Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

I’m not counting my chickens just yet. 2013 seems quite a good facsimile though. If I was 50m to 100m higher then I’d be more confidence. Plus the Beacons and the Black Mountains tend to shield us. 

My ankles have really started to itch which is a good sign. Always does with snow on the way :crazy:

Edited by Blackjack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Few flakes mixed but rain getting heavier now, temp on the rise. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Temperatures were low enough here for snow last night but lacklustre precipitation! It would be nice to see some actual proper snowflakes this winter instead of hail/graupel which seems to turn up more than anything here! If only we could get some of the precipitation intensity we get in rain showers, we'd be laughing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

“W COUNTRY Sunday's weather looks firmly set to yield a disruptive event across a sizeable swathe of England & Wales. Please keep tuned to BBC Local Radio travel reports & take particular care/precautions (or indeed postpone) if heading N from our region into Midlands.”

This could make things more interesting. 
  • Like 3

Posted

Very light snow falling here as the front slowly creeps in. I'm expecting it turn to rain shortly, at least for a little while.

• Like 1

Posted

sleet in cardiff

i think a spell of snow Pontypridd North looks likely and maybe saying as snow in heads of valleys area, maybe snow returning to lower valleys tomorrow daytime, looks miserably wet for us InCardiff till late tomorrow and maybe not enough then 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Rain here too, I'm not fussed on it settling. I'd just want to see some snow fall out of the sky

• Like 1

Posted

still snowing quite nicely here "mediumly" lol even though radar says it should be rain - ground temps are up though as it's damp here and there - but still have some lying snow from yesterday

Posted
7 minutes ago, andymusic said:

still snowing quite nicely here "mediumly" lol even though radar says it should be rain - ground temps are up though as it's damp here and there - but still have some lying snow from yesterday

Yeah, snowing lightly but steadily here too and settling in the usual places (cars, bins etc). What's your honest thought over the coming hours? I'm assuming it'll turn to rain for a while as the heavier stuff reaches us.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Yeah, snowing lightly but steadily here too and settling in the usual places (cars, bins etc). What's your honest thought over the coming hours? Will it turn to rain for a while as the heavier stuff reaches us? I suspect it will.

I'm not so sure it will - I have a feeling it'll keep on - I was expecting it to drop down to sleet/rain - but it feels cold enough to continue like this - so heavier precip should just give heavier snow - it's looking very good right now

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Yeah @andymusic, I'm going to go out into the garden shortly to feel that cold and the flakes. I think this might be the most marginal event around these parts that I can remember. I know not to take the BBC location forecasts seriously as they're chopping and changing by the hour due to the marginality, but I'm now down for heavy snow over the next few hours which I genuinely wasn't expecting.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

Yeah @andymusic, I'm going to go out into the garden shortly to feel that cold and the flakes. I think this might be the most marginal event around these parts that I can remember. I know not to take the BBC location forecasts seriously as they're chopping and changing by the hour due to the marginality, but I'm now down for heavy snow over the next few hours which I genuinely wasn't expecting.

Same here..has been a very much nowcasting event.hope we all wake up to a good covering in the morning

Posted

Just noticed that the BBC weather app is now officially showing sleet for Swansea tomorrow. I know it's only sleet but it's major change!

Posted

Unless my eyes are deceiving me I'm not seeing anything rain or sleet out of my window? Radar says I should have for the past hour!

Edit: they were. Hard to see such fine rain! ? Fingers crossed tomorrow brings something for all!

Edited by RhysWales