So quiet in here ' where you all to ?

Chasing the snow are ye .

Not so sure we will see any here in the South East :wallbash:

patience

IMG_20171209_200945.png.b2a4883832e9219b39ade720785c4bc0.png

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Is that good for the chances of snow then @Jayfromcardiff ?

Well if it stays like it then yes I think but I know there will be other factors that could prevent it snowing but I'm not an expert on it all.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Posted

I am using a app called ventusky and i paid the subscription of only 79p a month so you can see the snow maps '

You can go forward and i went forward to tomorrow and its showing a decent snowfall from 11am until 1500pm then again from 1600 until 1800pm .

Just fingers crossed it is right .

• Like 1

Posted

Everything tomorrow is moving in the right direction in favour South Wales for sure. Superb event in progress. The sheer marginality for so many down here adds to the thrill of the chase. Beacons and mid Wales buried?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temp 2.5C and slowly rising probably as the colder air starts to mix out as the front approaches? Meto forecast shows rain up until around 5pm tomorrow when its forecast to get colder and turn to snow, which would fall inline with the back edge snow as it wraps back around? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Looks pretty good Jay. Everything crossed as usual. Cardiff always marginal cos of the water but looks good on this graphic

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

It's showing 1.5 C outside now and with our little bit of elevation I am hoping to see some snow tonight after all.  The rain has reached Haverfordwest and Milford Haven but the temps there range from 3-5 C - hopefully as the air temperature drops this will turn to snow by the time it reaches me!  Anyway there should be snow falling over large areas of west Wales tonight - who would have thought we would be saying that even four weeks ago.  Maybe this bodes well for midwinter - January is the most likely month to bring prolonged cold.....  We shall have to wait and see.

Posted

Okay guys

remember the front crossing into West country now is a warm front

It becomes Occluded around the time it catches  us , I believe even with the warm front there has been some sleet on hills. 

Now also if we are lucky the centre of the low will be below the Bristol channel, winds around the Northern side coming from the east, As it passes through we want to see the centre of the low intensify, so we get a circle in the Oval shape dragging winds around from Nw  ( all around from the East) behind it. 

The low could actually be centred just on shore as winds run into the low so even if we are in the circle around the edges air will be moving anticlockwise and inwards.

I think Places like Cardiff will see early wet snow, followed by sleet and rain before more snow later tomorrow.

However any lying snow helps to modify temperatures. 

Heavier precipitation assists where temperatures are marginal with evaporative cooling

However this is really only enough on its own to turn sleet to Snow or rain to sleet , where each droplet moves a parcel of cooler air towards the lower atmosphere and ground

hey all good luck all, i think mid wales , Valleys  and Welsh borders will get a hammering - lucky sods but i would be surprised if by end of tomorrow North cardiff does not have 2CM or more

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

For all coastal counties in the South i would expect a lot of rain tomorrow , snow looks very likely from id say Merthyr Tydfil northwards with significant accumulations 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Possible record breaking cold day monday - almost 2010 esque !

IMG_2246.thumb.PNG.d0e63d265d6f8127ef8a2fb7803f0ad3.PNG

over the snowfields of new Austria (That's Wales to you and me lol)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny

Well as usual doesn't look like we'll be getting much snow in North Wales now. Hope everyone else does well!

Posted
4 minutes ago, alijoe said:

Will it depend on elevation again Andy? 

not necessarily especially as we end up on the left hand side of the low and winds and temps dive back down - but it'll be interesting to see where the major totals end up - it's gonna be somewhere in Wales i'm sure

• Like 1