Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

Been snowing all morning heavy at times till last till tomorrow evening ..................

Posted
23 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Slighty heavier snow moving across Wales now (green rather than blue) could give a dusting in places.

DUSTING - DUSTING - come and see my DUSTING - cms we got here now lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Snowing here in the Moelwyns. Was white over here at 6am but turned to rain/sleet at lower levels. Snow line looks to be about 250m

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
2 hours ago, bradythemole said:

Looks like warming up here now too much now, starting to look sleety in Cardiff 

Are we likely to see more here today ? At Berea earlier ... a few flurries but nothing sticking . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Yellow warning for strong winds issued

Issued at: 10:43 on Sun 12 Feb 2017

Valid from: 03:00 on Mon 13 Feb 2017

Valid to: 22:00 on Mon 13 Feb 2017

Very strong and gusty easterly winds are expected to affect parts of west Wales on Monday. Gusts to 50 to 60 mph will affect some locations, with possible localised gusts of 70 to 75 mph to the west of mountains. Some disruption to travel, both road and ferries, seems likely.

While wind gusts of 60 to 75 mph quite often occur across west Wales, the unusual wind direction may add to impacts. This is the type of situation where gusts will vary markedly between nearby places, and through the day.

Covers: Conwy, Isle of Anglesey, Gwynedd, Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Powys

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1486944000&regionName=wl

Posted

I can vouch for it blowing a hoolie here. Gusting to 40 mph. The wind chill is vicious.

Edited by kar999

Posted

A little like February 1986 with those winds,hopefully the snow will pep up.

Today moderate/fresh NE veering more east,feeling nice and cold up there,here lovely and sheltered from the protection of the wood/hill.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted
On 22/01/2017 at 05:41, andymusic said:

we've had snow overnight here in ponty folks - only a tad - but a tad is better than nowt and it stuck to the ground and turned things and surfaces white

we have had snow up here in Aberdare too. Thought I was seeing things first of all Andy 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Earlier drizzle has now turned to snow blowing in the wind. Not sure if dew points have dropped a little this afternoon in our region? 

Posted

Snow really pepped up over mid to north wales this afternoon.

Snowflakes now but I did think I`ll see enough for what I want.

On the snowline here.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Two hours of sleety snow showers, timed to the dog walk......  not nice.  Settling further up the valley.  Back in front of fir, good excuse for mulled cider, medicinal only obvs:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted

Drizzle now with a few sleety snow grains,only thing to look forward to now then as temps drop currently 0.6c is freezing drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Well... we have had some snow this winter, about as far south as you can get, near the airport and the coast.  It fell without settling for an hour or so on Saturday morning.

My snowy expectations have been ruinously high since growing up in the 70s on higher ground. My enjoyment of snow, and my expectations, formed during those late 70s and early 80s snow events. They were boosted by a couple of early 90s winters in the East Midlands. Then we had 2009.  But not much since. And in the lean years frustration grows. What chance of something in the next few weeks?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

You can tell we are in for a mildy spell when Knocker posts in the House of MOD.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter

Am I right in assuming that most of Wales are dry, I have seen a few posts regarding how dry it has been. Well if water is needed we have had plenty up here today. It has been precipitating profusely since this morning! If I hear one more weather presenter or forecaster say "well at least it will be mild!" I will scream :wallbash:

Posted

Here we go again. "Battleground scenario, Wales in the firing line, get the shovels ready" etc. This country's weather is enough to drive one loopy.:fool:

Although in all honesty, the Marches of 2001, 2004 and 2006 were great months here with good snowfalls. March 11/12th 2004 I remember in particular, as it was the day of the Madrid train bombings. I'd been on Netweather for over a year at that point and the mood was subdued, despite the incoming snow. Nevertheless, there was a good 20 cm here although those sort of depths seemed confined to South Wales. A classic Atlantic-low-into-cold-airmass event.

06_237_preciptype.png?cb=879

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted

My drive to work up the Llanberis pass should be interesting tomorrow morning with storm Doris

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, andy989 said:

My drive to work up the Llanberis pass should be interesting tomorrow morning with storm Doris

I'm driving back from Durham at 10am so will spend most of my time in the amber zone. Not looking forward to that. Hoping most of the haulage firms ground their fleet