Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
3 hours ago, Blackjack said:

I disagree Andy. From what i understand reading the mod thread (and cutting through dross "I can't believe we're not having a 1947, 1962, 2009, 2010 winter" ad nauseam) there is nothing for cold snow lovers in the immediate future. This mild may last just under a week, with a slow return to more seasonal temperatures, with the potential, if somewhat with low probability at present for blocking to our north towards Xmas and more frosty conditions that we have seen at the start of the month. We're in a better position than last year.

It ain't a 2015 Christmas that's for sure.

Completely agree with this.yes its going to be mild for a few days/week but there's signs of potential there for a cool down and maybe more. I'm staying positive til February lol

Posted

I see Mr Murr has thrown is toys out of the pram in the model thread. Usually happens once during the winter. I remember Tamara bearing the brunt last year.

cant believe people get their knickers in such a twist.

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted
5 hours ago, Blackjack said:

I disagree Andy. From what i understand reading the mod thread (and cutting through dross "I can't believe we're not having a 1947, 1962, 2009, 2010 winter" ad nauseam) there is nothing for cold snow lovers in the immediate future. This mild may last just under a week, with a slow return to more seasonal temperatures, with the potential, if somewhat with low probability at present for blocking to our north towards Xmas and more frosty conditions that we have seen at the start of the month. We're in a better position than last year.

It ain't a 2015 Christmas that's for sure.

yes agreed it ain't last year but the models have lost there lustre for now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Already 15C in Rhyl thanks to a foehn wind.. I suppose it'll be like that all along the north coast

Posted

17 degrees this afternoon down the road in Hawarden, still 16 degrees at 6 o'clock!!

Pete

Posted
On 06/12/2016 at 20:00, andymusic said:

yes agreed it ain't last year but the models have lost there lustre for now

USA is about to get severe cold spell so ATM the weather pattern is set the same as last year with USA getting cold and snow we stuck in the mild sector with severe cold biting into Canada with Yucon region recording -50 c

Posted
On 08/12/2016 at 18:55, keithlucky said:

USA is about to get severe cold spell so ATM the weather pattern is set the same as last year with USA getting cold and snow we stuck in the mild sector with severe cold biting into Canada with Yucon region recording -50 c

glimpse of hope from tonight's gfs 18z - hint at an easterly in about a weeks time - but it's long way off yet

Posted

We all wish for cold crisp winter,rather this damp dull weather we seem to get.You feel sorry for the mad scientist that live in east antarctica where the world coldest temperature was recorded this year A NASA satellite measured that temperature in August 2010; on July 31 of this year, another bone-chilling temperature of -135.8 degrees was recorded.Brrrr

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
14 hours ago, keithlucky said:

We all wish for cold crisp winter,rather this damp dull weather we seem to get.You feel sorry for the mad scientist that live in east antarctica where the world coldest temperature was recorded this year A NASA satellite measured that temperature in August 2010; on July 31 of this year, another bone-chilling temperature of -135.8 degrees was recorded.Brrrr

much to cold for me - frost bite and extremities falling off weather - severe lol - for us dry and cold running up to xmas right now - again possible easterly - but not the fav right now - certainly nothing majorly snowy/wintery on the cards yet for all the silly newspaper headlines lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

We've had the bookies making it the warmest Christmas on record according to one paper and another saying coldest snowiest since 63. You have to laugh.

I agree with cold and dry run up to Xmas, certainly the opposite of last year. Closer to the date...who knows. Lets see where the High pressure ends up and how much energy the Atlantic pushes south of us.  Very interesting model watching right now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter

Sunny here in North west Wales fairly mild still at 8 degrees but much more cheerful. Next week changing on the models again! Best stratergy is to take all the model flips and flops with a large pinch of salt and wait and see.

Edited by EastAnglian

Posted

standard fair at the mo by the looks of things - then into the new year and jan/feb/march - colder months - maybe we'll score then - not looking any good right now though

... and it continues; dull, damp,drizzly, mild, windless. A touch chillier today, but still new cobwebs, gnats - even the grass seems to be looking up. Moths still struggling to survive. Winter pheasants and rabbits at this height for the first time  since I have lived here (30 yrs). No appreciable snow here for 3 or 4 years now. Seems like October rather than December. A touch of things to come?

I personally think that apart from the odd extreme event, at any time of year, temps are subtly on the up. Whether it's global warming or a natural cyclical experience over centuries is a bit too political and/or scientific for me.  Just wondering if I can manage bananas in the polytunnel this year!

Season's greetings to all. Christmas dinner al fresco?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers
On 14/12/2016 at 09:26, EastAnglian said:

Sunny here in North west Wales fairly mild still at 8 degrees but much more cheerful. Next week changing on the models again! Best stratergy is to take all the model flips and flops with a large pinch of salt and wait and see.

Maybe break out the flip flops would be more appropriate! Mild shmild

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

The lack of proper winter cold is always disappointing but I am trying not to complain too much because I remember last year.  By now, Eglyswrw near Crymych was already 54 days into their nearly record breaking spell of continuous daily rainfall and that's only 7 miles from us.  They still had another 30 days of daily rainfall to go.  The water was continuously cascading down the lane outside my house and we had to use duck boards to get to the car.  I don't want a repeat of that and I will take the current settled conditions even if that means no cold temperatures. The fact that we have had only one Atlantic storm so far must also be a great relief to the coastal towns and villages who were battered last winter but I feel concern for the Scottish isles who are going to be hit by Barbara this weekend.

Posted
On 12/12/2016 at 17:18, keithlucky said:

Still stuck in the middle with this mild sector weatherwise,  Canada USA cold and snowy Russia very cold ,with a bone crunching new record -80 c recorded in Siberia wow http://principia-scientific.org/

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Loads of trees down in North Wales, including one blocking a major road not far from where I live. I find this rather strange as the wind is fairly gentle, I'd estimate the strongest gust at no more than 30 MPH.

Pete 

Posted

Happy xmas you lot - hope ya have a good one - seems we may be playing around with wintery weather now for around 1st Jan 2017 - maybe the start of a new year and the start of the ICE AGE - we shall see

Posted

crumbs of snow comfort from good ole joe b - Wake Up Western Europe.. EURO says Eurasian Vortex backs into Scandinavia. Ice Age Now! blast day 11-20 in cards. What flip!

• Like 1

Posted

still looks like there might be something brewing out in FI territory on GFS - trends people - trends - northerly then easterly - we shall see

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

still looks like there might be something brewing out in FI territory on GFS - trends people - trends - northerly then easterly - we shall see

Going by what the models are currently 'smelling' - it'll be coffee!:yahoo:

• Like 1