Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Looks like Mr Brockway was wrong again! Just plain rain in Cardiff lol.

the meto did alter things to include Cardiff late on - but I expect derek was too busy with his turkey to take any notice lol

Posted

Snowing heavily here in Newport, settling on cars,roads and footways at my elevation. 

Edited by mickeyflyn

Posted

I thought I was doing well west of Newport. Here's what a friend has got 5/6 miles away in Langstone though. He had zilch the other week though. Been snowing heavily for past hour and only now starting to settle on the pavements with me.

IMG-20171226-WA0000.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Heavy wet snow in Cardiff town  about a hour ago, turned to light sleet/rain with snowflakes mixed in.   Radar suggests front swivelling around Cardiff with moderate PPN but not much falling anymore 

Posted

Yep, all gone pretty sleety here, and with that that's me for tonight. Covering on the cars looks a little sad now- with the wind I hope not too many are stuck out in it because this is one icky night. 

Fingers crossed temps fall enough before we lose the ppn. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

Weve got 2inches of snow ....blowing a hoolie............

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Looks like that's it for a while (not that I seen much this time around!) - Elevation looked key this time - along with evaporative cooling.

Pretty much as expected I believe.

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

We've had another pesky dangler right over us all morning but at least this time it has brought snow.....   Been snowing on and off all morning but the ground is too wet and the air temperature too high for much accumulation.  Not to worry, I'm happy with this and I'm calling it a white Christmas +2!   :cold-emoji:  The garden is dusted in white but the roads are slushy so not a proper snow event but it isn't even January yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will get something even better in 2018.... :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, A Frayed Knot said:

All gone shy in here ' Snowing in most parts of the south west and the valleys got rain ' o dreary me , what happened then @andymusic ' blowing a gale here and just rain ' also rain in high levels of wales now ? how come .

strange .

complicated set up - got snow lying here 300m and up - snowed for the best part of 4 hours up here - can see heads of the valleys as usual all white and bbc reports of 7cms up at sennybridge - seems the colder air took it's time to really get into the mix in the low/s and England faired slightly better this time because of that - news reports as you've seen of problems on the M5/M1 A14 (which mysteriously I was on only about a week or so ago for the 1st time ever) - I still think that we have a lot more ops to come yet, even now gfs is offering more snow to us this time next week again, as we go into jan feb colder temps will be available I've no doubt - so these set ups if they continue will be less marginal - an easterly would be nice too with a lovely big low coming in from the atlantic - that would dump loads, and could be a big possibility this season - glad loads of you saw some snow this time even down to Cardiff etc

anyone for some sledging?

Live Snow webcam for Pen-y-Fan

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

We didn't get any snow here last night in the NW corner (the radar was showing snow South of Bala) but snow showers coming in now on a North Westerly off the Irish Sea. 

Edited by kar999

Posted

Somebody's Boxing Day walk didn't quite go to plan. Make sure you are always dressed and equipped for the conditions when walking in the mountains.

Edited by kar999

Posted
33 minutes ago, kar999 said:

Somebody's Boxing Day walk didn't quite go to plan. Make sure you are always dressed and equipped for the conditions when walking in the mountains.

there's always one or two who are just not prepared for the conditions - just quite amazing

• Like 1

Posted

Festive greetings, just had a snow shower here, plenty on the hills, this morning....

100_1252.JPG

100_1195.JPG

100_1221.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Yes looks like the shower train is on course yet again for the Cynon Valley. 

Big flakes settling on cars