Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

heavy snow + whiteout coming in again - total GFS run after the heavy dumping keeps the accumulated snow lying for the whole of the run with freezing 850s sealing it in with the odd top up - amazing early winter synoptics - we normally get mild mild and then some more mild at xmas lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

As I said yesterday expect corrections South. The latest fax charts look great for wales on Sunday and Monday. Quite a shift south with the warm front decaying and being replaced by occlusion which runs along the M4 

IMG_2611.PNG

IMG_2612.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Yellow and Amber warning issued for North and Mid Wales. Just inside the yellow for me. Slight correction south and we could all be in for a pasting. 

Posted

yes meto going for Merthyr northwards at the mo

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Powys & Wrexham valid from 0400 Sun 10 Dec to 2355 Sun 10 Dec

they are still a little undecided even though the amber warning is in place - they are covering themselves further north and south as this will be a stick your head out the window event lol

this tells you a little more on the uncertainty for sunday
beacons mountain forecast
Persistent snow is then expected to spread northeast, accumulating for a time. However his could turn to rain at low levels during the afternoon, before clearing. Another very cold night follows Freezing level at the surface, perhaps briefly rising to 600m although confidence is low with freezing levels.
Edited by andymusic

Posted

A slight correction south is all it needs to bring us into the firing line fingers crossed it keeps edging southwards each run as it has ben doing recently.

Posted

euro 4 latest

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Fr 08.12.2017 18 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Sa 09.12.2017 06 GMT

weird this - i'm doing charts for future ref - and it's snowing outside now - duhhhhhhhhhh! lol

euro 4s 1st look at sunday mmmmmm

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Su 10.12.2017 06 GMT

ok it's not bad - risk just needs to drop a little south for all of us to benefit - but this isn't a straightforward set up either - we could end up on the right side of the low to benefit from later sunday into Monday so it may well rain for a tad to turn back to snow - all to play for and not done yet

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.
51 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

You spawny get. I'd give my right arm to experience thundersnow.

It's happened twice more - fab, and a little weird!

Posted

Those showers just don't want to move west! However, I notice that the BBC weather app is forecasting showers for later this afternoon in the Swansea area. The app is not always the best forecasting tool, but at these very short timescales they can be more reliable and let's hope this is one of them. 

Posted
Just now, baggielad said:

Those showers just don't want to move west! However, I notice that the BBC weather app is forecasting showers for later this afternoon in the Swansea area. The app is not always the best forecasting tool, but at these very short timescales they can be more reliable and let's hope this is one of them. 

think it may turn more northerly so yes you could be right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
4 minutes ago, baggielad said:

The air will be much colder later on too so if it would be a good time for more showers to pop up!

Posted
10 minutes ago, andymusic said:

think it may turn more northerly so yes you could be right

I just want to see falling snow! This morning it was tantalisingly close as there were showers across the Bay towards Port Talbot which left a dusting of snow on the hills behind the town.

Posted

snowing again - showers piling in - anyway - more warnings

Yellow Warning of Wind for Wales : Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen & Vale of Glamorgan valid from 0400 Sun 10 Dec to 1900 Sun 10 Dec

Amber Warning of Snow for Wales : Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Powys & Wrexham valid from 0400 Sun 10 Dec to 1800 Sun 10 Dec

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Glad to be back home, a journey of three miles took 40minutes.  Useless brakes on a very steep hill then compacted snow.  Now defrosting in front of the log burner with no intentions of going anywhere til Monday.....   time  to finish off knitting the Christmas socks for husband, the lucky lucky man!?

12 minutes ago, andymusic said:

snowing again - showers piling in - anyway - more warnings

Yellow Warning of Wind for Wales : Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen & Vale of Glamorgan valid from 0400 Sun 10 Dec to 1900 Sun 10 Dec

Amber Warning of Snow for Wales : Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Powys & Wrexham valid from 0400 Sun 10 Dec to 1800 Sun 10 Dec

Think they missed Torfaen out on the first warning.....???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Hopefully see some southward correction for Sunday so we can get in on the action

It's the wind that's the biggest cause for concern along the south coast of Wales with gusts up to 65mph in south Pembrokeshire but similar speeds can be expected elsewhere in coastal locations. Temperatures are expected to reach 10C in Swansea so this wouldn't be combined with snow to bring blizzards but squally outbreaks of rain. There is also a chance of some coastal flooding, however there are no high Spring tides this weekend so hopefully that would keep any flooding to a minimum. Wind & rain should ease Sunday afternoon to allow drier, brighter weather to return. On Monday, it looks like the strongest winds will run along the south coast of England. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Back to rain/sleet after a sharp snow shower. Snow when showers are heavier. I bet out of Cardiff will be completely different.

Posted

Hi everyone. 

I’m in St Mellons and it’s been glorious sunshine and blue skies practically all morning. That M4 shield is working well today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well bar the odd rain and hail shower, its actually been a fairly nice sunny but chilly day here. Had a high of 6.5C and now dropping slowly down to 5.5C and a decent winters day. I was too lazy after to take a half hour drive up the mountain to see any snow haha.

Monday is certainly looking interesting for some of us if we can keep the colder air in after Sundays low, or am I reading that wrong?