Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

I was absolutely dreading to look at the forecast for our weekend in Tenby with my little nephew! After all this talk of snow we wondered if we'd even make it there tomorrow after school from Porthcawl but it seems as though the Bristol Channel coasts snow shield is holding firm, resulting in a dry, sunny weekend, not too cold overnight and milder by Sunday so no need for the sledge just the bucket and spade. Let's get packing……………

image.png

Posted

look at the radar now and contrast with euro 4 notice any difference - see what I mean about being a bit conservative

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Th 07.12.2017 18 GMT

then this for tomorrow

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Fr 08.12.2017 06 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Fr 08.12.2017 12 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Fr 08.12.2017 18 GMT

into Saturday

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Sa 09.12.2017 12 GMT

doesn't look much but it isn't right about now - with more showers around further south - so take it with a pinch of salt and add some more snowiness

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Nah, I think once again Milford Haven (and Tenby) will miss out on this event. :-(

Posted
1 hour ago, SnowStorm(Jamie) said:

I think Cardiff will do ok during the early hours of Friday morning, catching more showers that feed in from the NW. 

Not expecting much here in Swansea: Cold, mainly dry with the chance of the odd snow shower. 

A bit negative Jamie lol very interesting from 2am right through to mid morning a more widespread sleet snow showers ACCORDING TO MET LATEST FORECAST fully expect snowy owl central and north Wales 4 to 6 cms . Monday looks interesting as rain sleey snow ,turns more to snow as a keen North wind kicks in with more snow showers Exciting weather watching ahead.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

look at the showers piling into Ireland now - heading for us - lots now turning to snow

amazing ecm again - should provide plenty of snow for us sunday and Monday - more convinced every run that we in Wales will get the motherload

Edited by andymusic
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow!

Why oh why is it forecasting rain for Anglesey yet again :-(  I've done some epic snow dances over the past month to impress the snow gods and get this!  Ah well, enjoy peeps.

Posted
3 minutes ago, barton444 said:

Why oh why is it forecasting rain for Anglesey yet again :-(  I've done some epic snow dances over the past month to impress the snow gods and get this!  Ah well, enjoy peeps.

have some patience - 850 temps will drop further as we go through the night - showers will be more of snow for you then and according to GFS you are right in the firing line as the winds to a firm northerly tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow!
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

have some patience - 850 temps will drop further as we go through the night - showers will be more of snow for you then and according to GFS you are right in the firing line as the winds to a firm northerly tomorrow

Thanks andymusic :), I'll keep the faith a bit longer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Had some light rain about half hour ago it was gorgeous to see light rain falling haven't seen that in so long!!!:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

NE Wales looks to be in the sweet spot starting overnight tonight, and through the weekend, so hoping for some luck. Even got text from Daughter's school warning of risk they won't be open. Happy Days!

Posted
11 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Had some light rain about half hour ago it was gorgeous to see light rain falling haven't seen that in so long!!!:yahoo:

patience Marcus lol

Posted
43 minutes ago, barton444 said:

Any showers should turn to snow in the early hours

Posted

Is the wind forecast to veer more northerly within the next few hours? Because that mass of showers currently over Northern Ireland appear to be heading southeastwards towards Northwest England and Northeast Wales rather than points further south. I've no doubt that whatever crosses the southern half of the Irish Sea and Cardigan Bay will re-intensify but the precipitation needs to be there in the first place.

Something I've just noticed regarding even small bodies of water re-invigorating showers: see on the Netweather radar how Lough Neagh in Northern Ireland is causing showers passing over to pick up extra moisture before dumping it. A classic literal example of lake effect snow. Very localised, but the southern shore must be getting some very heavy snow right now.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted

Currently graupel here in Gorslas

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
5 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Is it worth staying up tonight or shall I just get up early? Don't Want to wait up if nothings going to happen until 5am or something.

Looking at the radar Jay 'if' anything occurs it would be early morning - can't see much in the current direction of the showers down the south/south eastern corner until early morning - and even then - they might die out. Typical in this direction of flow.

JK

Edited by CRACKPOT
Spelling correction!

Posted
8 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Is it worth staying up tonight or shall I just get up early? Don't Want to wait up if nothings going to happen until 5am or something.

I'd stay up a bit longer if I were you, Jay. There's increased shower activity over South Wales at the moment and showers breaking out left, right and centre further north, so wait a few hours yet and see what the situation is at midnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

I'd stay up a bit longer if I were you, Jay. There's increased shower activity over South Wales at the moment and showers breaking out left, right and centre further north, so wait a few hours yet and see what the situation is at midnight.

There's a few showers popping up but not much atm. Plenty of PPN over N Ireland but looks to be heading in the wrong direction for Wales apart from the NE corner. Got everything crossed but....

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

OK cool - I'm off work tomorrow anyway but can't be bothered staring into clear skies hoping for snow lol.