Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
Just now, pyrotech said:

Where are you getting that warning from? i only see warning for wind in our zone 

somebody's messing with your head pyro

Posted

haha think its great fair play bit of humour tonight showers have done this and more incoming p.s this is a gritted road :p 

A1B67691-2001-4EB5-93C7-6D1672FC3F36.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
15 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Cheers Sam. That precipitation type forecast is based on the 12Z, yes? Well, I'm being cautious but based on that and the 18Z output that Andy shared, I think it's safe to say that all hope is not lost but yes, a slight shift southwards is desirable if we're all to get in on the snow and not just higher ground.

Indeed. Proceed with caution is very much the thing here. A fascinating 24/48/72 hours ahead. As with these events it’s all about timing. I’m gonna start watching around 6pm. (I’ve even asked for an early shift tomorrow 7-5) 

I’ll update once the 18z Netwx SR comes in 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winter, Hot Summer

I think Sunday looks like March '13. How did everyone do then?

Posted
7 minutes ago, pyrotech said:

I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad i went looking to see if things had changed whilst i had been putting my xmas tree up

This will cheer you up bloody AMAZZZZZING TURN AROUND FOR S WALES

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Heavy and disruptive snow is expected on Sunday. Breezy with further wintry showers on Monday. Turning brighter and less windy on Tuesday with sunny spells and isolated wintry showers. LOL PS 50 MILES SOUTH WE KNACKERED HEHE

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Snow showers continue in the same areas like last night, had some light snow earlier but yet again missing out

Posted
5 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Snow showers continue in the same areas like last night, had some light snow earlier but yet again missing out

Not completely the case much more over SW this evening, we’ve managed a dusting here and some hefty showers far better than last night! 

Posted

Light snow with flakes on the breeze interspersed with heavier outbreaks when the showers arrive over the last several hours here. Covering on most surfaces.

14 minutes ago, Snowmadsam said:

Indeed. Proceed with caution is very much the thing here. A fascinating 24/48/72 hours ahead. As with these events it’s all about timing. I’m gonna start watching around 6pm. (I’ve even asked for an early shift tomorrow 7-5) 

I’ll update once the 18z Netwx SR comes in 

Thanks Sam, I look forward to that update. If it's anything like the 18Z then Monday in particular will be a snowy old day as the cold air digs back in after the arrival of shortlived mild sector.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Paul said:

Ignore the fake maps, it's just someone's idea of a joke. 

Was rather funny.....each to their own

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Been out most of the night, since when did Sunday chances improve so much. Looking at GFS 18z and ARPEGE 18z, this could be close...particularly later Sunday 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Looks like some members had a good snow day. Sadly it was not great for me. Had a few seconds of snow in Barry this morning. Felt optimistic about evening showers for near the airport. Had ten minutes of lovely driving snow as I drove down the A48 back from Cowbridge at about 7pm. Then it dried up. Apart from a couple of flurries for seconds at a time, nothing but starry skies above me between Moulton and Penmark. I’m calling it a night. Well done if you had better: fingers crossed for us all for the next event this weekend. 

Posted

It's no December 2010, but it's already better than last winter. Wales seems to have most of the snow showers tonight, barring northern Scotland of course.

Posted
2 hours ago, Paul said:

Ignore the fake maps, it's just someone's idea of a joke. 

I thought it was funny. It was obviously Photoshopped anyway, someone just changed the yellow wind warning to a red snow warning lol

Posted

So where do we go from here then ?

The Mad thread is full of ups and downs ' like being on a rollercoaster to be honest .

See and read a post and some say mild with atlantic coming and others are saying still cold ?

Are we going to be in a cold spell up until christmas or mild ?

also just seen Darren betts report on bbc news and it looks like border snow for south east wales this monday ' all i could see was the border from Chepstow to Newport that was highlighted white ..

Still confused . @andymusic you knows the truth mate  let us know

Posted
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously

Come in, Graupel maybe earlier, windy with thunder clap.  mongoose all happening now tho, pressure on the up.  Shirley just coastal showers, over.

Posted

Just woke up to go for a drink and I was amazed to see that not only is it still snowing with 5 cm or so in places where it hasn't had a problem settling, but that there's more to come looking at the radar.

Posted

The 00Z is coming out and it doesn't look initially great for South or even Mid Wales, but the snow spreads back south by midday Sunday with some moderate accumulations. Regarding the period where it looks like it might be rain rather than snow here: that might be the case but it's not as if we'll be in mild air, so perhaps evaporative cooling may come into play: the precipitation will certainly be heavy enough! That bastion of reliability, the BBC online, hour-by-hour location forecast, has me down for hours of sleet, so it appears to be finely balanced.

Compulsive viewing... I'm remaining realistic, but with the underpinning of an optimist. :good:

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1