Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

It's looking a bit festive midweek with the prospect of snow for Wednesday :yahoo:so on that happy note - Nadolig Llawen pawb, and I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

Have  a merry xmas met office got sun for us....if its to snow we will get it.....

Posted
On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:01, A Frayed Knot said:

Just watched Derek Brockway  forecast for Christmas eve and Day ' at the end of his forecast he did say BIG CHANGES NEXT WEEK ' I wonder what he meant by this then :cold:

he's retiring and Sue Charles is taking over LOL

• Like 1

Posted
Posted

well this covers all eventualities lol - meto on the sauce I think - merry xmas lol

Yellow Warning of Rain and Snow for Wales : Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Ceredigion, Powys, Wrexham, Carmarthenshire, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen & Newport valid from 1800 Tue 26 Dec to 1100 Wed 27 Dec
  • Like 1

Posted

Chief Forecaster's assessment

A weather system moving east across southern England is likely to bring a mix of heavy rain and snow. 15-25 mm of rain is likely quite widely within the warning area with some places receiving 30-40 mm. As the rain becomes increasingly heavy, it is likely to turn to snow in places, initially over parts of Wales and perhaps the Peak District then over central England in the early hours of Wednesday. Snow may fall to increasingly low levels, giving a cm or two in places. with 2-5 cm accumulating locally above 100 m, and perhaps 10 cm in a few places. These larger amounts are more likely over Wales whilst East Anglia and Lincolnshire see little or no snow. There is low confidence in the balance between rain and snow with marked variations likely from place to place in the amounts of any snow

Posted

Chris Fawkes after tonights ECM

EC12Z run has shifted snow south 27th December, London Midlands & Wales latest targets, still 15-20+cm

Posted

tomorrow's/Tuesday's Brecon beacons meto forecast

Clear spells and scattered wintry showers are forecast in the early hours with a widespread frost, and showers during morning with bright spells in valleys and patchy low cloud covering hills. Cloud will increase around midday with heavy rain at low levels, and sleet and snow above 300 metres, then snow at all levels later. Widespread fog will form on hills at all levels.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, andymusic said:

tomorrow's/Tuesday's Brecon beacons meto forecast

Clear spells and scattered wintry showers are forecast in the early hours with a widespread frost, and showers during morning with bright spells in valleys and patchy low cloud covering hills. Cloud will increase around midday with heavy rain at low levels, and sleet and snow above 300 metres, then snow at all levels later. Widespread fog will form on hills at all levels.

Should be interesting for us at the top of eastern valley in Blaenavon then. 350M plus ASL bits of snow in the air this morning at 3C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Northern Wales looks dry now. Some will get snow..some are going to get quite a bit of rain. 

Posted

Cardiff has been added to the warning area

Yellow Warning of Rain and Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Newport, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Wrexham, Bridgend, Neath Port Talbot, Cardiff & Vale of Glamorgan valid from 1800 Tue 26 Dec to 1100 Wed 27 Dec

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

I was pleased when I saw the weather warning yesterday cos I wasn't in it but now I am and 25mm of rain is not wot I wanted to have ??

Edited by freeze for all

Posted

my take on this is 6pm onwards is when the fun could start - already southern Ireland has some sleet/snow in the mix with the swirling front

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Torrential rain here 

Posted

Heavy rain turning quickly to snow here.

The 12Z shows a heavy band of snow stretching from Southeast Wales up into the Midlands. Certainly an upgrade if this materialises and it would make this December, despite not being a cold month, the snowiest here since January 2013 with two significant snow events:

image.thumb.png.8c75646718418f5300b1a984b37cfeb2.png

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Heavy rain turning rapidly to snow here.

The 12Z shows a heavy band of snow stretching from Southeast Wales up into the Midlands. Certainly an upgrade if this materialises:

image.thumb.png.8c75646718418f5300b1a984b37cfeb2.png

shouldn't be long before it turns here then

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

shouldn't be long before it turns here then

Ahh, perhaps I should have been clearer: it's not exactly blowing a blizzard of fluffy white flakes up here, but there's a wintry component to the rain that definitely wasn't there a short while ago! Checking the Dowlais and Rhymney traffic cameras, it looks like it's now snowing properly up there.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Ahh, perhaps I should have been clearer: it's not exactly blowing a blizzard of fluffy white flakes up here, but there's a wintry component to the rain that definitely wasn't there a short while ago! Checking the Dowlais and Rhymney traffic cameras, it looks like it's now snowing properly up there.

no worries - storey arms webcam - looks like it's getting a pasting up there - according to gfs a good potential 9 hours of snow ahead of us - we shall see

Edited by andymusic