Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Still snowing here around 5.5 inches of snow at the moment which isn't bad considering we missed the worst of it here in the North East.

Posted

Don't get too excited but the edge of that storm centred over Northern France is getting tantalisingly close to the southeast corner of Wales and the easterly wind is really howling at the moment. One to watch this morning.

Posted
Just now, Jackfrost said:

Don't get too excited but the edge of that storm centred over Northern France is getting tantalisingly close to the southeast corner of Wales and the easterly wind is really howling at the moment. One to watch this morning.

Yep been watching since I got up at 6am. What's your thoughts on it?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Yep been watching since I got up at 6am. What's your thoughts on it?

I'm being cautious. Nothing is impossible and there's always a potential for surprises - yesterday, for one - but twice in a row would unlikely. That said, the centre of it does seem to be pivoting over Normandy and the outer edges have been steadily creeping in our direction for the last few hours, so who knows: perhaps some further light snow isn't out of the question! Do you remember Feb. 8th 2007? A low was forecast to track across Northern France but ended up coming north over southern Britain, giving us a second day of heavy snow.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

I'm being cautious. Nothing is impossible and there's always a potential for surprises - yesterday, for one - but twice in a row would unlikely. That said, the centre of it does seem to be pivoting over Normandy and the outer edges have been steadily creeping in our direction for the last few hours, so who knows: perhaps some further light snow isn't out of the question! Do you remember Feb. 8th 2007? A low was forecast to track across Northern France but ended up coming north over the southern UK, giving us a second day of heavy snow.

Yep I remember that.

Well we'll see what happens anyway not getting too excited. That wind outside is howling so if any snow arrives it'll be blizzards.

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Yep I remember that.

Well we'll see what happens anyway not getting too excited. That wind outside is howling so if any snow arrives it'll be blizzards.

Yeah, I'm trying to not get excited because the likelihood is that nothing will happen.

Do you recall hearing anything about the strong easterly wind this morning? I don't, and it seems to be associated with the storm over Normandy. Who knows, perhaps something is afoot up there! :smile:

Posted
Just now, Jackfrost said:

Yeah, I'm trying to not get excited because the likelihood is that nothing will happen.

Do you recall hearing anything about the strong easterly wind this morning? I don't, and it seems to be associated with the storm over Normandy. Who knows, perhaps something is afoot up there! :smile:

That's true. It appears the system is pivoting too so we'll see what happens lol surely hey can't get this wrong or can they?

Posted
8 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

That's true. It appears the system is pivoting too so we'll see what happens lol surely hey can't get this wrong or can they?

We shall see.

In our favour, Storm Ana is definitely pivoting over Northern France (I haven't been following its forecast track and I don't know if that was supposed to happen), there's a bitter howling wind coming from the east, the precipitation band is still heading northwesterly, now approaching Bristol, and it's damn cold. Flakes in the air here, too; have been for about three hours.

Working against is the fact that these days, forecasts rarely go so wrong as such a short juncture!

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted

Well it was snowing when I left for work again this morning - short lived I'm guessing but if we had no snow at all for the rest of this winter I'd still be happy after the weekend we've just had

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

With winds in a N direction don’t rule out precipitation today in the West. Pembs dangler May form...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Getting ready for the next snow chase now!!

Posted

feeling a bit of model/snow burn out here lol - loads of snow all around here and won't be going anywhere for a few days I'm sure - will be ICY too - mind how you go peeps

Posted

Wind picked up early on,did see some more drifting first,the edge of the secondary heading into the SE,been blowing all night by the looks.

-4.4c last night and -1.6c now with clear blue skies,little to no thaw in the sun.

A few snow showers later possible.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=31&mode=42&map=330

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

A nice sunny winters day here with a high of 4.3c so far, much warmer than yesterday! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

D4B30BB1-80A7-437C-8F09-7FF295FC6FCE.thumb.jpeg.05cb0d107cfd782812fb55c2b9e7f134.jpeg

Taken just now in the Brecon Beacons, lovely day although -3C at Story Arms!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Great trip over to Brecon from Merthyr today. Looked beautiful. Could see the huge shower clouds to the west forming over the Irish Sea too which may give something later in the West of our region. 

Our baby is just 9 months old and loved the snow. Takes after his dad! 

IMG_2665.PNG

IMG_2666.JPG

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2676.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG

• Like 4

Posted

What a weekend it was - no snow for my part of the world before Christmas at least would be my guess but plenty of weather station watching tonight - gonna be an exceptionally cold one by the look of it

image.thumb.png.0f674f19c0bdf0a69c9118bf9c856244.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Ooh, little snow flurry there?

Posted

looks like a cracking dangler today - any snow coming from that? - it's freezing out there today though - even when the sun was up and I was trying to get the snow off the car it was bitter and icy under foot - gonna be stupidly cold tonight - double figures minuses:cold::cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Was supposed to b clear and freezing tonight, well it's cloudy and had a light snow shower 10 mins ago and temp 2c

Posted
3 hours ago, Stevetynant said:

What a weekend it was - no snow for my part of the world before Christmas at least would be my guess but plenty of weather station watching tonight - gonna be an exceptionally cold one by the look of it

image.thumb.png.0f674f19c0bdf0a69c9118bf9c856244.png

more on the way this week apparently Steve

gfs-2-54.png?12

gfs-2-60.png?12

gfs-2-66.png?12

gfs-2-72.png?12

the mild blip middle of the week is a blink and you'll miss it affair

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow

Forcsst rain tonight. At 3 degrees. It's -9.7 here in Brynmawr atm with 15 inches of lying snow. I'm.beginning to wonder if this rain will be snow especially as the temperatures on the BBC forecast have been miles out. Saying-2 atm but it's miles out. Same on Sunday. Didn't get above -1 All day yet rain and sleet forecast at 2 degrees. Time will tell. 

• Like 1