about this weekends cold event is ........................

Cold air moving in from the NE ' then an easterly for a short while and still cold air and the Atlantic dominates with low pressures pushing in against the cold air mass giving Wales a Moooosive dumping of snaw ' not only once but a good couple of times ' As for the MAD HEADS IN THE MAIN THREAD (ALL ENGLISH ) They get nothing ' well hopefully a few Wet Flakes .

The Mad thread is about the UK ' not England , We are on the map as well ... Sigh ' Enjoy the Snaw as its going to come .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Had great difficulty sleeping last night with wild gusts at times - sounded like the roof was coming off - but as far as I can see no damage this morning!  At least the rain has stopped and it's a nice bright start although still very windy.  Might be able to get outside for a while today!  I've been reading the models thread for days and everyone is getting their hopes up for a cold easterly bringing snow etc but I have my doubts that all their wishes will come true.  However, as Andy said earlier, if the cold air is introduced to the UK as a whole then we could get snow when the Atlantic wants to break in again.   Something to watch for over the next ten days, perhaps?

Posted
8 hours ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Well after reading most of the dross in the Mad Head Thread ' Some people in there are so dumb and so dumber ' they just clogg it up with such dross .

By all means i am not going on about the great people in there ' there are some great peeps who go well out of there way to get right down to the nail .

@Steve Murr @TEITS@Tamara @nick sussex @Bring Back1962-63 and the general Frosty ...

also i never see @OldMetMan post anymore ?? why .

Any how ' it's blowing a gale outside as i am typing and my Wreck on things about this weekends cold event is ........................

Cold air moving in from the NE ' then an easterly for a short while and still cold air and the Atlantic dominates with low pressures pushing in against the cold air mass giving Wales a Moooosive dumping of snaw ' not only once but a good couple of times ' As for the MAD HEADS IN THE MAIN THREAD (ALL ENGLISH ) They get nothing ' well hopefully a few Wet Flakes .

The Mad thread is about the UK ' not England , We are on the map as well ... Sigh ' Enjoy the Snaw as its going to come .

I seriously can't understand why everyone gets crazy in there , they must be living on their nerves ! Of course we all want snow and cold weather anything is better than mild and stormy! Yes I believe we going to see the snow again , time to calibrate dad's barometer that will probably more reliable ?!

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Missdolly said:

I seriously can't understand why everyone gets crazy in there , they must be living on their nerves ! Of course we all want snow and cold weather anything is better than mild and stormy! Yes I believe we going to see the snow again , time to calibrate dad's barometer that will probably more reliable ?!

they're fighting over a few flakes of snow, and arguing about whether it's going to happen or not lol - and whether they're gonna get the big one (oodles of snow) or not - seems to be just a difference of opinions, which sets off rows - reminds me of the Big Bang episode where they kick off at a paper reading - apparently this happens a lot when great minds get together to supposedly discuss scientific theories, but which then turns into a more hearty slanging match. They all need to chill a bit and step back, it's the weather, it will do what it wants in the end, and no matter how much you argue about a few inches of snow will not make it happen or not happen lol - anyway latest news from the mad thread and models - and bbc and meto - easterly come the weekend (get your long johns on, could be rather nippy), then feets of snow in Wales lol with an Atlantic attack later next week!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, andymusic said:

they're fighting over a few flakes of snow, and arguing about whether it's going to happen or not lol - and whether they're gonna get the big one (oodles of snow) or not - seems to be just a difference of opinions, which sets off rows - reminds me of the Big Bang episode where they kick off at a paper reading - apparently this happens a lot when great minds get together to supposedly discuss scientific theories, but which then turns into a more hearty slanging match. They all need to chill a bit and step back, it's the weather, it will do what it wants in the end, and no matter how much you argue about a few inches of snow will not make it happen or not happen lol - anyway latest news from the mad thread and models - and bbc and meto - easterly come the weekend (get your long johns on, could be rather nippy), then feets of snow in Wales lol with an Atlantic attack later next week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Andy , I can't understand half of what they're saying in-between they're arguements , funny though ?! Would you be able to keep us updated on the Easterly ? I feel a snow day coming on next week ?!

Posted
49 minutes ago, Missdolly said:

Thanks Andy , I can't understand half of what they're saying in-between they're arguements , funny though ?! Would you be able to keep us updated on the Easterly ? I feel a snow day coming on next week ?!

latest from the ecm run tonight is that by about a week Friday/Saturday we'll have more snow than we'll know what to do with - I was gonna post in the Mad thread - "Be careful what you wish for" - but I know that would just set them all off again lol - a little snow is nice, a little more is manageable, but loads and loads - looks fab to begin with but life can get awful tough if it hangs about for days/weeks - gonna be an interesting couple of weeks - meto also mention atlantic battleing in, so it looks pretty good for a dumping at the moment - if it pans out the way it looks on ECM right now - Feet of snow may yet not be impossible.

Posted

It's crazy in there ?! Can't make head of tail between all their opinions on what's happening , could be another 2013 then ?

Posted
2 hours ago, valley blue_501 said:

What happened in 2013?

January 2013 was the year of the red warning for snow ! 

Posted

Yeh and it never happened ... what a Farce that was ' Jersey had more than we had .

We were under that RED warning ... why they do that when here was just wet and shat .

some parts of the uplands did come off bad with sheep buried in 3 feet of snow ' but again Meto were wrong in our area .

Posted
21 hours ago, valley blue_501 said:

But from what I can work out amongst the chaos in that forum thread is that there's still not cross model agreement.... its gonna be cold from Saturday through til Tuesday after that its anyones guess.  

Cold spell  looks nailed on with a N east wind becoming colder from Saturday ,Then come hard frost Monday Tuesday, Wednesday winds switch to a more south easterley with stalling fronts over Wales with outbreaks of sleet/snow extending into Thursday so interesting weather watching ahead ,scenes below from stalling fronts which fetch Wales to a standstill half of this ammount would do for us LOL.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Cold spell  looks nailed on with a N east wind becoming colder from Saturday ,Then come hard frost Monday Tuesday, Wednesday winds switch to a more south easterley with stalling fronts over Wales with outbreaks of sleet/snow extending into Thursday so interesting weather watching ahead ,scenes below from stalling fronts which fetch Wales to a standstill half of this ammount would do for us LOL.

Love the video Keith - at the mo though models still really not showing a frigid easterly with uppers low enough to turn any atlantic onslaught into major snowfalls - we may have to be more patient at the minute - I will say this though - right now when opening the flippin front door, the cold is already here, and I've noticed a spooky moon in the sky that seems to say snow is on the way - so we shall have to see if the models, as Steve Murr keeps saying may well firm up on better forecasts yet, because as of today it looks a little flimsy, looking like Spain and North Africa will get more snow than we will

Posted

18z looks a little better tonight, but gonna have to be more improvements yet for snow

meanwhile over in north America, storm surge flooding and snow altogether

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
11 hours ago, andymusic said:

middle of the month snow nirvana - but a little way off yet

gfs-2-264.png?18

You've seen how much the models have changed for this so called cold snap which was going to b the beast from the east but is now an average spell of weather. So looking that far out is completely pointless