Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Happy new year all, the models have led us up the garden path again and r not looking good if it's cold and snow u want

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
38 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Happy new year all, the models have led us up the garden path again and r not looking good if it's cold and snow u want

That is no surprise. January now. Listen carefully enough and you might just hear the faint sounds of the clock ticking on this winter.

Posted

I'm so cofused!! I was all excited coz of the best winter cold setup,that went,that was gutting,in the forum there's lots of confusion there is cold there's not cold,what's going on???

Posted

Heaviest snow of the winter looking likely now.

Beat the last snowfall by a fraction,gave a brief dusting.

Don`t hope for much these days.

Posted
7 hours ago, whiskers said:

I'm so cofused!! I was all excited coz of the best winter cold setup,that went,that was gutting,in the forum there's lots of confusion there is cold there's not cold,what's going on???

Patience. It's coming.... Loads of background signals and proper cold now knocking upon the European door. If the deep cold invades Europe, we can pick up a cold source from an additional bearing. Just need to get rid of this stubborn lingering HP to our South. :nonono:

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

At least the mountain tops of the Snowdon range and Ogwen range had a nice covering.

Turned into a lovely crisp afternoon (with a tad of wind chill!)

IMG_20170101_151718319_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170101_143920393_HDR.jpg

Edited by kar999

Posted
12 hours ago, gareth moo said:

Patience. It's coming.... Loads of background signals and proper cold now knocking upon the European door. If the deep cold invades Europe, we can pick up a cold source from an additional bearing. Just need to get rid of this stubborn lingering HP to our South. :nonono:

yes it looks like it's delayed once again just like the trains - so now we have a start date of about 10th - 11th maybe - 5 days late lol

Posted
24 minutes ago, andymusic said:

yes it looks like it's delayed once again just like the trains - so now we have a start date of about 10th - 11th maybe - 5 days late lol

It always get pushed back and I bet by the 10th the models will b showing it will b cold from the 20th 

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

It always get pushed back and I bet by the 10th the models will b showing it will b cold from the 20th 

I think you could be right - only get dragged in properly once it gets at least under 144 hrs - until then we wait

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I'm still waiting patiently for some real cold weather to arrive. I had such high hopes for this winter, but the cold keeps getting pushed back time and time again. But, I guess it's only January and we have a good 8-10 weeks yet.

Posted

ECM looking pretty damn wintry now around the 10th Jan - switching about - sounds like there still might be something to play for

• Like 2

Posted

Happy new year to all.   I see the one and only paper has hit with a ice storm headline. Blizzards _15 etc etc. Maybe this yr they will get it right. I myself think we could get very cold before long.

Posted

Well here we go again,the roller coaster ride is back on! Will it or won't it this time?

what are people thinking?? 

Posted

The garden path is a hell of a lot longer than it usually is, that's wot I'm thinking

Posted

00_126_preciptype.png?cb=81

Nice to so see possibilties of some cold Nwesterly flow with some heavy prolonged wintry showers on its way thorsday Friday next week00_144_preciptype.png?cb=81But what i find even more intersting is that the met are struggling to handle further outlook beyoud 6days ,The models cannot seem to handle a possible complete turn around to East  or a N east flow ,expect some excited model forun watches next week.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
12 hours ago, keithlucky said:

00_126_preciptype.png?cb=81

Nice to so see possibilties of some cold Nwesterly flow with some heavy prolonged wintry showers on its way thorsday Friday next week00_144_preciptype.png?cb=81But what i find even more intersting is that the met are struggling to handle further outlook beyoud 6days ,The models cannot seem to handle a possible complete turn around to East  or a N east flow ,expect some excited model forun watches next week.

Yes Keith. Things firming up for potential late next week into weekend. It's only potential as yet and as always since 2010 'Marginal' is the key word. However, we often do well from a NW flow - streamer time maybe??

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Just to remind us all.  This was taken today in 2010 in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire. (credit to local town councillor Sue Murray for letting me share this.)

18155_1299144595151_4743268_n.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, A Frayed Knot said:

The Mountains ... Knowing our luck .

don't think so - this time of the year it won't take much for all sea levels to get something - and gfs is playing around with something for saturday morning now - mini snow storm - we shall see

• Like 1